Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support free healthcare for the illegals?
Yes. 8 6.02%
No. 125 93.98%
I don’t know. 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 12:36 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I can't decide if she is a genius or an idiot. I do have my suspicions, however...

How can she possibly win on these issues, and even if she does, how can she deliver??

She's obviously taken several full drinks from the the Hillary Clinton punch bowl of politics.

i.e. A drunk genus is as bad as a drunk idiot. Really no difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 12:39 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Kamala Harris has said she supports Medicare for all (cost estimate $32 TRILLION) and abolishing ICE (compared them to the KKK). So, how exactly will that work? Import tons of new illegals and make Americans who work for a living pay for their healthcare? Sounds fair to me. What do you think?
It would not work. Medicare is a Federal program. Illegals are not eligible. Some states do provide Medicaid coverage.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:40 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
It's nothing but candidate BS!
So true, every politician since the beginning of time promises the moon for your vote, Kamala isn't the first and she won't be the last. And in the end, whichever candidate does get elected, will most likely fulfill very little to none of what they promised, basic politics 101!

Just look at how easy is was for Trump to get that $5.7 billion for that border wall/fence/whatever out of that $4 trillion federal budget, that's right, it wasn't easy at all.

That's why I have to chuck at people getting excited or upset at what politicians say/promise.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
It would not work. Medicare is a Federal program. Illegals are not eligible. Some states do provide Medicaid coverage.
Tell Kamala that. She advocates a lot of policies that would not work, same as AOC does. They are 2 peas in a pod, but living on different coasts

Old 01-30-2019, 12:53 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Tell Kamala that. She advocates a lot of policies that would not work, same as AOC does. They are 2 peas in a pod, but living on different coasts
To take OP's post and recast it to where it might become a serious proposal ... IF current illegals are provided with some sort of legalized status should they be allowed access to Medicare or Social Security even though they work and pay into it?

Short answer (here): No.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

She did not advocate anything of the sort. The O/P made a linear melding of two positions she's stated and you're arguing over the O/P's assumptive reasoning, not Harris's statements.

Medicare for all. No mention of illegals as there is no mention of them in any other discussion about medicare.

Reassess role of ICE . No mention of allowing illegals to enter or remain...NONE. In fact she even elucidated her thoughts on the topic.

Summation; more of "the sky is falling" nonsense from agenda driven partisan surface skimmers..

Old 01-30-2019, 03:11 PM

764 posts, read 392,816 times
What does this cost, Kamalalala. Who pays for it? Does the money fall from the sky? She thinks so. What a totally dumb human being. By the way kamalala the rich are paying for our country! She doesn't know this! LOL

Old 01-30-2019, 03:13 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
To take OP's post and recast it to where it might become a serious proposal ... IF current illegals are provided with some sort of legalized status should they be allowed access to Medicare or Social Security even though they work and pay into it?

Short answer (here): No.
must be that ocean air

Old 01-30-2019, 03:26 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Kamala Harris has said she supports Medicare for all (cost estimate $32 TRILLION) and abolishing ICE (compared them to the KKK). So, how exactly will that work? Import tons of new illegals and make Americans who work for a living pay for their healthcare? Sounds fair to me. What do you think?
What do I think? I think this yet another forum post where the forum title is false and totally misleading.

Link to where Harris actually is on record supporting "open borders"?

Link to where Harris actually is on record supporting healthcare for illegals at no charge?

Old 01-30-2019, 03:33 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Getting a little carried away, here.
The GDP of the entire US is 17 trillion - that means you could buy every good and product made in America during one year for 17 trillion.
FWIW, the GDP of the entire world is around 65 trillion. Yes, America accounts for 1/4 of the GDP of the entire world.
So M4A could not possibly cost that much - at least not in one year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies