Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 10:55 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

Wow, its retarded focusing on race over this shooting. But while I hope the officers recover and am glad the perps are no longer a threat to the community( as all drug dealers are) does anybody else wonder about the woman that got shot?
She was unarmed and reached for the officers shotgun when he fell on the sofa is what I heard. That just doesn't sound likely. If she was shot as the police exchanged gunfire with the male perp, I have no problem with that. She put herself in harms way. But if they made up a story to cover themselves after the fact, THAT I have a huge problem with.
I want to see badge cam videos of what went down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 12:12 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Hope they all recover, although it sounds like one of them was in pretty bad shape.

I can't believe someone in the comments actually said, "Is now a good time to talk about gun control?" Friggin' idiot. At least they got the right response - no person who shoots at cops gives a damn about following any gun control laws.
Free speech aside, that is a stupid time to say a comment and this is coming from a guy who has a habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:39 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The State passed the resolution: exterminate the Jews

Guard: Well, the State is the will of the people. I shall follow orders.

The State passed the resolution: these drugs are illegal so arrest those that have them

Cop: Well, the State is the will of the people. I shall follow orders.

That is the comparison I'm making and it is perfectly logical. If each individual respected their own self-ownership then this psychological paradigm wouldn't be peppered throughout history.
My state recently passed a law that allows you to legally break out a car window if there is a pet or kid in a hot car situation.

Thus an officer, allowing someone to rescue a dog from a hot car and not arresting them is the same thing as killing people in a concentration camp. Both were just "doing their job".

Arresting someone for selling meth out of their house, ticketing someone for speeding, helping an old lady that fell on the sidewalk and needs an ambulance, running over civilians with tanks....all the same thing...just doing a job.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Hope they all recover, although it sounds like one of them was in pretty bad shape.

I can't believe someone in the comments actually said, "Is now a good time to talk about gun control?" Friggin' idiot. At least they got the right response - no person who shoots at cops gives a damn about following any gun control laws.
It didn't take you long to make it about gun control......

Old 01-30-2019, 05:50 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
If the perps had been POC or illegals this thread would’ve had hundreds of posts. FOX was all over this until the pics were released.
True. The others jumped on it more AFTER the pics were released.

It's for profit corporate media, glad to see you're at least recognizing it in one but hopefully your comment is part of a broader recognition of the rest of the alphabet networks that do the same.

It's not fake news, but it is selective reporting as to what gets to the national news and how much attention it gets once it gets there.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:53 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Hope all come home to their families soon.
I pray for their speedy recovery.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:51 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Nicholas is registered as a Republican in TX. And Tuttle is not registered with a party but his religious affiliation is Christian.

That's right, the cop shooters were not Mexicans, were not Muslims, were not here illegally. They were white, Christian, Conservatives with guns. The REAL threat to America.
You lefties keep parroting this filth and I'm sick of it.

What about Cho? Alexis? Mateen? Hasan?

What about all the black terrorists that have made the streets of Chicago (and basically any and every inner-city) un-walkable at night?

I can't walk around at night in my city and I can assure you, sir, it is NOT because of "white terrorists".

Complete bull. But you lefties know this. You just get your jollies passing off out-and-out falsehoods as truth.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Another day, another round of politicizing a tragedy. <puke>

Old 01-30-2019, 07:56 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermomma View Post
Great, City Data posters who are pro gun and anti cop and anti Democrat.
I live in Texas too, the most conservative part by Sarah Palin standards.
I do not live in fear of the police. I fear unhinged white militia types and
I am white as a sheet.
To me, police now represent bureaucratic henchmen who do the dirty work of our immoral politicians who are now exclusively liberal.

So...it's complicated.

Of course all police are not bad or goons, but, again, to me they represent the "muscle" of what now are an entirely liberal/regressive political/elite ruling class.

And that's a problem.

I've had a lot of interaction with them over the years here and truth be told SPPD are among the best in the Metro. The suburban forces are more oppressive, by far, in my experience.

No, not all cops are bad, but they had better realize some of the draconian laws that have been passed (seriously they can pull you over for not wearing your seatbelt???? what the?!?!) are completely immoral and frankly unethical and illegal.

And I am a right-winger - you could lump me in with the "alt-right". And yes I have a problem with how the police are doing the dirty work of our psychotic liberal politicians.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:01 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Nicholas is registered as a Republican in TX. And Tuttle is not registered with a party but his religious affiliation is Christian.

That's right, the cop shooters were not Mexicans, were not Muslims, were not here illegally. They were white, Christian, Conservatives with guns.
Yep. #truthbomb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies