Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 08:11 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
But in Trump’s America if you aren’t white, heterosexual, and fundamentalist Christian you basically aren’t even human and have no dignity. The situation in the OP is something we’ll be seeing more and more of. I believe the easiest days to be LGBT in this country have already come and gone.
Beware of Greeks bearing gyros!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 08:22 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Some states, like California, have more protected classes than the federal baseline. In addition to the above factors, California adds:
Marital status
Sexual orientation or gender identity
Medical condition, or AIDS/HIV status
Military or veteran status
Political affiliations or activities
Status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking

Correct. The situation in this thread occurred in Illinois. Sexual orientation IS a protected class in Illinois.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
But in Trump’s America if you aren’t white, heterosexual, and fundamentalist Christian you basically aren’t even human and have no dignity. The situation in the OP is something we’ll be seeing more and more of. I believe the easiest days to be LGBT in this country have already come and gone.
You're joking, right? Stop drinking the koolaid and LOOK AROUND at what is happening.

Things have never been better for anyone who is LGBT. They are even being considered for MORE rights than the rest of the country.

LGBT is even being taught in elementary schools to young children. What it is, why they are so fabulous, and how to engage in same sex, as well as how to become TG.
Parades are thrown in their honor.
Gays and lesbians are the new spokes models for ad campaigns.
Child drag queens are the new marketing darlings.
TGs are reading to children in libraries and public schools.
Almost every movie/tv show has a gay character, which is far beyond what they represent in the US population.

You can't be serious. Ask any LGBT who was around 10, 20, 30 years ago.

If you are serious? Stop reading the propaganda, turn off the computer and go out into REALITY.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Unfortunately, it's hard these days not to be a bit skeptical of these types of claims, especially since we don't know the other side of the story.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/05...s-for-hugging/
If this story was real, my guess would be the person who showed them the door probably was some kind of closet gay himself. lol

Seriously? Some men can be very insecure about their own sexuality. I have several male friends who feel flattered if a gay man hit on them. Some of these friends are special force Marines. if you are secure about your own sexuality, you don't need to overreact, period.

All the blah blah being said, sure, if you want to lose businesses, go ahead kick them out. <shrug> Remember, the way you treat others in public says a lot about YOURSELF. sheesh. Buy some class.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:09 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I'll hug my husband in public. You don't control me.
Utterly delusional. I rest my case.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
wahhhhhhhhhhhhh You can't see when you have blinders on. TDS strikes again.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:28 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
People who start in about "Trumps America" are lying about hate crimes against the LBGT community and helping cover up the worst offenders. They don't care though. They don't really care about LGBT, they care only about R\D and would round up every gay person they could if that meant victory for their political party.

For a loong loooong time in this country about half the hate crimes against gay men in this country are from black men...Trump must have been emboldening them since before he ever started running for office.

They even had an article on CNN about Trans men getting murdered. They tried to push "by whom" mostly under the rug but yet again it wasn't a white guy in a pickup with a gun rack.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:36 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
I never believe any of these claims. the persecution complex that runs rampant with liberals is beyond pathetic. what an embarrassing bunch. thank god no one takes them seriously.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:04 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
I'll take "Things that never actually happened" for $500, Alex.
I'll take "Stories that require both sides of the story before making a biased conclusion" for $500, Alex.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:23 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I never believe any of these claims. the persecution complex that runs rampant with liberals is beyond pathetic. what an embarrassing bunch. thank god no one takes them seriously.
You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD9Fd2wtX20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies