Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:25 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I don't live where any Republicans wear those ridiculous hats, but I would like to ask someone wearing one of those ridiculous hats, "what are you doing to make America great again?" Besides buying a hat from Mr. Trump.
Those ridiculous hats are just as ridiculous as those stupid signs and slogans that show up at all of your Left wing protests. What are they doing to make America great again besides tearing it apart? You see it works both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 12:31 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Had he been living in the 1950s, he wouldn't be saying those things.
News flash!! It's 2019 and the entire country has changed for the better since the 1950s. I don't know if you remembered this but from 2008 to 2016, the United States had a Black President... Shocking news, but time and things have changed in the U.S.

Btw, back in the 50s... And up into the 60s... In several parts of the country, my parents were not allowed to be married. Again, times have changed and we, as a country, are evolving.

Was it bad in the the 1950s? Yes, but the 50s were better for many Black Americans than the 1850s.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:37 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Those ridiculous hats are just as ridiculous as those stupid signs and slogans that show up at all of your Left wing protests.

I agree with this, cannot let a hat trigger you. I know the feeling, I still don't get why people like the confederate flag. But that does not mean I am allowed to be triggered and act like a a.. anytime I see it.

Now I will say my only negative encounter with someone wearing a hat, was with a person wearing a MAGA hat. For some reason a few put that hat on and transform to SuperMAGA Man and spew some of the most ridiculous stuff I have ever heard. Was he a nutcase?, Yes. But he chose that hat because HE believed it represented something more than the words printed on it. I don't know how often this occurs (just once directly but a few indirectly for me) but I live in a purple area so you don't see many of those hats daily.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
One thing I have noticed about many iberal American media outlets=
If you are pro-Trump, you are racist or support a racist. I scarcely see a liberal media outlet pull the card "You are racist and/or support a racist" card towards someone that is pro-Hillary or pro-Bernie.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:08 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
I just see those hats as people wanting attention. It's like wearing spiked red hair.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I agree with this, cannot let a hat trigger you. I know the feeling, I still don't get why people like the confederate flag. But that does not mean I am allowed to be triggered and act like a a.. anytime I see it.

Now I will say my only negative encounter with someone wearing a hat, was with a person wearing a MAGA hat. For some reason a few put that hat on and transform to SuperMAGA Man and spew some of the most ridiculous stuff I have ever heard. Was he a nutcase?, Yes. But he chose that hat because HE believed it represented something more than the words printed on it. I don't know how often this occurs (just once directly but a few indirectly for me) but I live in a purple area so you don't see many of those hats daily.
As much as I despise the Democrats/Liberals and just about everything that they stand for. They have every right to express their opinions just as anyone else. Whether I think any of it's stupid or not? The feelings are mutual that's for sure.

But that does not give anyone the right to physically attack anyone over it. I now live in a pretty RED area in a predominantly RED state, that was my choice and I thank God that I had the opportunity to leave a Blue state for good. But even where I am you do not see too many people wearing MAGA hats. Although there's little risk that they'd be attacked for wearing one. As a matter of fact there are a few Left wing malcontents who on occasion stage their little protests on the town square. But no one really pays any attention to them anyway, most just drive by them and let them have their fun. We've got much better things to do.

About the only negative encounter I've ever had with someone, and it wasn't really an encounter, more of an observation. Was while shopping at our local supermarket there was an individual with a full facial tattoo of a skull sporting a T-Shirt glorifying death and sex along with a swastika tattooed on his forearm. He scared the living hell out of my wife. Even though he wasn't bothering anyone other than drawing a lot of warranted attention to himself. It sure felt good to be armed. I couldn't help but think to myself as to what type of individual would do that to themselves? I haven't seen him since.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I just see those hats as people wanting attention. It's like wearing spiked red hair.
I don't, most people really don't give a sh*t. I've seen people wearing Obama hats and T-Shirts along with "I'm with her" apparel. That's just people expressing their political opinions. I don't find anything offensive about that. Myself? Although I'm politically outspoken I don't wear any political apparel.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:32 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Seems like a happy fella.

I like his attitude. I like how this guy isn't let anyone treat him like a victim.

I think that is the way Dems treat back people. A soft form of bigotry of low expectations as well.

It's appalling in my opinion.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:38 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I don't, most people really don't give a sh*t. I've seen people wearing Obama hats and T-Shirts along with "I'm with her" apparel. That's just people expressing their political opinions. I don't find anything offensive about that. Myself? Although I'm politically outspoken I don't wear any political apparel.

I don't find it offensive but I do strongly believe that many people do it for attention. I think in the beginning people wore it for the reason more as you say. Now, however, I think people know that it's controversial and do it to for attention or to make a statement.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't find it offensive but I do strongly believe that many people do it for attention. I think in the beginning people wore it for the reason more as you say. Now, however, I think people know that it's controversial and do it to for attention or to make a statement.
Nowadays with so many people wearing all types of apparel with all types of slogans. Who really is paying any attention to any of it? I doubt it influences how anyone votes? Not me that's for sure. I'll never vote for a Democrat no matter who they nominate for any public office even if I'm inundated by people wearing clothing that supports them.

But that individual with the facial tattoo of a skull and swastika on his forearm and that T-Shirt, it was hard not to miss him. I think that would get anyone's attention? It was obvious that people in the store were trying to avoid making eye contact with him. We go shopping there every week after awhile you get to know a lot of the people there, the regulars, we always interact with each other. This individual was clearly way out of the ordinary, something was not quite right. So many people now cover themselves head to toe with tattoos, so much to the point that hardly anyone notices or cares anymore. It's a fad. But I don't think you'll find too many desecrating their faces that way especially making their face look like a skull. Can you imagine going on a job interview looking like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies