Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 09:13 AM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
By and large, Vets love their country. Love of country is not something most associate with the Left.
These types of quotes let me know just how unprepared we are election interference from any country. Some of us are so narrow minded that we will believe anything negative about a group we don’t like.

Oh well. By the time we figure out our Chinese, Russian overloaded have tricked us with stupid twitter and Facebook post, it will be far too late to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
I didnt support the man because of his personality or character even though he was far more genuine and sincere than his last opponent. It was about his policy plans and what he would do to right the terrible direction the country was going in. I see the OP is so confused he makes an issue of the draft even though Trumps main opponents in 2016 and 2020 had similar records. How is the cerebral amputation unit at the VA treating you? Any hope for a prosthetic?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:15 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Probably because of things like this...

https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2...nts-instead-2/

https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/state-...s-of-veterans/

Although it does seem like both parties like to use funds for Vets to leverage their way. I still would side with the GOP though, at least they put Vets above illegal aliens.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
As a vet of 6 years of service 66-72 I just don't see how others support trump.
First of all Daddy bought him a "bye" during Vietnam for bone spurs so he could not serve. Yet he played many sports that were just as active as he would have been in the military. OK, I was well aware when I served that many with money did not serve as there were many ways to get out of it.
He says he did not support the war. Neither did I, but I was drafted and served my time plus some.
He does not like anyone that gets any kind of government check such as retirement from the service or a VA disability.
In fact just yesterday he is attempting to control benefits to low income people throughout the country.
If you're going to make a number of claims like that you should source them.

For example, I was unaware that Trump hates disabled veterans.

I can understand not liking the guy for a variety of reasons but if you're going to make policy claims you're going to need to back them up.

The short answer you are probably (not) looking for is that people approve of his policies over the ones they felt Hillary would implement and that many people don't like the guy but were left a difficult choice or set aside their personal feelings in favor of policy.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:19 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
By and large, Vets love their country. Love of country is not something most associate with the Left.
A returning union CW soldier said "I loved my country but I`ll be damned if I`ll ever love another one". I love my wife and kids and my dog but I don`t love this or any other country. Can a country love me back?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:29 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
First of all Daddy bought him a "bye" during Vietnam for bone spurs so he could not serve. Yet he played many sports that were just as active as he would have been in the military. OK, I was well aware when I served that many with money did not serve as there were many ways to get out of it.
He says he did not support the war. Neither did I, but I was drafted and served my time plus some.
He does not like anyone that gets any kind of government check such as retirement from the service or a VA disability.
In fact just yesterday he is attempting to control benefits to low income people throughout the country.

My husband and I talk about it once in a while and we don't get it either. Plus the obsession w/ badmouthing McCain. And, the Gold Star father. Yes, vets have different outlooks on things, but this Trump w/ his hx of blatantly disrespecting them is over the top. Plus, allying w/ Russian and NKorean dictators. How does it get worse?
Thank you for your service.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 06-12-2019 at 09:38 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 09:31 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Perhaps because those veteran's don't want to see the country they fought for and could have given their life for taken over by leftists.

This.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:41 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Perhaps because those veteran's don't want to see the country they fought for and could have given their life for taken over by leftists.
basically

Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Thank you for your service, keninaz.

I agree with you. Trump always claims to be so pro military and to love the troops. But when America came calling for Donald Trump to serve his country proudly, he had his daddy buy him out of having to serve by having a doctor write Donald a phony waiver for "bone spurs" in his feet. Disgrace.

There's nothing else to discuss, there's no "but Trump did THIS for the troops." The conversation stops there. Trump had his rich father buy him out of having to serve his country during Vietnam. PERIOD. Trump is a coward.

That's probably why Trump hated John McCain so much. He was a decorated war hero, respected by ALL, both dems and repubs. Hell, they named a warship after McCain. Trump wants that valor. He wants that praise and worship SO BADLY....but he didn't earn it, because he's a yellow-bellied wimp.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Once again Donald Trump waves his magic wand and convinces so many gullible people that he actually represents the little guy including the vets. He represents the Trump family crime syndicate and no one else. One of the greatest con jobs in American political history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies