Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 06:14 AM

51,697 posts, read 25,989,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Pre-view of Bolton's book out. Not good. Bolton needs to be subpoenaed.

It must be very damaging.

Pompeo quoting scripture and losing his cool when asked a question.

Barr putting out a denial.

Trump losing it and tweeting threats to Schiff.

The white collar criminal in the WH needs to be removed.
Things do seem to be unraveling for Team Trump.

Trump's tweet last night was a doozy.

"I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens. In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination. If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book. With that being said, the transcripts of my calls with President Zelensky are all the proof that is needed, in addition to the fact that President Zelensky & the Foreign Minister of Ukraine said there was no pressure and no problems. Additionally, I met with President Zelensky at the United Nations (Democrats said I never met) and released the military aid to Ukraine without any conditions or investigations – and far ahead of schedule. I also allowed Ukraine to purchase Javelin anti-tank missiles. My Administration has done far more than the previous Administration."

Though it contains several lies -- aid not released far ahead of schedule, transcript not released at all, summary of call definitely did not clear him, ... --- clearly, this was not written by Trump

Old 01-27-2020, 06:56 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,137,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Things do seem to be unraveling for Team Trump.

Trump's tweet last night was a doozy.

"I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens. In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination. If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book. With that being said, the transcripts of my calls with President Zelensky are all the proof that is needed, in addition to the fact that President Zelensky & the Foreign Minister of Ukraine said there was no pressure and no problems. Additionally, I met with President Zelensky at the United Nations (Democrats said I never met) and released the military aid to Ukraine without any conditions or investigations – and far ahead of schedule. I also allowed Ukraine to purchase Javelin anti-tank missiles. My Administration has done far more than the previous Administration."

Though it contains several lies -- aid not released far ahead of schedule, transcript not released at all, summary of call definitely did not clear him, ... --- clearly, this was not written by Trump
Yep. Packed with lies as it is it's still too coherent to have been written by Trump.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:34 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,756,493 times
The Republican Party needs to take a breather and really think if trump is worth losing the Senate over becuase if the Bolton leak is true Republicans are dead in the water regardless of the Impeachment outcome.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The Republican Party needs to take a breather and really think if trump is worth losing the Senate over becuase if the Bolton leak is true Republicans are dead in the water regardless of the Impeachment outcome.
The Senate may be lost in any either case.

It's the Constitution that is at stake now. Are they willing to lose separation of powers, rule of law?

I know that there are those who want to burn the whole system to the ground. But that's being promoted by those who plan to be in charge after that.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:49 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,583,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
It seems that the leak may be from the White House.

Bolton's "manuscript was transmitted to the White House for prepublication review by the [National Security Council]," said Bolton adviser Sarah Tinsley. "The ambassador has not passed the draft manuscript to anyone else. Period." Bolton's lawyer, Charles Cooper, said in a statement "it is clear, regrettably, from The New York Times article published today that the prepublication review process has been corrupted and that information has been disclosed by persons other than those properly involved in reviewing the manuscript."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/boltons-l...060500569.html

Old 01-27-2020, 08:51 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,832,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

Bolton's "manuscript was transmitted to the White House for prepublication review by the [National Security Council]," said Bolton adviser Sarah Tinsley. "The ambassador has not passed the draft manuscript to anyone else. Period." Bolton's lawyer, Charles Cooper, said in a statement "it is clear, regrettably, from The New York Times article published today that the prepublication review process has been corrupted and that information has been disclosed by persons other than those properly involved in reviewing the manuscript."
I suspect Anonymous. https://www.amazon.com/Warning-ebook...PF1/ref=sr_1_1

Old 01-27-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

Wasn't someone just fired from the WH?

Could that have been the person?

Old 01-27-2020, 05:28 PM

16,790 posts, read 8,265,616 times
Quote:
Wasn't someone just fired from the WH?

Could that have been the person?
Correct last Friday.

I guess that Bolton knows what classified Docs are and left them out.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Correct last Friday.

I guess that Bolton knows what classified Docs are and left them out.
"Andrew Peek, a senior director for European and Russian affairs at the National Security Council (NSC), has been placed on administrative leave pending the result of the as-yet unknown investigation,"

"Peek's predecessor, Tim Morrison, testified last November as part of the House's investigation into President Donald Trump's impeachment, which stemmed from a July 2019 phone call between him and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...y-probe-2020-1

Morrison testified. So obviously he's gone.

So many people have come and gone I've lost track.

But whether Peek was the leak remains to be seen.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:29 PM

16,790 posts, read 8,265,616 times
Quote:
"Andrew Peek, a senior director for European and Russian affairs at the National Security Council (NSC), has been placed on administrative leave pending the result of the as-yet unknown investigation,"

"Peek's predecessor, Tim Morrison, testified last November as part of the House's investigation into President Donald Trump's impeachment, which stemmed from a July 2019 phone call between him and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...y-probe-2020-1

Morrison testified. So obviously he's gone.

So many people have come and gone I've lost track.

But whether Peek was the leak remains to be seen.
True, just another interesting moment in Trump history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies