Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were you impressed by the State of the Union Address?
YES 158 63.97%
NO 89 36.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 10:48 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

I'm not sure why you would get a nasty message...every single aviation company in the world has access to it...it's a public website....

No, it does not sound condensing...and sorry you don't have the ability to multi-task.....

And I appreciate constructive feedback, not verbal blasting...not that you would know the difference..
Here's the message I get when attempting to access your link, FYI...

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from amcomdmz.redstone.army.mil (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

I suspect we can move on from all the condescension nonsense now, including all yours about what other people can't do or understand, now too including the inability to multi-task, but that is another interesting topic that would come up often with my clients when I served as their Executive Coach. We can only focus on so many things at one time, usually one thing at a time to do it well, but of course if the job provides for lots of idle time, like waiting for the phone to ring, that's another matter that people will address in whatever way they wish.

As long as you are happy and the employer is happy, then all should be for the most part well, but you did say you can't watch videos at work. Curious how or why you can post comments in this forum but can't watch a video.

I'm not sure you appreciate constructive feedback, but again just FYI, your claim I wouldn't know the difference is yet again condescending. Sometimes "constructive feedback" can also be feedback we don't like hearing, but ultimately there are better ways to offer people feedback and no doubt I can do better in those regards with you too.

In the event our paths should cross again...

Old 02-09-2019, 11:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from amcomdmz.redstone.army.mil (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

I suspect we can move on from all the condescension nonsense now, including all yours about what other people can't do or understand, now too including the inability to multi-task, but that is another interesting topic that would come up often with my clients when I served as their Executive Coach. We can only focus on so many things at one time, usually one thing at a time to do it well, but of course if the job provides for lots of idle time, like waiting for the phone to ring, that's another matter that people will address in whatever way they wish.

As long as you are happy and the employer is happy, then all should be for the most part well, but you did say you can't watch videos at work. Curious how or why you can post comments in this forum but can't watch a video.

I'm not sure you appreciate constructive feedback, but again just FYI, your claim I wouldn't know the difference is yet again condescending. Sometimes "constructive feedback" can also be feedback we don't like hearing, but ultimately there are better ways to offer people feedback and no doubt I can do better in those regards with you too.

It's generally a good idea to avoid the links provided by these trumpie folks. You know they frequent some creepy corners of the internet.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X6MNCkMF9k

Old 02-09-2019, 01:26 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

You are the only person that has ever complained, ever, I've been at this same job for almost 10 years now and I have provided that exact same link for those years.... Boeing, Sikorsky, PAA, OSS, Able Engineering, Timken, Texas Aerospace, Honeywell, Parker Hannifin, Hydro Honing, Metal Improvements, Columbia Helicopters, (these are just off the top of my head) and the list continues to grow.......so not sure why you would receive that message?

Quote:
I suspect we can move on from all the condescension nonsense now, including all yours about what other people can't do or understand, now too including the inability to multi-task, but that is another interesting topic that would come up often with my clients when I served as their Executive Coach.

Funny, you accuse me of not working, then when I throw it right back in your face, you seem to get mad, why?

Quote:
We can only focus on so many things at one time, usually one thing at a time to do it well, but of course if the job provides for lots of idle time, like waiting for the phone to ring, that's another matter that people will address in whatever way they wish.

You state the paragraph directly above and then you post this....or you obviously did not understand what I quoted from my job....

Quote:

Because they block YouTube.....I'm a contractor that works on Redstone Arsenal...and it's funny, because they want us, while at work to view AMCOM (now called Futures Command) on YouTube....

Quote:

Do you think you have really provided "constructive feedback/criticism? If you think talking down to people is that....

Wait, what, you don't like being talked down to? Maybe you should learn from your own words.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
It's generally a good idea to avoid the links provided by these trumpie folks. You know they frequent some creepy corners of the internet.

Yea, cause darn near ever company in the world that deals with Aviation has clicked that link...and that has been the only person who has complained...ever....

Old 02-09-2019, 02:44 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yea, cause darn near ever company in the world that deals with Aviation has clicked that link...and that has been the only person who has complained...ever....
I'm not referring to that particular link but I have clicked on a number of links from Trump supporters that somehow disconnected my computer from the internet. I would have to re-boot two or three times to get back on. Maybe just co-incidence. But now I avoid links from Trump supporters. I figure that anyone who supports a swindler and pathological liar like Donald Trump is not to be trusted.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not referring to that particular link but I have clicked on a number of links from Trump supporters that somehow disconnected my computer from the internet.

Point taken.

Quote:
I would have to re-boot two or three times to get back on. Maybe just co-incidence. But now I avoid links from Trump supporters. I figure that anyone who supports a swindler and pathological liar like Donald Trump is not to be trusted.

LOL, I've had the same thing happen with links from your partner oldgringo......you know, you leftist buddy.

LOL, and you supported obama, possibly the only president with "lie of the year"...

Old 02-09-2019, 02:57 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
I'm not referring to that particular link but I have clicked on a number of links from Trump supporters that somehow disconnected my computer from the internet. I would have to re-boot two or three times to get back on. Maybe just co-incidence. But now I avoid links from Trump supporters. I figure that anyone who supports a swindler and pathological liar like Donald Trump is not to be trusted.
Did you change out your flux capacitor? Sometimes that takes care of the dark web sites some of the conspiracy nuts post on here.

Actually, I bet most of them don't even know how to access darknet.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:48 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:

I have noticed that too and I also refuse to click on links posted by rabid Trump supporters. We all know who they are.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:00 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
It's been less than a week since Trump's State of the Union speech, and it's already faded.

Nobody is talking about the big policy initiatives he introduced. Were there any?

Nobody is talking about the couple dozen lies he told. Trump telling lies is old news.

Nobody is tweeting about anything other than Pelosi's necklace and her "Bless your heart" clap.

Even this C-D thread devoted to his speech has wandered on to other subjects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies