Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:54 AM

79,037 posts, read 61,175,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Are you kidding? He did this to help Kamala Harris in her presidential campaign. I just laugh at anyone who thinks this was some kind of mental health issue. Wake up.
While I don't know his full motivation, it is clearly not a mental health issue. He planned it, rehearsed it, had a "due by" date and so forth.

Additionally it was the SECOND attempt by him.

This was not some nut that had too many drinks and tried to climb the whitehouse fence in his underwear one night.

Guy cleaned up well enough to do the talk-show circuit etc. etc. etc. and attack anyone that may question his story.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:55 AM

10,075 posts, read 5,787,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
"Considering"? I'll start my response by saying "if a white cast member (assuming there are any) had..." well, you know where it goes from there.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,780,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
"Considering"? I'll start my response by saying "if a white cast member (assuming there are any) had..." well, you know where it goes from there.

Haha. Wasn't the producer/editor/whatever of that show standing by Jussie just a couple of days ago?

I'm guessing that character will be written out now. Rather fast.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
We should now start a poll if Jussie will actually get any jail time over this.
Yes, he will. Too high profile for a slap on the wrist. I asked about a poll too but with all the thread combining I thought it might just be deleted.

The one prosecutor recused herself because she didn't want to be seen "tearing down Jussie" by some of her base which is in one of the few parts of Chicago that feel he's innocent no matter what.

She knows he's going to jail, she doesn't want to have it potentially hurt her politically.

P.S. And that doesn't even include the feds if they're able to pin the letter on him.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
They already made the decision to remove him, they just have to make it look slow and deliberate and break the news slowly with "considering" soon to be followed by "after consideration".

There are books on the topic of manipulating public response to "bad news" and breaking things slowly in some cases to give time for some folks that still can't process or want to believe this to process.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha. Wasn't the producer/editor/whatever of that show standing by Jussie just a couple of days ago?

I'm guessing that character will be written out now. Rather fast.
Mentioned this hundreds of posts back.....it would be appropriate if they had his character commit suicide.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:13 AM

22,140 posts, read 9,707,186 times
Quote:
Roseanne?

More fallout from this case: A woman is suing CPD for putting all their resources (24 DETECTIVES) to this case instead of solving murders. (Her kid was murdered). The rate of murders being solved in Chicago is abysmal on a good day and they redirected these already thin resources to Jussie's case.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:22 AM

13,694 posts, read 20,857,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Roseanne?

More fallout from this case: A woman is suing CPD for putting all their resources (24 DETECTIVES) to this case instead of solving murders. (Her kid was murdered). The rate of murders being solved in Chicago is abysmal on a good day and they redirected these already thin resources to Jussie's case.
She has a right to be angry.

We had a couple of bomb scares when I was in elementary school. DC of the 1970s was a crazy place.

Soon we all gathered in the auditorium and watched a film about the ramifications of false alarms to police and the fire department.

It was pretty clear to this third grader that sending first responders on a hoax meant someone in need might very well not get help.

The arrogance this actor has shown is disgusting.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:24 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,948,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes, he will. Too high profile for a slap on the wrist. I asked about a poll too but with all the thread combining I thought it might just be deleted.

The one prosecutor recused herself because she didn't want to be seen "tearing down Jussie" by some of her base which is in one of the few parts of Chicago that feel he's innocent no matter what.

She knows he's going to jail, she doesn't want to have it potentially hurt her politically.

P.S. And that doesn't even include the feds if they're able to pin the letter on him.
Agreed. Between the two hoaxes (one being federal) and a previous misdemeanor for lying to the police (showing he has a history of this), there is too much going on for him to escape jail time. One of the two hoaxes will land him in jail.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:28 AM

20,391 posts, read 20,033,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Woke up to the good news of his arrest, I wonder where all the Hollywood Stars that were so public with their support of him in the beginning are now?
Storing up their energy to be outraged and the first to share said outrage over the next hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies