Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 12:52 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And again no one is taking the life or advocating for taking the life of babies. A fetus and an embryo are not babies.

Frankly it is tragic that anyone wants fetal rights enshrined in law so women's bodies, rights, and health could be subordinated to the protection of embryos.
It is a life. If it were not, there would be no need to remove it.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Abby Johnson who was a PP supporter until she was fired then suddenly remembered how she saw "something" a while back and now is against it?

Disgruntled former employee who found a meal ticket for the other side.

Nope. She truly thought she was helping women until she saw an actual abortion on ultrasound and the baby trying to get away from the invading tool to protect itself. It changed her life.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I do believe that there are women who are ignorant of what an abortion really is after watching the interview with Abby Johnson.

I used to believe that ALL women knew how horrible a death abortion is for the baby. Now I realize that some don't and they can't make a real choice if they don't have the facts.
How horrible is a death to something that has no neural pathways? No neural pathways, no pain.

It isn't until 23-25 weeks gestation that those neural pathways are fully formed and functioning. Those abortions are only done in the case of maternal health or fetal issues, and pain medications are given to the fetus.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How horrible is a death to something that has no neural pathways? No neural pathways, no pain.
Until you have experienced being aborted, you can't speak as someone who knows that there is no pain. Science has deceived us in many ways to fit an agenda.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Nope. She truly thought she was helping women until she saw an actual abortion on ultrasound and the baby trying to get away from the invading tool to protect itself. It changed her life.
Sure it did. I bet those big speaking fees had nothing to do with her change of heart after getting reprimanded while working at PP and then getting fired.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Until you have experienced being aborted, you can't speak as someone who knows that there is no pain. Science has deceived us in many ways to fit an agenda.
It is a scientific fact that without functioning neural pathways there is no pain. It is also a scientific fact that fetuses do not have those neural pathways until later gestational age. Sorry that you think your beliefs should be more important than facts, but they aren't.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:08 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Nor do you. Many poor women and men love, protect, feed, clothe their children. They don't have to have Iphones, sports cars and bling to be considered taken care of.

You are speaking your own version of reality which is the exception, not the rule.
And to continue to love, protect, feed and clothe their live and born children adequately, many poor men and women just might understand they cannot add a 4th or 5th hungry baby that needs their attention and resources. So they choose their babies over a clump of unplanned fertilized cells. Possibly because their protection failed or they are so financially strapped they cannot afford birth control as many legislatures have allowed expensive insurance to not cover it.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-18-2019 at 01:17 PM..

Old 05-18-2019, 01:17 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There’s the rub. Pro-lifers believe that a fetus is a real person with rights. They don’t accept the premise that a fetus is just part of the woman’s body.

If you can convince pro-lifers that a fetus is not actually a person, they won’t have any reason to oppose abortion anymore. Unfortunately, you will probably have difficulty, because *religion* is usually the basis for their belief that a fetus is a person.

I used to be pro-life myself, until I left religion. Then I realized that it was kind of silly to believe that a fetus was a person. Now I’m mostly pro-choice.
I am pro-life outside of rape, operations to save the woman's life, and if a guy pulled the condom out during sex without telling her (I got that on a tweet about a woman sharing her abortion experience). I see a fetus as real person with human rights while also recognizing it is part of the woman's body. How other people feel about this is on them.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:28 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
What has always bothered me is the disingenuous argument of the pro choice side. All the platitudes like "reproductive rights" and "you can't control my body" are just a diversion from the truth. You want the right to kill your child. Fine. The government sanctions killing in the form of war, death penalty cases, etc. Let's just make a law that says it's OK to kill your child before it's born. At least that would be honest.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
This is hilarious. You have no clue what a neural pathway is, or how one cannot experience pain without one, but you think that somehow you are qualified to make medical decisions for women.

Know your intellectual limitations, 4dognight, because everyone reading this thread sure knows that with this statement, you are in way over your intellectual capacity here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies