Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2019, 12:44 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don't understand why releasing the Mueller Report or having McGahn or Mueller testify would affect Barr's decision with respect to the origins of the investigation. One has nothing to do with the other.

Personally, I have my doubts they would unearth any wrongdoing, but frankly if there is a legitimate, non-partisan reason for an investigation and it was thereafter conducted in a non-partisan manner, I would be fine with releasing whatever it uncovered as well. Sunlight disinfects equally well on both sides of the aisle.
Because the Mueller report is done, it’s a finished product with a conclusion of no collusion. This is just trying to drag out something that has gone on for over 2 years. McGahn spoke to Mueller for 30 hours, Trump is fully within his rights to invoke executive privilege like presidents before him. Mueller is free to testify, I look forward to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 12:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
D, Jayapal makes use of her time attacking the Trump admin.

That seems to be the overall reason for proceeding today. They seem to be trying to make a case that anytime the GOP is in the oval office they must stand aside and let democrats govern in the GOP Presidents place. Nothing else will satisfy.
The entire point of this hearing today is to begin the Pseudo-Impeachment of President Trump.
They don't dare actually begin a real Impeachment -- they know that is a Suicide Path

So -- the Pseudo-Impeachment is to convince their Leftist (and clueless) Radical base that they are doing something. A Contempt of Congress vote in Committee, that is supposed to go the full House for a Vote -- brought forward by the intrepid SanFranNan.

A vote of Contempt of Congress because the United States Attorney General refused to break US LAW.
Nadler admitted today that what they really want (knowing that Barr can't/won't break US LAW - is for Barr to JOIN with a Nadler and take a case to Court asking permission to release the Grand Jury Testimony ..... shows that Nadler and all the Democrats are fully aware that Barr can't give them testimony that the LAW forbids.

Why does Nadler want Barr to the the person who goes to the Court?
Simple -- he KNOWS that the Court would deny Congress, just as they did several weeks ago on another case. This is a Pseudo-Impeachment that will FAIL in a spectacular way -- they must be very, very desperate about something -- likely to be the current investigations by DOJ/FBI/OIG into the origins and leaks of the Russian-Collusion-Delusion.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:49 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Because the Mueller report is done, it’s a finished product with a conclusion of no collusion. This is just trying to drag out something that has gone on for over 2 years. McGahn spoke to Mueller for 30 hours, Trump is fully within his rights to invoke executive privilege like presidents before him. Mueller is free to testify, I look forward to that.
What does any of what you wrote have to do with the point that the unredacted report and testimony from McGahn or Mueller has nothing to do with any investigation by Barr of the genesis of Mueller's investigation?

Trump sycophants seem to insist that Congressional Democrats want to hear from Mueller or McGahn or see the unredacted report because they are "scared" that Barr will look into the origins of the Mueller investigation when one has no relationship with the other.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don't understand why releasing the Mueller Report or having McGahn or Mueller testify would affect Barr's decision with respect to the origins of the investigation. One has nothing to do with the other.

Personally, I have my doubts they would unearth any wrongdoing, but frankly if there is a legitimate, non-partisan reason for an investigation and it was thereafter conducted in a non-partisan manner, I would be fine with releasing whatever it uncovered as well. Sunlight disinfects equally well on both sides of the aisle.
We don't know that. We don't know what A.G. Barr has and we won't know until A.G. Barr's investigation is over and his report is released. See how that works ? Its like KARMA !!!

Old 05-08-2019, 12:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
The question I have had for some time.

Is the A.G. obligated or required to go to court at the request of congress to make 6 E material available or is it up to the prerogative of the A.G. ?

Looks like my question was answered in this hearing. The committee can go to court on its own and ask to see GJ information. Nadler says he in fact intends to do that. He seems to be putting the cart before the horse with this contempt vote.
I guess I already answered your question in my previous post -- BUT, it's important to remember that under US Law that Congress passed (and Nadler personally lobbied for) - ONLY the Attorney General gets the Special Counsel's Report. Barr didn't have to release a single comma out of that report - by LAW. He chose to be as transparent as the LAW allows and the end result is a vote today by the House Judiciary Committee on Contempt.

The Democrats on the US House Judiciary Committee are beyond stupid to think their Contempt resolution will go anywhere at all .... they don't expect it to.

This is the beginning of a Pseudo-Impeachment Trial ..... Barr knows this, which is why he asked President Trump to invoke Executive Privilege - that will make sure that this Pseudo Trial actually ends up at an Appeals Court and possibly the US Supreme Court. It won't make any difference what an Obama Appointed Judge rules - a higher Court will make a final ruling IF the Obama Judge rules on a partisan level.

Anyone want to bet that Nadler is a better Attorney than William Barr?? No chance in heaven or hell.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I guess I already answered your question in my previous post -- BUT, it's important to remember that under US Law that Congress passed (and Nadler personally lobbied for) - ONLY the Attorney General gets the Special Counsel's Report. Barr didn't have to release a single comma out of that report - by LAW. He chose to be as transparent as the LAW allows and the end result is a vote today by the House Judiciary Committee on Contempt.

The Democrats on the US House Judiciary Committee are beyond stupid to think their Contempt resolution will go anywhere at all .... they don't expect it to.

This is the beginning of a Pseudo-Impeachment Trial ..... Barr knows this, which is why he asked President Trump to invoke Executive Privilege - that will make sure that this Pseudo Trial actually ends up at an Appeals Court and possibly the US Supreme Court. It won't make any difference what an Obama Appointed Judge rules - a higher Court will make a final ruling IF the Obama Judge rules on a partisan level.

Anyone want to bet that Nadler is a better Attorney than William Barr?? No chance in heaven or hell.
Agreed !!!

Your bottom line conclusions should be accepted without exception.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:59 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
We don't know that. We don't know what A.G. Barr has and we won't know until A.G. Barr's investigation is over and his report is released. See how that works ? Its like KARMA !!!
What could McGahn or Mueller possibly say that would change the outcome of any investigation by Barr? What you are saying makes zero sense.

If you want to have a non-partisan investigation the origins of the SLC investigation, do so. Whether or not Barr does should have no impact on what McGahn or Mueller have to say to Congress.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:13 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
And yet again the Dems stomp their little feet, hold their breath and throw a temper tantrum. You'd think they be getting tired by now.

Nadler and Nancy are having fun with their little show for the MSM, even though it's meaningless.

Anyone know where I can buy Binkies in bunk to send to house Democrats?

Old 05-08-2019, 01:18 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The entire point of this hearing today is to begin the Pseudo-Impeachment of President Trump.
They don't dare actually begin a real Impeachment -- they know that is a Suicide Path

So -- the Pseudo-Impeachment is to convince their Leftist (and clueless) Radical base that they are doing something. A Contempt of Congress vote in Committee, that is supposed to go the full House for a Vote -- brought forward by the intrepid SanFranNan.

A vote of Contempt of Congress because the United States Attorney General refused to break US LAW.
Nadler admitted today that what they really want (knowing that Barr can't/won't break US LAW - is for Barr to JOIN with a Nadler and take a case to Court asking permission to release the Grand Jury Testimony ..... shows that Nadler and all the Democrats are fully aware that Barr can't give them testimony that the LAW forbids.

Why does Nadler want Barr to the the person who goes to the Court?
Simple -- he KNOWS that the Court would deny Congress, just as they did several weeks ago on another case. This is a Pseudo-Impeachment that will FAIL in a spectacular way -- they must be very, very desperate about something -- likely to be the current investigations by DOJ/FBI/OIG into the origins and leaks of the Russian-Collusion-Delusion.
Congress isn't asking Barr to break the law. They've already said they won't reveal the grand jury testimony. I personally don't think they're ready to impeach him yet although I think they should.

Last edited by trobesmom; 05-08-2019 at 01:34 PM..

Old 05-08-2019, 01:19 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And yet again the Dems stomp their little feet, hold their breath and throw a temper tantrum. You'd think they be getting tired by now.

Nadler and Nancy are having fun with their little show for the MSM, even though it's meaningless.

Anyone know where I can buy Binkies in bunk to send to house Democrats?
Check out Trump's twitter feed. That's where you'll see the real tantrums. The man can't quit tweeting long enough to do anything constructive. He's a farce and an embarrassment to this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies