Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 03:23 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Sigh...this has already been addressed numerous times by who knows how many media sources.

The men's soccer pulls in far, far more revenue than the women's soccer, it is not even close, talking numbers like 4 billion versus 100 million. There are tons of articles online covering this and other aspects. If women want the same pay, they are going to have to pull in the same revenue, it is pretty simple.

This lawsuit will go no where, at that, anyone can file with the EEOC, it means nothing regarding the legitimacy of a complaint.
You are right---however that last line is dependant upon the intelligence of the jury. And seeing some of the jury settlements that have come out-anything is possible.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:31 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't need to prove anything else, you have the information. You brought up TV revenue not me and claimed that was justification so show me the numbers. This isn't a court of law by the way.
Yes, we all agree that you trusted their lawyer who intentionally left out TV revenue, the largest source of profit. Now that you know, you're just too invested.

You are clearly not educated in any sort of financial analysis or accounting and have so emotionally invested you'll never admit you got scammed by their press release but I think I've educated people as to what is going on.

A blatant attempt to publically shame US Soccer by lying to and using people that don't know any better.

Again, maybe they do have a case for more pay but they aren't presenting one honestly which means it's unlikely to be reality.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:00 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
My daughter was the only girl on an "all boys team" becuase they wanted her ,seems you're not a soccer person.

Let's see - because your daughter is on an all boys team - the exception rather than the rule - I'm not a soccer person? What are you talking about and what does this have to do with professional women's soccer? Did you accidentally respond to the wrong thread?

Old 06-19-2019, 05:07 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
No, its a pretty good example of gender discrimination by the US soccer Federation.

You apparently don't know the meaning of the word "discrimination". You do understand that compensation in professional sports generally has something to do with performance? You're also aware that the vast majority of women who play professional sports can't perform on the same level as men, right? Now, connect the dots: not discrimination.

Some of my coworkers get paid more than me because they have been deemed to be better performers. That's not discrimination.

You may find dictionary.com and other online resources to be of value before using a word incorrectly.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Let's see - because your daughter is on an all boys team - the exception rather than the rule - I'm not a soccer person? What are you talking about and what does this have to do with professional women's soccer? Did you accidentally respond to the wrong thread?
No I was responding to your post and again the fact that you can't understand it proves my point about your lack of knowledge about the Soccer Profession.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:08 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You apparently don't know the meaning of the word "discrimination". You do understand that compensation in professional sports generally has something to do with performance? You're also aware that the vast majority of women who play professional sports can't perform on the same level as men, right? Now, connect the dots: not discrimination.

Some of my coworkers get paid more than me because they have been deemed to be better performers. That's not discrimination.

You may find dictionary.com and other online resources to be of value before using a word incorrectly.
The fact that men are superior to women in sports is not the issue if you bothered to take time to at least read through some of the discussion. Why is reading so difficult.

So explain to me why US men are paid so much more for “performance “ , this should prove interesting. The women’s team won 3 world cups and 4 gold medals, the men’s team hasn’t won anything in a century.

Last edited by Goodnight; 06-19-2019 at 06:40 PM..

Old 06-20-2019, 12:17 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Where would the money come from?

Old 06-20-2019, 02:18 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
The fact that men are superior to women in sports is not the issue if you bothered to take time to at least read through some of the discussion. Why is reading so difficult.

So explain to me why US men are paid so much more for “performance “ , this should prove interesting. The women’s team won 3 world cups and 4 gold medals, the men’s team hasn’t won anything in a century.
The two paragraphs contradict.

If the first paragraph is true, then no explanation is needed.

If explanation is needed, then the first paragraph cannot be true, and your womens team winning is at best an apples to oranges comparison, akin to why Minor League players receive lower salaries than Major League players, be that soccer, football, basketball, ice hockey, etc.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:28 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Where would the money come from?
From the appearance money that TV pays the men's team to provide an opponent for the stars of the game

Old 06-20-2019, 02:18 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
The two paragraphs contradict.

If the first paragraph is true, then no explanation is needed.

If explanation is needed, then the first paragraph cannot be true, and your womens team winning is at best an apples to oranges comparison, akin to why Minor League players receive lower salaries than Major League players, be that soccer, football, basketball, ice hockey, etc.
Performance against other national women’s teams, men’s and women’s soccer are two separate entities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies