Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times

Advertisements

Bank of America has aggressive sales goals perhaps they have to pay that to recruit and keep employees. Most of these large American companies treat there employees like crap this is just a publicity stunt to make them look good to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 AM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Should be called "starting wage" instead of "minimum wage."

Old 04-09-2019, 10:58 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Im trying to be upset....

trying

trying.

Nope not upset. Voluntary by BOA.

Reminds me of Rush having a hissy over that Seattle web company that made its minimum 70K.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:05 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Im trying to be upset....

trying

trying.

Nope not upset. Voluntary by BOA.

Reminds me of Rush having a hissy over that Seattle web company that made its minimum 70K.
BOA is pure evil for being a criminal organization.

But yeah, overlook that and it's all sunshine & puppies.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:06 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Your son was a money launderer for a criminal organization?

Yeah, I'd boast about that too.
1. It was PNC bank
2. It was a 6 months drive alone out in the drive-in window.
3. It was air-conditioned.

Heck, you are on the "criminal org" internet using Commie Chinese murderer equipment, right?

No, I'm certain that in your mind it is somehow reconciled...

Old 04-09-2019, 11:08 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
we know one guy who won't get laid off.

BofA CEO's pay 15% to $26.5 million after RECORD PROFIT last year

BofA boosts Moynihan's pay to record $26.5 million. Bank of America awarded Chief Executive Officer Brian Moynihan a record $26.5 million for 2018, a 15% increase from a year earlier. Moynihan, 59, received $25 million in stock grants and a $1.5 million salary, the bank said in a filing Friday.

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/08/bofa-...18-profit.html

Old 04-09-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Bank of America has aggressive sales goals perhaps they have to pay that to recruit and keep employees. Most of these large American companies treat there employees like crap this is just a publicity stunt to make them look good to the public.
This may be true or not...but the fact is that many banks and other orgs have come along for the ride and are quickly increasing wages.......

Now, knowing "free market conservatives" they would figure out and tell us why every org doing so (like Costco) are "criminal orgs", but that is too weak of a point to even debate.

If I had to use such "counter-points", I think I'd stay off political forums.....

Let's see - "All churches are criminal.....and every person associated with them" True or False?
"Anyone who uses Chinese equipment on the internet supports communism?" True or False?

And on and on....

Luckily, the facts still exist. AND, the responses from the MAGA crowd show how quickly they turn on a dime when Good News is presented.

It also illustrates why so many support illegal labor in places like Texas and Florida...keeps those wages down...

Old 04-09-2019, 11:13 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,575 times
BOA loser CEO was on tv this morning touting his imbecilic new program to put unqualified people in to houses once again. Using every depositor’s money to fund closing costs and down payments. He also expressed concern that people’s credit scores are going DOWN because they aren’t paying debt, but, hey, everyone deserves a mortgage.
Maxine Waters and co. are putting pressure on banks for higher wages and creative financing. We’ll see how that turns out.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
we know one guy who won't get laid off.

BofA CEO's pay 15% to $26.5 million after RECORD PROFIT last year

BofA boosts Moynihan's pay to record $26.5 million. Bank of America awarded Chief Executive Officer Brian Moynihan a record $26.5 million for 2018, a 15% increase from a year earlier. Moynihan, 59, received $25 million in stock grants and a $1.5 million salary, the bank said in a filing Friday.

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/08/bofa-...18-profit.html
Win Win is what real business people like myself call that.

I can promise that the sum total of the additional money given to employees will make that seem tiny.....a quick calc just for fun...

210,000 Employees at BOA.....

Say that 100K of them are lower level (probably more!) and that they get a $5 per hour average increase over a couple years.

That's 10K per year each - or ONE BILLION DOLLARS. Being as even the salary given above is not excessive at all for a corporate head, I rate your Statement "Misleading"...

Now - if you want to talk excess money - we can discuss health care and the CEO with the 800 Million dollar retirement fund. That money is paid by you and I as excess costs.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:15 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1. It was PNC bank
2. It was a 6 months drive alone out in the drive-in window.
3. It was air-conditioned.

Heck, you are on the "criminal org" internet using Commie Chinese murderer equipment, right?

No, I'm certain that in your mind it is somehow reconciled...
Relax. We all have our crosses to bear.

I throw stones and take them as well.

To the crux of the matter...

You can pay people X,Y,Z and none of it matters if the employer is part of the apparatus that restricts/controls currencies.

It's like a coal outfit in a company town circa 1905 giving their employees a big raise.

Great!

But then you realize that you can only use their currency in their stores in town and they set the prices.

At the very least those folks didn't have to work in the factories. I have to use U.S. currency or face a cage. I'm in BOA's company town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies