Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 05:03 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

Looks like the OP and his type are obsessed with race. You have no idea why an individual who happens to be black votes Democratic.

I will not vote for the Republican Party due to their disregard for the separation of church and state. Their views are dangerous. Not to mention, my position on immigration differs greatly from the Republican Party. So yes, I would vote for Biden over Trump.

Trump hasn’t done anything for me. I am highly-educated and employed because I have long been hard-working and ambitious.

But everything for you people is race...smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 05:18 PM

73,046 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Detroit is a Democratic city. Chicago is a Democratic city. A lot of Black people in both cities live in... live in... wait, how do a lot of Black folks live in these very blue cities?

I don't know if you're familiar with Chicago, but tens of thousands of Blacks used to live in horrid places like the Robert Taylor Homes, Cabrini Green or Stateway Gardens apartments. This went on for decades under mayors Kennelly, Daley (father), Bilandic, Birme, Washington, Orr, Sawyer and Daley (son). All of them, Democrats.
I know plenty about Chicago and Detroit. I know about Milwaukee too, as that's my father's home town. Does any of this refute what I said about Omaha and Tulsa or anything else I've said?

Old 05-21-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't say that it is amusing, as the consequences are often quite serious, but yes it's definitely self-destructive.
Not really self destructive. Black Americans generally do worse than other groups in Republican areas too.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Euh... no. Why should I be happy if people are being self-destructive? I usually like other people - seeing others suffer does not make me happy.

And I certainly don't demand anyone to do anything or to vote one way or the other. Your comment is a bit strange. I don't demand Black Detroiters to vote for a Republican team that would fix their city. They vote for whoever they want. However, when they are suffering as a result of their poor choices, it does not make me happy. Why would it?
Republicans would fix Detroit? That’s what you’re saying?

Okay. Detroit’s decline happened under Republican Governors. Why didn’t they stop it?

Old 05-21-2019, 06:26 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Okay. Detroit’s decline happened under Republican Governors. Why didn’t they stop it?
I'd love to see them tell us what Rick Snyder did for Detroit. Sure hope it wasn't what he did TO Flint.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:

And furthermore, ultraliberal Madison,WI thriving while Milwaukee is having alot of crime and poverty.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That may have a lot with their leaders cozying up to Trump, or vice versa.

You'll notice that many of the national heads of state that Trump seems to like cozying up to are authoritarians - like Duerte, Putin, Bolsonaro (Brazil).

The one exception is Israel - because institutionally, Israeli electoral politics is extremely fractured - and Bibi has to hold together a coalition. However, Trump, unlike previous US presidents, has given Bibi pretty much a blank check without much in return in terms of policies to negotiate over. Is it no wonder why Israelis may be favorably disposed?
I notice that the countries Trump is the most popular in have very authoritarian leaders. Authoritarian recognizes authoritarian. I notice that people who love Trump the most tend to have a high respect for authoritarian types.

I don't like Bolsonaro at all. He's a worse version of Trump. I sometimes suspect that Trump wants to be like Bolsonaro.

I am just guessing that Trump figuratively gave Netanyahu a loan without asking for payment in return.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:48 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I love how liberals want to give credit to Obama for today's economy, and unemployment when it was Trump's tax cuts, regulatory cuts, and energy policy that created the prosperity, among other Trump policies. Obama had eight years of almost no economic growth and higher unemployment. What a joke.

Obama gave trillions to the Unions as payback, and called it a stimulus. It didn't help the economy.
^fake news

Old 05-21-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
Black folks better stepin fetchit for Massuh Trump.

Yep. Weez gotta be grateful for Trump.

All humor aside, this shows that there are many people who obsess over who Blacks vote for. Some people are upset that most Blacks won't pick a Republican candidate, or support Trump.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:57 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
We do what we want. We don’t owe Trump a damn thing. We don’t even rock with dude like that. African Americans ain’t feeling Trump, nor will we ever. I kept trying to tell y’all that, but you won’t listen.

No president has ever done anything for us with a few exceptions, and Trump isn’t on the exceptions list.
Cool. You speak for all blacks in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies