Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 05:34 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal25 View Post
It's hard work to keep the outrage up every single day.
Trump does it with ease.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:59 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I suppose some people object to Trump's plans because we can learn from history. He will not speak about the history, the traditions, the accomplishments of this country. He will not speak about all the groups of people who made this country great. He will talk about himself. He will tell us all the GREAT things he has done and how everyone is picking on him, and he will probably throw in "No collusion." It would be nice if he could, for once, act like the president of the whole country, speaking to everyone. But he won't. He make it all about himself, and he will speak to his base. It will be a campaign speech, and have nothing to do with real patriotism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You are absolutely correct.

This sounds familiar....kinda like the WW2 speech that was supposed to be all about him and how great he was and what he has done...yet that did not happen...to people such as you 2, and because of that, you had to find something to complain about....

Hey, maybe his background will be Russian ships in the background....

Old 06-27-2019, 01:34 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing to fight about. People seem to be "mind reading" what will happen and then telling us why Orange Man Bad. I'm especially amused by this :

He will not speak about the history, the traditions, the accomplishments of this country. He will not speak about all the groups of people who made this country great. He will talk about himself.

If you were paying attention you'd know all Trump does is talk about the history, traditions and accomplishments of this country. He's the USA's biggest cheerleader and takes every opportunity to recognize individuals who've contributed to it. Are you too busy tearing down statues to actually listen to him?
I've been paying attention. I'm not predicting the future or reading his mind; I'm just telling you what has happened in the past. And as we know, past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior. But hey, he could stick to the script. He could come up with some discipline, and actually say something that unites the country in patriotism. It could happen. I'm not holding my breath, but it could happen.

PS: I've never torn down a statue.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:39 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I've been paying attention. I'm not predicting the future or reading his mind; I'm just telling you what has happened in the past. And as we know, past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior. But hey, he could stick to the script. He could come up with some discipline, and actually say something that unites the country in patriotism. It could happen. I'm not holding my breath, but it could happen.

PS: I've never torn down a statue.
Yeah, Trump giving a short non-partisan speech is like the two Irish guys walking past a bar. Hey, it could happen.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Why do democrats care where Trump decides to give a July 4th public address ? Do they think they own the public square ?
I don't think anyone cares, and nor will hardly anyone watch him give a speech. People have better things to do on 4th of July than listen to his campaign BS.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:43 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
I guess giving a speech on the Mall is ok if you have an approved message.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ull-transcript

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl2OOIInLZQ

Old 06-27-2019, 02:59 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think anyone cares, and nor will hardly anyone watch him give a speech. People have better things to do on 4th of July than listen to his campaign BS.
Wonder how many will even bother to show up.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:11 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yeah, Trump giving a short non-partisan speech is like the two Irish guys walking past a bar. Hey, it could happen.

It did happen....you forget the WW2 speech....

Yet the left could not find anything wrong with it....and then bashed him afterwards for something he said....

Old 06-27-2019, 11:42 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yeah, it'll be great, I'm sure. His so called address will go off the rails and disintegrate into the usual self absorbed whining about the Witch Hunt, the Fake News, the democrats, and any other of his petty grievances du jour he thinks to throw in. It'll be all about him, like it always is.
I think you're right.. so much for celebrating America. Celebrations that day have always existed, he just wants attention to be on him. A real celebration would be ONE day having nothing to do with him.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:03 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
He is the President..talking to the citizens on a national holiday is hardly scandalous..

He seeks to talk to the people..why do libs have an issue with that?
Because he just wants to be the center of attention, it has nothing to do with the country. It will be another rant about how he feels unjustly treated and making fun of those he dislikes. How American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies