Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 10:00 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I'm in favor of free universal childcare, financed by a tax on all families with childcare-aged children.
Probably half those families don't currently pay any income tax, so that wont finance it or at least it wont finance it without them screaming bloody murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 10:28 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Screw that. I want wars waged in Venezuela, a Trump monument, and tax cuts for rich people only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You got it!
Not quite. He promised tax cuts for over 80% of taxpayers, not just for "the rich."

Old 02-25-2019, 05:25 AM

88,981 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You're reaching.....
The parallels are quite obvious to anyone who knows history. The left are current time's anti-Semites. The Nazis were the anti-Semites of the early 20th century.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I didn't even know they were antisemitic slurs. If I have everything, I wouldn't mind a needy one getting things for free. And I wouldn't mind paying for it.
WHY don't you and everyone else who feels that way do so? Fund assistance via voluntary donations to private charitable foundations. Let society vote with their wallets. If society values funding assistance, it will voluntarily do so.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Seriously?

Who even says crap like this?
The anti-Semitic US left-wing. They hate Israel, too.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The anti-Semitic US left-wing. They hate Israel, too.
Agree. The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you this:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Here's an article showing the tie between the hard left and Nazism:

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel

Old 02-25-2019, 06:42 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
The parallels are quite obvious to anyone who knows history. The left are current time's anti-Semites. The Nazis were the anti-Semites of the early 20th century.
Nope, again, anti-Israeli government (which is not the same as being anti-Israel)=/=Anti-Semetism

Old 02-25-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you this:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Here's an article showing the tie between the hard left and Nazism:

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel
What's going on in Burma is not right either. I've acknowledged that, as well as the military dictatorship years in Greece and South Korea. Get over yourself and your paranoia

Old 02-25-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Nope, again, anti-Israeli government (which is not the same as being anti-Israel)=/=Anti-Semetism
Absolutely, it is anti-Semitism. There's no other reason to hate Israel for defending itself from continuous attacks.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Absolutely, it is anti-Semitism. There's no other reason to hate Israel for defending itself from continuous attacks.
No, it isn't. And that means if you believe what you're saying, that you think that Jews who are against what the Israeli government is doing are self haters then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies