Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does America have a chance for a gay president?
Ultra high 12 12.00%
Medium chance 22 22.00%
Very low 66 66.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 05:02 PM

16,611 posts, read 8,625,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
What are the odds?
I cannot vote in your poll because you do not have a basic and obvious choice listed.

`

Old 07-24-2019, 05:06 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
What are the odds?
I do not care what someone does privately! As long as it is legal.

To me the best person should be able to get the job regardless race, sexual preference, etc.

I’m not voting on this one as there are too many things that to me play into this and I never will vote based on one item.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:06 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,645,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Who cares if a president is gay? What are their policies? I wouldn't vote for Buttigieg because he is a lunatic liberal, but not because he is gay.
How is he a lunatic liberal? If anything he is a moderate Democrat.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:24 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
What makes you think that he is gay?
lots of rumors of him experimenting with men in college and being a frequenter of the bathhouse scene. maybe not outright gay but bisexual. think frank underwood. it wouldn't surprise me if things came out later in his life. he is very protected by the media.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Baby boomers are the obstacle preventing a gay (or woman) president. Once they have passed, a lot of the nonsense will go with them. Then it will depend on if we are still a united country or a loose group of regions as to whether there will be one or several leaders with their sexual preference not being a factor at all.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Baby boomers are the obstacle preventing a gay (or woman) president. Once they have passed, a lot of the nonsense will go with them. Then it will depend on if we are still a united country or a loose group of regions as to whether there will be one or several leaders with their sexual preference not being a factor at all.
Here we go. Democrats out number Republicans by a good measure. By the numbers Democrats should be able to win every single presidential election..

The reason Hillary lost is because she quite simply was that bad. It wasn't because of the Russians, Chinese, or Plutonians from outer space. She sucked. She couldn't inspire hungry dogs to eat raw meat.

Most people I know vote party line. Then the next group votes policy and what the candidate stands for.

When that gets short circuited is when you have someone as god awful as Hillary was. Then people dont turn out to vote and the Independents impact the election.

Hillary barely carried her party. Many who voted for her did so because Trump was also that bad.

Most will vote for the person who represents what the people believe in. I will say this. You want to hurt your chances? Pull a Hillary and act like its owed to you.

Ill vote for a purple gay person if their policies reflect what I believe in. Compromise between the parties to put the needs of the nation first. Stop playing world cop. Cut the military by at least 25%. Balanced budget. Single payer health care. Something like Australia has.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:52 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
lots of rumors of him experimenting with men in college and being a frequenter of the bathhouse scene. maybe not outright gay but bisexual. think frank underwood. it wouldn't surprise me if things came out later in his life. he is very protected by the media.
Amazing how most people believe this and also that Michelle is actually Michael, yet have such a difficult time coming to terms that Trump might be corrupt.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Here we go. Democrats out number Republicans by a good measure. By the numbers Democrats should be able to win every single presidential election..

The reason Hillary lost is because she quite simply was that bad. It wasn't because of the Russians, Chinese, or Plutonians from outer space. She sucked. She couldn't inspire hungry dogs to eat raw meat.

Most people I know vote party line. Then the next group votes policy and what the candidate stands for.

When that gets short circuited is when you have someone as god awful as Hillary was. Then people dont turn out to vote and the Independents impact the election.

Hillary barely carried her party. Many who voted for her did so because Trump was also that bad.

Most will vote for the person who represents what the people believe in. I will say this. You want to hurt your chances? Pull a Hillary and act like its owed to you.

Ill vote for a purple gay person if their policies reflect what I believe in. Compromise between the parties to put the needs of the nation first. Stop playing world cop. Cut the military by at least 25%. Balanced budget. Single payer health care. Something like Australia has.
Don't forget, the red state of Texas just passed a law dedicated to Chick-fil-A, they are so supportive of the opposition to gays. Go to any right wing blog and there will be some anti-gay screed somewhere on the page with pleas for the "good old days" when men were men! Never mind that most gays I know are more educated and financially successful than the average.

Look at the baby boomers running the country, Trump, McConnell, Lindsay, et. al. Remember when Obama was president and the GOP was all about sequestration? Remember the Tea Party? Yeah, that's all dead because once the GOP is in charge, deficits don't matter! We need to get passed the baby boomers so we can focus on the most qualified rather than sexual orientation vs. how many wives someone had to prove their virility.

Last edited by Seacove; 07-24-2019 at 08:11 PM..

Old 07-24-2019, 07:06 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
no

Old 07-24-2019, 07:06 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,758 times
Quote:
What are the odds?

Not in my lifetime. Certainly not in 2020 if I know what you may be thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies