Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 04:54 PM

4,929 posts, read 2,073,199 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but I can tell that many here who feel sorry for this terrorist have never served in our Armed Forces and if by some small chance one or two have, they never served in combat.

We place our Soldiers in some of the worst case scenarios and as a leader in a combat unit, when YOU lose your men and women to an enemy combatant, things are very different. Yes, there are rules of engagement, but our soldiers are not the police... There job is to kill the enemy and break things.

I know many on the Left will never realize this, but there are truly evil people on this planet. No matter how much you want to hug them and tell them how much you love them, they will still cut your throat in a heartbeat and laugh at you as your life is leaving your body.

If people on the Left think you can do a better job in a combat situation, please enlist into a Combat Arms position, deploy into a War Zone and show the rest of us how effective hugs and kisses are... I would like to see this!!

And, yes, I'm glad that this Soldier was pardon by the POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 05:24 PM

57,408 posts, read 26,310,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
How dare you telling me I keep twisting the truth? Do you know what truth is? Truth is highly subjective, especially in the battle field. Law is all about what can one prove. Ask any lawyers.

Get over it already. He is pardoned and he will get on with his life. Like it or not. I know you will lose sleep over it. That is too damned bad.
You said he killed a bomb maker, that is a lie.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:26 PM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You said he killed a bomb maker, that is a lie.
That is not a lie to me. The guy he killed was a bomb killer, nobody could prove it, that is all there is. Like I said, truth is highly subjective and law is all about what one can prove.

I don't lie about this kind of things. So you need to stop insulting me. Or simply stop quoting me as I suggested many pages ago.

I did miss the part that you were there and you saw the whole thing though. That is something i missed. I missed the part that you knew the soldier too. You must have witnessed everything, you must have been in his head too.

You call him a COLD BLOODED murderer, I think that is a lie. So there. Murderer, yes, I can buy it. Cold blooded? nah, I think it is premature to judge him this way.

You need to get over it. Nothing changed the fact that he is now a free man. Calling me names does not change anything. Maybe you can find some peace, so try yoga.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Sorry, but I can tell that many here who feel sorry for this terrorist have never served in our Armed Forces and if by some small chance one or two have, they never served in combat.

We place our Soldiers in some of the worst case scenarios and as a leader in a combat unit, when YOU lose your men and women to an enemy combatant, things are very different. Yes, there are rules of engagement, but our soldiers are not the police... There job is to kill the enemy and break things.

I know many on the Left will never realize this, but there are truly evil people on this planet. No matter how much you want to hug them and tell them how much you love them, they will still cut your throat in a heartbeat and laugh at you as your life is leaving your body.

If people on the Left think you can do a better job in a combat situation, please enlist into a Combat Arms position, deploy into a War Zone and show the rest of us how effective hugs and kisses are... I would like to see this!!

And, yes, I'm glad that this Soldier was pardon by the POTUS.
I served in the infantry in Vietnam, its not question of feeling sorry its a question of morality. You don't premeditate the murder of unarmed people because you "think" they are guilty. Killing of unarmed people isn't a left-right issue, when we start giving people like this a pass we are no worse than a terrorist.

No one cared about him until Trump pardoned him, now he is viewed as a hero by some to rationalize Trumps action, sad day.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
That is not a lie to me. The guy he killed was a bomb killer, nobody could prove it, that is all there is. Like I said, truth is highly subjective and law is all about what one can prove.

I don't lie about this kind of things. So you need to stop insulting me. Or simply stop quoting me as I suggested many pages ago.

I did miss the part that you were there and you saw the whole thing though. That is something i missed. I missed the part that you knew the soldier too. You must have witnessed everything, you must have been in his head too.

You call him a COLD BLOODED murderer, I think that is a lie. So there.
He wasn't a bomb maker and if he was he would have been incarcerated.

Yes you missed the trial and the details of what actually took place.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
He wasn't a bomb maker and if he was he would have been incarcerated.

Yes you missed the trial and the details of what actually took place.
Two things:

a. Behenna seized on a new intelligence report revealing the identity of an al-Qaeda operative who possibly helped orchestrate the explosion: Ali Mansur. Mansur was found at his house with several weapons, including an illegal machine gun and an Iraqi passport indicating that he’d made two trips to Syria, “a known training ground for terrorists,” according to Behenna’s pardon application.

b. U.S. forces took Mansur into custody in 2008 shortly after a roadside bomb struck a convoy traveling north of Baghdad, killing two of Behenna’s friends and platoon members. An intelligence report linked Mansur to the attack, but he was later freed when the military couldn’t find conclusive evidence of his involvement, according to Behenna’s pardon application.

U.S. forced released him simply because they could not find CONCLUSIVE evidence of his involvement, so they released him.

Like I posted many pages ago, when i judge a soldier, I took several things into consideration.

1. Did he have a criminal record prior to his military service
2. How many years he has served? Does he have a reputation of being trigger happy.
3. What is his behavior pattern?

I will consider all the above before making a judgment call.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I served in the infantry in Vietnam, its not question of feeling sorry its a question of morality. You don't premeditate the murder of unarmed people because you "think" they are guilty. Killing of unarmed people isn't a left-right issue, when we start giving people like this a pass we are no worse than a terrorist.

No one cared about him until Trump pardoned him, now he is viewed as a hero by some to rationalize Trumps action, sad day.
I agree with your first paragraph, it is not a left-right issue.

It definitely is not about Trump either. Sad day indeed. Keep on telling yourself these lies.

Nobody has said he was innocent. I even said his sin is that he took "law" into his own hands and he disobeyed an order, which is a big no no as a soldier. But enough is enough. he served five years his life is ruined. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. You need to get over it. But no, you have to make it about Trump. Sad day indeed.

He did what he thought was right at the time; he could have saved a lot of soldiers and Marines. Consider he did what he did in the war zone, some of us believe he deserved a second chance after serving five years as a model prisoner in the military prison. Why do you must condemn him? This makes zero sense. Nobody has even said his behavior should be encouraged. But he might have saved a lot of Marines and soldiers, have you thought about that?

Plus, what he did is not the same as My Lai Massacre. Plus, the Viet cong worn field gear, the terrorists don't have uniforms. These two wars are very different. We don't need to compare apples to oranges here.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-08-2019 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-08-2019, 06:49 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,412,571 times
I can't help but notice the wording of this thread, as well.

"Trump pardons soldier suspected of killing Taliban bomb maker".

Wrong, he is a convicted murderer, hence the need for a pardon. Also, the victim was a "suspected" bomb maker. Subtle but profound change in the narrative, there.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:56 PM

All b.s. aside, don't you want this guy to move on with his life?

Seriously, guys, enough is enough.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:58 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,412,571 times
Quote:
All b.s. aside, don't you want this guy to move on with his life?

Seriously, guys, enough is enough.
Who's preventing this guy from "moving on with his life"? Surely not some anonymous folks on an irrelevant internet forum about politics.

And again, this thread isn't about the convicted soldier - it's about Trump's decision to pardon him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies