Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support free healthcare for the illegals?
Yes. 8 6.02%
No. 125 93.98%
I don’t know. 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 06:37 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It doesn't cost less. Only a fool would believe that. If you mean by 'costs less' you take all the money from private insurance companies as a supplement to pay for it, maybe. You are delusional.
It would be much cheaper than the current system which is the most expensive system in the world by a huge margin. A 6% value added tax (includes services) should generate $700-800 billion a year. Add that to the roughly 1.7 trillion in current public spending on health care and we're at $2.5 trillion. Add $500 billion in private health care spending (typical of countries with universal health care) and we're at $3 trillion a year.

At $3 trillion or almost 15% of GDP, it would be the most expensive single payer system in the world (all other developed countries spend 9-12% of GDP on health). If you're saying it will be far more expensive than 15% of GDP, we're doing something wrong (time to fight corruption siphoning off our dollars).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 06:49 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What do I think? I think this yet another forum post where the forum title is false and totally misleading.

Link to where Harris actually is on record supporting "open borders"?

Link to where Harris actually is on record supporting healthcare for illegals at no charge?
You know Trumpies like spouting their fake alternative news while shouting everything I don't agree with as fake news...

Old 02-01-2019, 06:52 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I can't decide if she is a genius or an idiot. I do have my suspicions, however...

How can she possibly win on these issues, and even if she does, how can she deliver??
There are hundreds of millions of people in poverty stricken countries that would gladly come here to get welfare and health care at our expense....and if you don't stop them, encourage them, let them vote, wala, power for the power hungry Leftists Nazis and Venezuela, we are joining you.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:55 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Kamala Harris has said she supports Medicare for all (cost estimate $32 TRILLION) and abolishing ICE (compared them to the KKK). So, how exactly will that work? Import tons of new illegals and make Americans who work for a living pay for their healthcare? Sounds fair to me. What do you think?
I believe the bill should be sent to Ms Harris and the district she represents, let them pay for her enlightened insight.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
I am willing to bet you believed all the left wing sources when they said how much Trump's tax cuts would cost.
It's your money, so no one cares what you do with it.

Sounds like you cannot answer my question.

I am willing to entertain you. Please use the link and choose the source language as Finnish, and target language as English, and then enter her first name, and see what happens.

https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (10).png
Views:	16
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	207521

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-01-2019 at 07:34 AM..

Old 02-01-2019, 08:29 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
It doesn't cost less. Only a fool would believe that. If you mean by 'costs less' you take all the money from private insurance companies as a supplement to pay for it, maybe. You are delusional.
Stop regurgitating right wing propaganda and you might actually learn something.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bern...e-money-2018-7

https://theweek.com/articles/789640/...forall-cheaper

Old 02-01-2019, 08:53 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
It would be much cheaper than the current system which is the most expensive system in the world by a huge margin. A 6% value added tax (includes services) should generate $700-800 billion a year. Add that to the roughly 1.7 trillion in current public spending on health care and we're at $2.5 trillion. Add $500 billion in private health care spending (typical of countries with universal health care) and we're at $3 trillion a year.

At $3 trillion or almost 15% of GDP, it would be the most expensive single payer system in the world (all other developed countries spend 9-12% of GDP on health). If you're saying it will be far more expensive than 15% of GDP, we're doing something wrong (time to fight corruption siphoning off our dollars).

1. you are not considering the actual COST of CARE

2. medicare is 800 billion to PARTIALLY cover the most sickest(most costly) 14% of America, and STILL REQUIRES you to BUY additional/supplemental INSURANCE..plus medicare has many denials..plus medicare does NOT cover nursing homes and extended care programs...…..

that right there kills the harris idea of getting rid of all private insurance

3. you are not considering the FACT that 70% of americans have employer supported group health insurance... of which the employer PAYS 75% of the premium....taking that to UHC/SP/MFA takes that bill away from employers, and puts it square on the individual taxpayer

4 medicare for all will EASILY end up costing 3.5 to 4.5 trillion annually.....that is the ENTIRE REVENUE of the government...

5. by taking the cost OFF of corporations, you are screwing the individual....did you guys ever consider that …..

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-01-2019 at 09:07 AM..

Old 02-01-2019, 10:18 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Like Tucker was saying, ok we try some kind of socialized medicine but we gotta close the borders. Not that he would go for that, because modern conservatives do not like other Americans who they deem unworthy (poor) having access either.

That is why America is like it is and why conservatives are not patriotic or "nationalist". They like making money off illegals, as long as the illegals stay in line, along with those poor Americans who don't matter either. They would actually prefer the illegals since they get that cheap labor out of them. Why not give them healthcare?

Old 02-01-2019, 10:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Kamala Harris has said she supports Medicare for all (cost estimate $32 TRILLION) and abolishing ICE (compared them to the KKK). So, how exactly will that work? Import tons of new illegals and make Americans who work for a living pay for their healthcare? Sounds fair to me. What do you think?
Kamala Harris advocates open borders

Could you post your sources? Especially when stated she was for open borders--what is the source for that quote?

Last edited by Enigma777; 02-01-2019 at 10:58 AM..

Old 02-01-2019, 10:28 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. you are not considering the actual COST of CARE

2. medicare is 800 billion to PARTIALLY cover the most sickest(most costly) 14% of America, and STILL REQUIRES you to BUY additional/supplemental INSURANCE..plus medicare has many denials..plus medicare does NOT cover nursing homes and extended care programs...…..

that right there kills the harris idea of getting rid of all private insurance

3. you are not considering the FACT that 70% of americans have employer supported group health insurance... of which the employer PAYS 75% of the premium....taking that to UHC/SP/MFA takes that bill away from employers, and puts it square on the individual taxpayer

4 medicare for all will EASILY end up costing 3.5 to 4.5 trillion annually.....that is the ENTIRE REVENUE of the government...

5. by taking the cost OFF of corporations, you are screwing the individual....did you guys ever consider that …..
No, they fail to understand they are taking the burden off of large corporations and throwing it on the working man. The only way to avoid this is to pay for it with taxes on corporations equal to what those corporations now pay in premiums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies