Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 04:17 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

https://ktla.com/2019/04/20/washingt...nt-of-the-day/

I wouldn't say they play cards a considerable amount of the day, but having been in a few hospitals many of them do seem to just sit around and talk while ignoring their patients.

Many older nurses seem to be true professionals at their craft, but I would venture to guess many millennial nurses just get into it for the big money.

https://nurse.org/articles/make-over...-travel-nurse/

When people hear about $19,000 paychecks for two weeks work, many who otherwise would not get into nurses end up becoming nurses just for the money and it seems as though they can treat patients horribly in many cases and not have to worry about it.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 04-20-2019 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 04:19 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://ktla.com/2019/04/20/washingt...nt-of-the-day/

I wouldn't say they play cards a considerable amount of the day, but having been in a few hospitals many of them do seem to just sit around and talk while ignoring their patients.

Many older nurses seem to be true professionals at their craft, but I would venture to guess many millennial nurses just get into it for the big money.
I want to go out like my grandpa did. Don’t see a doctor your whole life and then for the first time ever go to the doctor with an ailment and die a week later at home at 90 years old.

I’ve made it almost 58 years following his program and so far so good.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
I agree with love crowds
Ethics lacking

Old 04-20-2019, 04:21 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I want to go out like my grandpa did. Don’t see a doctor your whole life and then for the first time ever go to the doctor with an ailment and die a week later at home at 90 years old.

Me too - quietly in my sleep.....not screaming like the passengers in his car when he went to sleep.......

Old 04-20-2019, 04:22 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

That is becoming less and less common.

In the future, more and more Americans will have chronic conditions for decades and decades and decades.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:24 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I have been in the hospital for almost a year total since November, 2014 and I have to say that 9.10s of the nurses are great. The nurses know what is going on more than the doctors. Young, old, it doesn't matter. Most of them are great. And you'll know pretty quick when you get the 10 percenter. Nurses are under a lot of pressure and it is a tough job. Good bless them!

Old 04-20-2019, 04:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

I would venture to guess many millennial nurses just get into it for the big money.
Why would you guess that? You can't possibly know.

The senator's comment was stupid and unnecessary to make her point. All it could do was **** off nurses. She's already a meme, and it's gonna get worse.

People who want to criticize jobs like public safety or nursing should try it for a few days before making ignorant assumptions.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:25 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Walsh had also introduced an amendment to the bill that would prohibit nurses from working more than eight hours.
many nurses would like the overtime or work 3/12's, 4/10's instead of 5/8's, who is this busybody to prohibit them?
Walsh is another loudmouth busybody control freak politician

Old 04-20-2019, 04:34 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
My mother has been in and out of the hospital numerous times in the last year, and for the most part her nurses have been great. There were one or two here or there who were subpar, but overall they work hard, often with many patients under their care on every shift. It's not an easy job by any means.

This Senator is an idiot. She has mostly likely never worked as hard a day in her life as a typical nurse does every day she--and increasingly, he**--is on the job.

**Interestingly, she's also been on home health care for about four months now and three of her six nurses have been men. It's not a woman's profession any longer.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:41 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
My mother has been in and out of the hospital numerous times in the last year, and for the most part her nurses have been great. There were one or two here or there who were subpar, but overall they work hard, often with many patients under their care on every shift. It's not an easy job by any means.

This Senator is an idiot. She has mostly likely never worked as hard a day in her life as a typical nurse does every day she--and increasingly, he**--is on the job.

**Interestingly, she's also been on home health care for about four months now and three of her six nurses have been men. It's not a woman's profession any longer.
My partner is a nurse and she busts her tail. This senator has managed to outrage an entire proffession with her ignorant comments.
Maybe someone should follow Walsh around all day and report back how productive she is.
Best wishes on your mothers recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies