Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Show us the red state parents in the indictment.
This investigation was started in and baed in California. It was sparked from another investigation.

Who knows maybe they are investigating in other states.

I suspect there were investigating that guy in Sacramento for something else and this popped up -- or they were investigating the charitable donation claim of one of those on the list and something seemed out of place.

Florida's a red state right -- so it would be like implying Republicans are more inclined to seek out illegal sex deals with human traffickers because of the investigation that found Kraft guilty was in a red state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 10:02 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Ahhh... There it is!! I was waiting for this weak sauce.

This isn't any more reflective on the views of all Democrats than a similar scheme would be in Kansas of all Republicans (and by the way, California isn't a monolith...There are Republicans there, in fact a few implicated in this scheme).

The fact that you think a set of couple dozen corrupt and cheating families represent millions of people tells me a lot about the way you think. You see what you want to see, and you're nuance and details aren't very important.
Why would the dragnet snare yield only blue state (both coasts) parents? Ask yourself that question and think about the answer very carefully.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:02 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
I saw how it worked. Blue state parents committed felonies to advantage their children. Red states are not represented in the indicted parents list.
It is not surprising that this scheme had a heavy set of self-selection bias that lead to a large amount of socioeconomic and geographic clustering. It was definitely a "who you know" thing, and the guy was located in Sacramento.

I also fail to understand how the color of the state matters. These people could have been Republican (and apparently there were some) - CA has Republicans in it.

And if you want to play this geography game, like it means anything, there were corrupt people in other states, such as Texas. Don't you find it odd that Texas was implicated?????. Don't you!?!?

No, it means nothing, and doesn't reflect on other people in the state. This should be obvious, though

Old 03-13-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Why would the dragnet snare yield only blue state (both coasts) parents? Ask yourself that question and think about the answer very carefully.
I think you need to think about it carefully because you don't seem to have really thought about it...

See my other post if you're still unsure after having thought about it some more.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I think you need to think about it carefully because you don't seem to have really thought about it...
Actually, I have. Parents in blue states on both coasts have been indicted under this investigation. No offenders in red states.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Your nativity is cute but don’t be so dense. You saw the list of offenders like everyone else and these are elite liberals bribing their kids into prestigious liberal schools so they can perpetuate the educational and oppurtunity inequality in America that got these schools sued by Asian Americans to begin with.
And you clearly didn’t see it, or if you did, are choosing to ignore all of those who contributed to the GOP.

For whatever reason, you want all of the perpetrators to be “elite liberals.”
Like some others, you will ignore all evidence to the contrary in order to maintain your world-view.

It’s sad really that some are so blinded that they cannot see that this sort of privilege is only interested in maintaining same, by whatever means, and via influencing whomever, necessary.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Actually, I have. Parents in blue states on both coasts have been indicted under this investigation. No offenders in red states.
Lol........................ It's like talking to a robotic wall! Or maybe an NPC??

Listen, if you're really serious about this ridiculous thesis of yours, please explain this:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/polit...b0fbd7661ed2fb

Quote:
The contributions included:

At least $135,525 to the Democratic National Committee

At least $131,800 to committees benefiting or controlled by then-presidential candidate and current U.S. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah)

At least $73,600 to the Republican National Committee

At least $30,000 to committees benefiting Gavin Newsom

At least $25,000 to the Kamala Harris Senate Committee and the committee for her California attorney general candidacy

At least $16,900 to committees benefiting or controlled by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.)

$8,350 to the National Republican Campaign Committee

$8,350 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/co...s-connections/
Quote:
Four people are facing federal charges in Texas.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Lol........................
If you doubt it, read the document and name the red state parents listed in the indictment.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:13 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
I’m sure this has already come up, but I’ll also ask what the state has to do with this. There are are Republican voters and donors living in blue states and vice versa.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
That's where the indicted parents live. Red states should have also been represented if this were actually a bipartisan problem.
Please.

You and I both know that you are not so naive to believe that there are no Republicans living in blue states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies