Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Trump’s Medicare cuts
Yes 16 16.67%
No 75 78.13%
Don’t know 5 5.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

As usual, Trump is negotiating, but the brainwashed don't understand that concept, nor business, finance, and economics. The tax RATE cuts have stimulated the economy which will ultimately generate more tax REVENUE.

Again, we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. Corporate tax cuts generate expansion, JOBS, and economic growth and more tax revenue. Ultimately all taxes are passed onto the consumer, but again Democrats aren't smart enough to admit that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and he is spending more on defense which means more money for people in other countries.

You guys can’t bring yourselves to admit this guy is a con man who lied to you.

Lmao.

Jobs
Economic Growth
Low energy prices
Low unemployment
Border Security
Strong national defense

All things Trump promised, and delivered in TWO YEARS. Get a clue Democrats.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:28 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Jobs
Economic Growth
Low energy prices
Low unemployment
Border Security
Strong national defense

All things Trump promised, and delivered in TWO YEARS. Get a clue Democrats.
Remind me again, which of these things has changed since Obama's first few years in office?

Old 03-13-2019, 06:49 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
To give more tax cuts to the rich...

Americans who support this douche need their heads examined so they should care about healthcare.
Can you point out what benefits are to be cut?

Old 03-13-2019, 06:51 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Medicare and Medicaid this time, social security next time. All in the name of building the wall? Why would anyone want Trumps budget to pass?

Old 03-13-2019, 07:31 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:

Americans who support this douche need their heads examined so they should care about healthcare.
I don’t need Medicare so does that make me a douche?

Old 03-13-2019, 07:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:

As I understand it, there are no cuts to benefits.

It’s all about the systems used to pay for acute care and reimbursements, no?

Proposed budgets are the starting point and are never approved as proposed, if approved. It’s all about appropriations.

Trump campaigned on quickly balancing the Federal budget. Obviously that’s not happening.

Projections are at odds with many private forecasters as they are with every proposed budget, no matter the administration.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-13-2019 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-13-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Remind me again, which of these things has changed since Obama's first few years in office?
The unemployment rate is much lower even for Blacks and Hispanics. Historically low.
Energy prices are much lower including gasoline which helps working people the most.
Trump is at least attempting to secure the border
Trump is deescalating our involvement in foreign wars.
GDP growth is UP over Obama's tepid growth.
The economy is doing much better under Trump.
Stock market better.
Housing market better.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:47 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times
From a Vox Article
Quote:
Here’s what’s actually happening: This budget proposes finding $845 billion in savings over 10 years from Medicare as we know it. But $269 billion of that figure is reclassified under the Department of Health and Human Services, bringing the Medicare cuts to $575 billion. As Vox explained, the administration says it will achieve these cost reductions by targeting wasteful spending and provider payments and lowering prescription drug costs.
I am a person turning 65 this year and I agree wholeheartedly with the theory.I remember when my mother-in-law was in the hospital in her last year the doctor would practically just stick his head in the door and bill medicare. In his one hour visit to the hospital I bet 15 patients were billed to medicare. So I suspect there is a lot of waste and abuse in the Medicare program. Will they be able to do these savings. Who knows, I have my doubts.

No where is there any plan to cut benefits.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:

Here we go..... granny is going to get thrown into the streets, people are going to die, blah blah blah

Medicare, Social Security, and everything else that this out of control government gets control of, could use some belt tightening.

Not saying you are wrong about the tax cuts however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies