Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 06:43 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,745,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Guess its time to declare a national emergency. Gun violence is clearly a greater threat to ordinary Americans than illegals.
Much as I support the President's efforts on border security, I strongly agree that gun violence is clearly the greater and more immediate threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 06:47 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times
Been a while.since there's been a workplace shooting it seems. School shootings and random public shootings seemed more commonplace these days.

You never know which wacko will react violently after being canned.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-victim-count/

Old 02-16-2019, 06:48 AM

23,604 posts, read 17,287,157 times
Default Not 'gun violence', its is 'CRIMINAL violence'...linguistic nucnace legislators unable to comprehend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Gangbanger shootings in big cities are no threat to me. A nut shooting up a school, church, mall, movie theater, workplace, etc. is a threat to everybody. After every mass shooting the gun huggers try to change the subject and screech about Chicago for some reason. Why is that?
you really mean 'everybody ELSE'.

gun owners can say, a nut shooting up a church, etc, doesn't impact me', in your world of logic and they would be okay.

Gun owners wouldn't say that because every criminal act with a gun impacts their freedoms because of self serving legislators who are unable to comprehend a problem as complex as criminal violence. Not 'gun violence', its is 'CRIMINAL violence'. that linguistic nuance that prevents the obtuse legislator's from even approaching a solution.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:50 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,745,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No it isn't. That's just plain silly. You can't compare millions of illegals raping our country economically, committing many crimes and thousands marching in caravans up to our border to domestic violence from our citizens who at least have a right to be here.
Talk about silly. It doesn't get any sillier than this.

Except that the result of this kind of silliness is anything but.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:50 AM

45,261 posts, read 26,518,839 times
I blame the killers actions on social media and a lack of "likes" and thumbs for their online persona.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,648,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
So according to FBI, its a Mass shooting. Over 4 dead and injured..
And this guy should have not legally owned a gun, as he was convicted of stabbing someone.
Domestic VIloence, Aggravated assault, attempted murder? I think if he had filled out a 4473 he would not been able to get a gun.
So, question is, whos gun was it. Or where did he get it.
Yep, just another random 'lone wolf' mass shooting, nothing to see here, keep moving along.

How convenient that he should not have legally allowed to have the gun...

This is going to condition ALOT of people into supporting tough new gun control laws.

**See how that works? 'a shooting' happens... where if tough laws the Govt wants, had been in place, it would have saved lives and prevented the guy from obtaining a gun...This is EXACTLY how to change public opinion on a controversial issue.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:07 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,508,462 times
So... the police chief of Aurora was just on...
Stated the gunman purchased a pistol... at a gun store...
But was denied a concealed carry permit for felony charges found against him...

Wait a minute... the FBI who conducts background checks on firearms purchases didn't tell the dealer to hold/deny the sale?

And yet... IL police revoked his FOID card? But not his weapon?

Someone in the .gov slipped up at fed and state level.
And because of that... everyone else must pay? I'm understanding this argument correctly?

Because when you purchase a firearm, unless you reside in a state where a concealed carry permit takes the place of a NICS check (FBI background) you get a background check from an FFL holder-Gun Store/Pawn Shop when purchasing a firearm.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:15 AM

29,603 posts, read 14,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, just another random 'lone wolf' mass shooting, nothing to see here, keep moving along.

How convenient that he should not have legally allowed to have the gun...

This is going to condition ALOT of people into supporting tough new gun control laws.

**See how that works? 'a shooting' happens... where if tough laws the Govt wants, had been in place, it would have saved lives and prevented the guy from obtaining a gun...This is EXACTLY how to change public opinion on a controversial issue.
Lying on the 4473 is a felony punishable by up to $100k and 10yrs (maybe 5) in prison. What more would you like to do that might of changed his mind ?
Last time i checked, i believe murdering someone had some pretty strict penalties.
Would more have changed his mind ?
You tell me ? What do you really think ?

Old 02-16-2019, 10:23 AM

18,061 posts, read 27,516,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The latest shooting in America. Appears to be workplace violence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-plant-n972226
Fact number 1. He's black.

Fact number 2. He has 6 priors. He had a felony on August 3rd, 1995.

Fact number 3. He was getting fired that day.

Case closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Much as I support the President's efforts on border security, I strongly agree that gun violence is clearly the greater and more immediate threat.
Abortion.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:28 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,219,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to the Brady Campaign, Illinois scores 35/100, 9th place.

Illinois is one of 5 states that does not allow open carry.

There is no ban on automatic weapons or magazine capacity.

No shortage of gun stores/ ranges and advertising for such, in the community of Aurora.

Like most states, Illinois leaves CC in the workplace to the discretion of the employer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-c..._magazine_bans

Municipal and county high-capacity magazine bans
U.S. cities with high-capacity magazine restrictions or bans include:

Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
Sunnyvale, California
Denver, Colorado
Cook County, Illinois[26][27]
Aurora, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
Oak Park, Illinois
Albany, New York
Buffalo, New York
New York, New York
Rochester, New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies