Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were you impressed by the State of the Union Address?
YES 158 63.97%
NO 89 36.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 10:24 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's the only thing I could find...but lets see your link.

Of course You won't provide it...that's why you are running away....

I stand corrected. My point still stands , why couldn’t he say you look beautiful? Or very lovely?
Instead this is how it came across.

https://youtu.be/gp73v7BbOgc

I don’t run but the fact that Trump supporters can’t see facts and twist them as they see are gets old.

Last edited by reed067; 02-08-2019 at 10:34 AM..

Old 02-08-2019, 10:31 AM

554 posts, read 684,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
um, excuse me, but if one of those women he is talking about, didn't want it, they'd let him know for certain....I would....as a woman, I'm in control....no one touches me, and if they do, they had better protect their family jewels.

Spin it anyway you want...I've heard this kind of talk before among men, some of them, when they are young, love to brag and make up stories....
To your first point, you are clearly entirely ignorant regarding the brain's reactions to trauma. Perhaps the following link will illuminate the more common response to sexual assault or harassment - not "fight or flight", but "freeze" and the neurobiology/neurochemistry behind it...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...and-harassment

Furthermore, just because you've "heard that talk before among men" doesn't make it right and doesn't mean we should just all accept that "boys will be boys." As a woman, you are doing a fabulous job of encouraging false narratives that lead to victim blaming/shaming and the continuation of a culture that diminishes the importance and validity of female experiences.

I find it quite humorous that a President who has routinely disparaged women, advocated for sexual assault, was accused by his own ex-wife of rape, and creepily announced he would sleep with his own daughter if he wasn't related to her, decided to take credit for the "historic amount of women" in Congress today in his STOU address. In a round about way, he is responsible for it I guess, but not because he wanted it to happen - because women were so pissed about his character that they decided to run campaigns to try and attack his motives and ideals and weaken his influence.

And to the poster that said "it didn't happen in the White House" and "let's talk about Clinton" - this is merely a distraction technique and a misplaced assumption at that. What makes you think I'm okay with what Clinton did? For the record, I'm not - Unlike some others on this thread, I do not make my moral judgments/criticisms about people based solely on political leanings...

Old 02-08-2019, 10:34 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I stand corrected. My point still stands , why couldn’t he say you look beautiful? Or very lovely?
Instead this is how it came across.

https://youtu.be/gp73v7BbOgc

I cannot watch youtube at work...

I don't care what it came across as....everyone see's everything different. And the very fact that you are upset over “such good shape” and then try to turn it on me, that that's not what he said...yea, that's twisting words and you're right...it does get old when lefties twist words to suit there needs...even when wrong....

Quote:
I don’t run but the fact that Trump supporters can’t see facts and twist them as they see fit gets old.

LOL...you just twisted words because you did not research... and then provide some video that agrees with you (I assume)....all over the words "such good shape." Sad...really sad...

And just think if he would have used your words above...HOLY HECK....and you and your ilk are upset over "such good shape"..your heads would have exploded if would have said that....

Old 02-08-2019, 10:39 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
LearnMe said: "Also for those of us who have been paying close attention to how Trump gets his support from his base while losing more and more popularity with the rest of us, I think Trump's speech was yet another "home run" for his supporters and another foul ball for those better able to see the foul lines."

Trumps approval rating has increased to 49% since the SOU Speach:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

Trump won 46.1% of popular vote, so approval rating of 49% indicates that he may winning over new supporters and growing his base.
Thanks. Duly noted, and although a bump in ratings is nothing to take for granted...

"Trump, in 2018, and Barack Obama, in 2015 and 2016, saw modest two- to four-percentage-point increases in approval after their State of the Union addresses."

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/poll...tes-union.aspx

Not hard for me to understand given what I explained in my prior comment. The whole deal is intended to make Americans feel good about themselves, Americans and the state of the union, and of course the POTUS. Given what I have observed over the course of many a SOU address, the popularity improvement opportunity is for the POTUS to lose. Entirely, exclusively and almost by definition his to gain...

Old 02-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

I don't care what it came across as....everyone see's everything different. And the very fact that you are upset over “such good shape” and then try to turn it on me, that that's not what he said...yea, that's twisting words and you're right...it does get old when lefties twist words to suit there needs...even when wrong....LOL...you just twisted words because you did not research... and then provide some video that agrees with you (I assume)....all over the words "such good shape." Sad...really sad...

And just think if he would have used your words above...HOLY HECK....and you and your ilk are upset over "such good shape"..your heads would have exploded if would have said that....
What’s sad is i admitted that I was wrong. The real sad fact of the matter is that you ignored that and you continued continued to heckle me because that’s what Trump Supporters thrive on. As your doing now As president he should’ve chosen better word like you look lovely or beautiful but in typical sexist pig fashion Trump couldn’t do that. I’m not upset over it so as always your wrong. Time to take off the Trump sunglasses and wean yourselves off that kool aid.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 AM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why would you say that? She's not the one who shut down the government. In fact, the Dems tried for days and days to pass bills to reopen the government. How is that having a grudge with America?
Yes... you are right the democrats tried to pass bills to open the government..without compromise.

Compromise: An agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions...

Note: the part about making concessions.

It is most likely the grudge democrats are still suffering after the last presidential election..you should really get over that and move on.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:53 AM

I blame both parties for this shutdown but the majority of the fault lies with him. Because as president he’s supposed to work with Congress not against them. As Trump himself put it when the government shuts down the fault lies with the president. If Hillary was president I’d feel the same way.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:58 AM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
If the're a good employee he does,if they are not it was someone else that did it.

I worked for a very large company for 34 years straight and never in those 34 years did I ever meet or even see the CEO, CFO of the company.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:00 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
um, excuse me, but if one of those women he is talking about, didn't want it, they'd let him know for certain....I would....as a woman, I'm in control....no one touches me, and if they do, they had better protect their family jewels.

Spin it anyway you want...I've heard this kind of talk before among men, some of them, when they are young, love to brag and make up stories....
Seems to me that you are the one doing the spinning...

You and/or the women in this scenario are not the issue in any case. Doesn't really matter how a woman responds any more than how a person might respond to a jack-ass who cuts them off on the freeway. Blow your horn or don't, the jack-ass is still a jack-ass!

As a man, I know just a bit about what you are explaining, but there are many degrees of difference between how some men treat women as compared to other men. It's insulting to suggest what Trump says and does applies to all men, regardless our common biological inclinations.

Aside from the different degrees of respect and behavior toward women, there is the simple stupidity factor, and ego on display. To boast and brag as Trump does is something I would never imagine doing, especially in a public forum. Trump is example of yet another different sort of man that most discerning decent men and women can't respect in any redeeming way.

Never mind Trump's wife, Stormy and all the rest also not so easily excused by what men do "when they are young."

Old 02-08-2019, 11:05 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
What’s sad is i admitted that I was wrong. The real sad fact of the matter is that you ignored that and you continued continued to heckle me because that’s what Trump Supporters thrive on. As your doing now As president he should’ve chosen better word like you look lovely or beautiful but in typical sexist pig fashion Trump couldn’t do that. I’m not upset over it so as always your wrong. Time to take off the Trump sunglasses and wean yourselves off that kool aid.

You said your point still stands....

I've apologized before and even had a thread closed because I was wrong...and the left still bashed me even after apologizing....

Lets get back to your original point...you said Hillary said something while not being president...so it does not matter what she said.....now you and the left complain about things that trump said while not president...that called being a hy...hypoc...hypocrite.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies