Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 05:39 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,229,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Unlike the right, Dems care about the constitution. It will not be used in that manner in the future. Trump is a cancer of our society. He will be cut out soon.
"Dems care about the constitution."
Here, let me fix that for you: Dems care about their interpretation of the constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 07:47 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Who cares what the NRA says? They've been outed as a front for Russian interference and intelligence operations.
They endorsed gun control measures as far back as the 1934 NFA.
Apparently you do care as they are your boogeyman that enables the laws and styles of laws you want implemented.
LOL you're terrified of the country club Fudds who sell out rights wholesale to pander to you and seek donations from us, to fight what they not only helped to create but gave a wink and nod to!

Old 02-16-2019, 08:18 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Do conservatives EVER stop thinking about guns?��
I think about many other things.

Do I propose to the girlfriend in a year or two?
Do I pay off the skidsteer next month or should I continue to pay off the borrowed amount to have as a tax deduction?
Where did that wrench disappear to?
Is there any good pizza to be found in Florida? Or like Ponce DeLeon continue to seek pizza as the mythical fountain of youth?
Are my guys getting by okay?
Will the new trainee stay or is he not going to like working in the sun heat and humidity?
Oh crap what time does the bank close? Will I make it to deposit checks and cash in time?
Who designed the duck bill platypus? Or is it a result of a beaver getting drunk and taking a duck back to the dam at closing time?
Do I want steak or tacos for dinner? If I get steak tacos I get both... that's a win.
If white is a color, where does the white go when snow melts?
Should I splurge and buy that hellcat challenger I want or wait a year or two and buy one with cash up front?
Can aluminum be magnetized?
How much would it cost to make a molten salt nuclear reactor?
Is it possible to split atoms to get desirable fission byproducts like rare earth metals and no harmful actinides like cesium/strontium?
If greenhouse gasses are causing or contributing to global warming, why are we not filtering the air to remove said contaminants from it?
How much wood, could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?
Realistically not much. They're fat little things with stubby "arms" but what if they could?

Very little of what I think about daily falls under the realm of political/other controversies.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:39 AM

956 posts, read 745,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Unlike the right, Dems care about the constitution. It will not be used in that manner in the future. Trump is a cancer of our society. He will be cut out soon.
Stupidest statement ever, Dems spit on the Constitution.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Cool Did Trump just set the stage for civil war?

The only "war" is tRump vs America.

And America's gonna win.

Bigly

Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Stupidest statement ever, Dems spit on the Constitution.
Well I never have. Who did you see do that?

Fake emergencies when you didn't your get your way through the legislative process are BAD.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Well I never have. Who did you see do that?

Fake emergencies when you didn't your get your way through the legislative process are BAD.
Learn the meanings of "national security" and "sovereign/head-of-State" get back to us.

When you learn the meanings, I'll help you connect the dots between "national security" and "sovereign."

Then I'll help you understand that if Congress fails or refuses to provide for, or enhance, the national security of the US, a President has the right, power and authority to take any action not expressly denied in the Constitution to provide for, or enhance, the national security of the US.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:20 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,144,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Is there any good pizza to be found in Florida? Or like Ponce DeLeon continue to seek pizza as the mythical fountain of youth?
Guido's in Spring Hill for Chicago thin....other than that, Malnati's ships....... oops sorry, NY style..... not a single one.....

Old 02-16-2019, 04:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If Trump loses in 2020 and the Democrats get in power and they attempt to declare a national emergency for gun control, I think that's it for the good ole' US of A. I can't see the right accepting that or waiting on the courts to take action. The ONLY way to prevent this at this point is bipartisan legislation to reign in the executive branch. Agree or disagree? Did Trump just make civil war inevitable?

LOL!

Wake me when the shooting starts.

Oh, yeah.... and adjust your meds please.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:52 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If Trump loses in 2020 and the Democrats get in power and they attempt to declare a national emergency for gun control, I think that's it for the good ole' US of A. I can't see the right accepting that or waiting on the courts to take action. The ONLY way to prevent this at this point is bipartisan legislation to reign in the executive branch. Agree or disagree? Did Trump just make civil war inevitable?
Remember, it was our Congress that decided to grant these Powers to the President.

Under the Emergency Powers Act, the president can:

- Shut down communications facilities and radio stations
- Freeze Americans' bank accounts
- Seize American citizen's assets.
- Suspend the prohibition on government testing of chemical weapons on human subject
- Suspend the prohibition on government testing of biological agents on human subjects

It's naive to assume that Congress has the power to balance these powers. One a National Emergency is declared, the President has granted himself extra-legal power. Do you really think that Trump won't use these powers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies