Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:12 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
In Iowa tonight, our former Vice president Joseph Biden is expected to nail Don the Con. Some quotes from the speech have been released. Biden pegs the scammer in chief to a tee.

Biden will call Trump an existential threat to this country.

Go for it Joe!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...n-iowa-remarks

Lol.....

So the Dems best hope against Trump in a raging economy and after the Russia collusion narrative proved to be the crock of poop we always knew it was .....

Is a gaff prone old white guy who many Dems don't even like and who will try to run as a centrist and not alienate the Pog Left base or Trump voters the way Hillary did?

Good luck with that

Old 06-11-2019, 08:12 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Biden will inform all us ladies, Negroes, and brown folk just how much we need him for our survival.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:17 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Yah, I'm not quite clear why Biden want to bring up China so soon... a month ago he was mocking the idea China posed a threat to us.
I think Biden's strategy is to get his hair sniffing and China out early so it will be old re hashed issues later in the general election. Joe at least knows voters have short attention spans and he can count on partisans to vote for him no matter what.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:22 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I think Biden's strategy is to get his hair sniffing and China out early so it will be old re hashed issues later in the general election. Joe at least knows voters have short attention spans and he can count on partisans to vote for him no matter what.
Partisans may vote blindly for Biden, but postmodern illiberals won't... this is going to be a fun election to watch!

Old 06-11-2019, 08:29 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Any chance the might tell voters what HIS plans are for running the country? And not just stump speech, pie in the sky platitudes.
Here it is, right here...the question everyone not already 100% Biden or 100% anti-Trump will ask if they listen to Biden talk.

OK, if China MUST be dealt with as you say Joe, and Trump is making it worse, as you say Joe, well then tell us Joe, what exactly is your plan to "do something about China?" That's what anyone outside the 2 Minute Hate echo chamber will be thinking. And he'll offer nothing except off balance, mostly stumbling haymaker swings that open him up to evil counterpunching.

But whatever. We've seen this exact same act play out countless times in the Trump era, and I love me some schadenfreude.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Biden will sundown.

Too bad Trump isn't planning a rally in Iowa so he can say "Mine's bigger than your's" to Biden on crowd size. He's going to visit some plant and then attend a private Republican fundraiser that accommodates 800 for which they already have more demand than seats. The big Trump rally is next week in Orlando when he officially announces he's running.

Biden has one thing in common with Trump, he doesn't drink alcohol. Not sure if that's a choice or because of his two brain surgeries for brain bleeds make it dangerous.

Trump lost Iowa to Ted Cruz in 2016 but then again Biden has lost the presidency twice, once in 1888 (the Bush Senior election) because he plagiarized almost an entire speech from some British politician and admitted it and then other instances of plagiarism came up and didn't win Iowa in the primaries. Dukakis got the Democrat win. The second time he called Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Biden came in 5th in Iowa.

I think Biden is ahead due to name recognition with Democrats who don't keep up with politics, regularly. It's also why Bernie is second. Jeb Bush and Scott Walker were the top of the heap this time in 2015 also, in my opinion, due to name recognition. Trump hadn't even declared his candidacy yet.

I also think Obama used Biden effectively. In my opinion, when Obama had something he wanted to do he threw Biden out to talk about it publicly, first. Then Obama sat back and waited for the media and public reaction. If it was received negatively, Obama and others would make light of that just being Uncle Joe and everyone knew what he meant but if Biden got a good reaction from the public, Obama went through with his idea already knowing the media and public approved. The problem is Biden can't run on that.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Literally the dumbest thing he can possibly do. It may very well secure him the nomination that is already his, but all it does is give the nation's greatest counterpuncher an opening for counterpunching.

And his "record" on things like China is watching Obama do nothing. That's all, total, ever. I hope he actually goes as planned and just criticizes Trump. It will be a hoot to watch how badly it goes for Biden in the days to follow.

The one thing that is the kiss of death to Trump is to ignore him - or go around him. This he cannot abide.

However, at some point Biden HAS to be direct and clear, so that everyone understands that he comprehends the threat to American democracy that Trump represents. Have not seen the speech; it might work.

As long as he makes the stand and then moves on to topics of substance, he will be OK. If he keeps repeating these statements, that could hurt him in the long run. This is not about defeating Trump in some verbal debate or Twitter war, this is about appealing to vast majority of Americans who are practical centrists that will make or break the election of 2020.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
I think Democrats are thinking the Rust Belt states will decide the election again and that Joe is the best candidate to accomplish winning those states.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think Democrats are thinking the Rust Belt states will decide the election again and that Joe is the best candidate to accomplish winning those states.

If they actually believe that, then they are certainly a doomed party. Joe has singed up for every single trade deal since NAFTA which has turned turned it into the "rust belt".

Biden is a 1980 meme. It doesn't play well in the 2020s.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:46 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Here it is, right here...the question everyone not already 100% Biden or 100% anti-Trump will ask if they listen to Biden talk.

OK, if China MUST be dealt with as you say Joe, and Trump is making it worse, as you say Joe, well then tell us Joe, what exactly is your plan to "do something about China?" That's what anyone outside the 2 Minute Hate echo chamber will be thinking. And he'll offer nothing except off balance, mostly stumbling haymaker swings that open him up to evil counterpunching.

But whatever. We've seen this exact same act play out countless times in the Trump era, and I love me some schadenfreude.
May be some truth to this, but the general zeitgeist of the 2020 election so far is that there are a LOT of candidates that have an excellent chance of defeating Trump, no matter how weak they might be. You could put your life's fortune on the table right now betting that the Trump machine is looking for ways - ANY ways of tweaking the outcome of the election should he get defeated. All the way from disinformation campaigns to getting help from "friends".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies