Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 11:23 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This goes hand in hand with Colleges starting to offer segregated Black only dorms, athletic workout rooms, social events and graduations.

From the interviews I've seen, AA's in particular think it's all a bad idea. It apparently is more of an idea of white Liberal Progressives to attract Blacks to their schools and also to make up for much of their white guilt.

Democrats back to their old segregation ways. Next they'll sell the fact they need Black only drinking fountains, restrooms and lunch counters as a positive.
Yes, it's obviously democrats/liberals entirely behind it. It's a lie to try to say otherwise.

If they want it, I say let them have it. But there mustn't be any protest whatsoever if/when whites want a whites-only school.

No more double standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 11:42 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times
Liberals are okay with black racism and self segregation. Remember that event in Savannah where the point of the event was to unite the city's black voters to vote for a single black candidate? I live outside Baton Rouge and the black residents of the city are obsessed about how many blacks (all Democrats) are ok the regional Metro Council vs whites and tried to take advantage of a white council member's death in an accident to get the Democrat governor to appoint a black Democrat. Race is ALWAYS on the mind of Democrats especially black Democrats.

Imagine if there was an event in Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Miami or San Antonio to unite the minority white voters behind a single white Republican candidate???? And btw white people hardly have a voice in majority black or Hispanic cities. Remember when former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin wanted a "chocolate city"? What if a white mayor in a mostly white area wanted a "vanilla town"????

Old 04-04-2019, 11:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Yes, it's obviously democrats/liberals entirely behind it. It's a lie to try to say otherwise.

If they want it, I say let them have it. But there mustn't be any protest whatsoever if/when whites want a whites-only school.

No more double standards.

If you want to understand if something is a double standard....take time out of the analysis. Every action produces an equal and opposite reaction. Say you hung a picture on the wall. It took energy to lift up the picture and hang it on the wall. The energy you used to hang the picture is now conserved by the hook. Had you just lifted up the picture and dropped it, you would see the real time action/reaction. The equal and opposite reaction of lifting something up results in that something falling down.....eventually. Years later, after hanging up the picture, the picture may just fall down one day as you are walking by. You might then think "wow. The picture just fell down on its own...no one did anything to make it fall". Wrong!. The picture fell down because someone hung it up.....years ago.

When there are gaps of time between the action/reaction phenomenon, such can distort our understanding of causation and explanation. If you just hold up a picture and then let it go, it becomes clear that the picture falling is a reaction to the picture being elevated off the ground. When the energy and reaction is conserved, over time, then when the reaction manifest it appears unrelated to the action that is the corollary reaction to. The same thing holds true for these so called "double standards" concerning race.

The equal and opposite reaction of white favoritism......is black favoritism. Whites resenting blacks results in blacks resenting whites. No, our minds are not of the physical realm where the laws of physics apply fully, but are minds are governed by energy and thoughts result into physical acts that result in equal and opposite thoughts as a reaction. We can override or redirect the reaction, as thinking beings, but there is ALWAYS a reactive thought. Hence, there is no double standard in regards to blacks being allowed blacks schools....because whites were allowed white schools for centuries. Its the "conserved" equal and opposite reaction to what whites were allowed.

Again, for the umpteenth time, you cannot turn an inequality into a equality without "double standards", meaning without allowing one side to be treated differently than the other side. Being against double standards, in the face of inequality, means being for inequality because the inequality will be preserved without the application of double standards. What created the inequality in the first place, was allowing whites to do things blacks could not. Now the equalizing reaction is to allow blacks to do things that whites cannot. Take emotions and law out of this and it makes perfect sense.

You have a broken leg and a well leg. Can the legs ever become equal if you treat both the same? "Well...the laws says that there can be no left right limb discrimination". Ergo, you can't target one leg for special treatment, because that is a double standard. Most of you are being governed by your emotions and by law.....neither of which are necessarily moral.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-04-2019 at 12:08 PM..

Old 04-04-2019, 11:55 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
From what I remember, you don't have any kids. I think that if you had the choice between a integrated, low income, poorly performing school and a high quality 98% black charter school, if you are a responsible black parent, you'd pick the charter school.

Integration was advocated for in the past for very different reasons than what this article is about and many black people today recognize the fact that integration was not all that great for us in the long run in regards to schools because the caring black teachers/administrators were often replaced by white racist teachers/administrators who did/do not look out for our children's best interest based on their racist ideological beliefs (both conscious and unconscious). When you become a parent of black children and if you are conscious (i.e. woke) about what goes on in the public education system in regards to biases against black children - many of which have been exhibited in this thread, then you start to realize that oftentimes black schools are better for black children. Mostly because they will not be subject to racial bias regarding their cognitive abilities or stereotyped as being "bad" or a behavior problem just because they are black. I'll note both my kids go to integrated schools but both are at least 40% black. I wouldn't send my kid to a school that was less than 10% black and I honestly have no problem with white parents choosing not to send their kids to a school either that is less than 10% white for similar reasons as I stated above - those children have a high potential to be treated poorly due to them being a minority and having negative stereotypes placed upon them.
Its not only racists white teachers and administrators. Its also with black administrators who just come to work to collect a check, and incompetent black teachers that fail to assist black kids in school. Having a black teacher raise funds for all black kids to see Black Panther movie is not going to help a black child succeed in school academically. As for black schools. Did you ever read about Doctor Umar Johnson. he bought a warehouse in Philadelphia and tends to open up an all black school.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:05 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If you want to understand if something is a double standard....take time out of the analysis. Every action produces an equal and opposite reaction. Say you hung a picture on the wall. It took energy to lift up the picture and hang it on the wall. The energy you used to hang the picture is now conserved by the hook. Had you just lifted up the picture and dropped it, you would see the real time action/reaction. The equal and opposite reaction of lifting something up results in that something falling down.....eventually. Years later, after hanging up the picture, the picture may just fall down one day as you are walking by. You might then think "wow. The picture just fell down on its own...no one did anything to make it fall". Wrong!. The picture fell down because someone hung it up.....years ago.

When there are gaps of time between the action/reaction phenomenon, such can distort our understanding of causation and explanation. If you just hold up a picture and then let it go, it becomes clear that the picture falling is a reaction to the picture being elevated off the ground. When the energy and reaction is conserved, over time, then when the reaction manifest it appears unrelated to the action that is the corollary reaction to. The same thing holds true for these so called "double standards" concerning race.

The equal and opposite reaction of white favoritism......is black favoritism. Whites resenting blacks results in blacks resenting whites. No, our minds are not of the physical realm where the laws of physics apply fully, but are minds are governed by energy and thoughts result into physical acts that result in equal and opposite thoughts as a reaction. We can override or redirect the reaction, as thinking beings, but there is ALWAYS a reactive thought. Hence, there is no double standard in regards to blacks being allowed blacks schools....because whites were allowed white schools for centuries. Its the "conserved" equal and opposite reaction to what whites were allowed.

Again, for the umpteenth time, you cannot turn an inequality into a equality without "double standards", meaning without allowing one side to be treated differently than the other side. Being against double standards, in the face of inequality, means being for inequality because the inequality will be preserved without the application of double standards. What created the inequality in the first place, was allowing whites to do things blacks could not. Now the equalizing reaction is to allow blacks to do things that whites cannot. Take emotions and law out of this and it makes perfect sense.

You have a broken leg and a well leg. Can the legs ever become equal if you treat both the same?

To inform you, not all areas have the history of segregation/slavery/racism hanging over them.

In Minnesota here, this state was far better off 40 years ago than it is now. The crime in the Cities has become endemic, and the schools are not good.

None of this was a problem until liberals got control of the situation.

Is it at all concerning to you that formerly majority-white areas were perfectly fine (more or less) until "diversity" was forced in those areas? Crime was minuscule, the Cities were fine. It wasn't until democrat policies and government-forced policies that the Cities became hellholes.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:13 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
To inform you, not all areas have the history of segregation/slavery/racism hanging over them.

In Minnesota here, this state was far better off 40 years ago than it is now. The crime in the Cities has become endemic, and the schools are not good.

None of this was a problem until liberals got control of the situation.

Is it at all concerning to you that formerly majority-white areas were perfectly fine (more or less) until "diversity" was forced in those areas? Crime was minuscule, the Cities were fine. It wasn't until democrat policies and government-forced policies that the Cities became hellholes.

I don't give a flying F about democrat vs republican or liberal vs conservative. I am talking about actions begetting reactions as it relates to humans. If you bring in the descendants of Americans enslaved....you are going to bring in the pent up/conserved issues and reactions born from that history. This condition is not going to be nullified until they are allowed to be treated in an equal and opposite way to which these people were treated for centuries.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:17 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know I don't have any kids. I'm just saying I don't support segregation. Now, if a school is very good, I don't care what the demographics are.

Integration wasn't the panacea for Black people. That said, segregation, whether legally enforced or defacto certainly didn't do Black Americans any favors. I'm not a parent. However, I'm starting to consider that the public school system isn't that great. If I had a kid, I would seek out a private school, or if possible, home school. I understand that if I had a kid, said kid might deal with bias from the teachers. I also understand that alot of public schools, regardless of demographics, could have this problem. Some teachers go to predominantly Black schools and expect the kids to do nothing, and treat them as such.

I did go to a school that was less than 10% Black, during the 6th and 7th grade. My biggest battles were not with the teachers. They expected alot from me. If I wasn't performing the way I should, my parents got called (especially my father). I didn't have to worry about my teachers expecting me to perform poorly. My biggest battles were with other kids. I had to deal with alot of bullies. In my case, it wasn't being thought of as "dumb" or "lazy" that was the issue. Rather, it was "he's the smart kid" or "he's that nerdy kid". Being the kid that knew alot of the answers, who liked reading/being smart actually made me a target for some bullies. Being Black played a factor in some cases.

I also found out years later that my former principal resigned due to some racial bias in discipline. Black kids were getting disciplined harsher for the same offenses as White kids.
I agree here in the bolded areas. The teachers with me was fair. My biggest problems in school from k-12 was students and not to teachers. I went to a hybrid black/Hispanic/ and small number of poor white kids. Junior High school was mostly Hispanic, and high school was mainly black American and black Caribbean. The students used to be the problem regardless of race thanks to poor parenting at home. A child success in school starts at the home. All of those black kids that I used to go to elementary school with were not raised properly and such poor upbringing brought such kids into the prison system as soon as they become adults. Kids can do well in dysfunctional schools, but its not the teachers, its really the students who make the educational environment worrisome. Teachers and administrators are the problem too. Any parent that has kids might want to do research on schools before they send their kids to such a place.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:37 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Two things:

1- My parents generation and the one right after it endured great hardships to desegregate schools. This is a slap in their faces.

2- I am a bit concerned about the religious segregation going on in those two schools. It isn’t just about race, although that is not what the lawsuit is about, but there have been accusations that Muslim children are prioritized. Hopefully, this can be stopped in its tracks before we start having areas of Muslim isolation and self rule like have been popping up in many larger European cities. I would be no happier if this were any other religion.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:10 PM

2,828 posts, read 826,131 times
Quote:
Makes total sense to me. I will state it again. One CANNOT turn an inequality into an equality without "double standards" or, in other words, allowing one side to be treated differently from the other side. This is not rocket science. There was another post about STEM aptitude and reasoning and everyone who engaged in that experiment said that they got most of the answers right. Well, this is simple logic. How do you turn an inequality into an equality without allowing for different treatment of one side? You CAN'T.

In essence, current laws created to defend blacks against racial discrimination, that was knocking blacks down, are now being used in a sort of jujitsu manner to make it hard for blacks to pick themselves up. Blacks cannot try to help blacks, now, to undo the damage from past discrimination, because doing so would be....racial discrimination. It's like you build a fortress to protect yourself from attack from the outside.....but then you become trapped inside by the same fortress.

No one is serious about solving racial inequality if they do not recognize and accept the logic that an inequality cannot be turned into an equality without allowing for one side to be treated differently than the other. However, aside from the veracity of the logic, if it were allowed to happen it would create such an emotional backlash, from whites, that any benefit gained from the logic will be offset by increased racial discrimination against blacks. Why would whites, given their intelligence, be against something that is logical if they were not racist...and hence, emotional?
I don't buy your reasoning all.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:18 PM

2,828 posts, read 826,131 times
Quote:
I am not supporting black people because they are black. I am supporting the aim of economic racial equality through means of education and other. Black are in a position of egregious socioeconomic inequality. Again, one CANNOT make an inequality into an equality without allowing one side to be treated differently than the other. In truth, it is the equal and opposite reaction of what whites did for centuries, thus creating the racial socioeconomic inequality in the first place. Now you want to justify whites doing that all over again....thus preserving the gains you made from it relative to blacks.

If you want to be able to do what black people can do, then have your poverty rate be 3 times the rate that it is for blacks then I would have no problem making provisions for whites to "catch up".
How about a level playing field for all, if you can't keep up then you get special attention. Why give blacks special treatment unless they need it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies