Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 10:36 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times

Advertisements

Not surprisingly, this lunacy is starting in my city (not surprisingly, a city run by communists).

https://www.twincities.com/2021/01/1...k-reparations/

Quote:
In a written statement, Crews — the co-chair of the St. Paul Recovery Act and Reparations Steering Committee — said their goal is to advance “the cause of racial healing by exploring reparations for American descendants of chattel slavery who live in St. Paul.”

Crews added, in an interview, “The St. Paul City Council is pretty progressive right now. In the wake of the murder of George Floyd, we need to make a statement.

In a state that never had systemic slavery. In a state that literally only had a handful of blacks up until very recently. The Left will shriek there was slavery in MN, but it was literally like a few people. This state was built on the backs of Europeans, full stop. We sent in one of the first brigades for the Union cause in the CW. We don't owe anyone anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 05:59 AM

35,089 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Not surprisingly, this lunacy is starting in my city (not surprisingly, a city run by communists).

In a state that never had systemic slavery. In a state that literally only had a handful of blacks up until very recently. The Left will shriek there was slavery in MN, but it was literally like a few people. This state was built on the backs of Europeans, full stop. We sent in one of the first brigades for the Union cause in the CW. We don't owe anyone anything.
I think Biden's first order of business should be to divert aid bound for Egypt to the Jews worldwide as reparations for slavery. Ditto aid bound for Babylonia.

Old 01-16-2021, 04:30 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,024,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

I will be so glad when I see the backside of this state. Look at the welfare rosters each month - going back generations. They have and do get plenty of reparations. And you are right - we had nothing to do with slavery.

Here's an example of the new mentality here: on Nextdoor for my area one lady said "We should get them all a house!" Oh yeah. Color me gone.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:37 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,703,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I will be so glad when I see the backside of this state. Look at the welfare rosters each month - going back generations. They have and do get plenty of reparations. And you are right - we had nothing to do with slavery.

Here's an example of the new mentality here: on Nextdoor for my area one lady said "We should get them all a house!" Oh yeah. Color me gone.
It's sad that this is what the left has come to. Giving people stuff solves nothing.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post

It's become pitiful.

I had an argument with someone on St. Paul Facebook page. And they produced some article that posited there were, wait for it....15 SLAVES in MN at one point! Owned by like 4 white guys. When it was illegal at the time to have slaves in MN. Prior to MN being a state.

And because of those implications...blacks in MN are all owed reparations. Uh...NO. They aren't owed anything. Not one damn penny.

Regarding the state's politics, MN is pretty much all I know. And almost anywhere else, you can't run away from the Leftist lunacy that is cancerous now in America.

I do wonder how Pawlenty ever won two terms. I do wonder when another Republican will win governor because Walz is appalling. I thought Dayton was the worst of the worst but Walz is desperately trying his damnedest to out-WOKE him.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:36 PM

35,089 posts, read 17,051,842 times
I hope Biden doesn't make reparations a thing.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:40 AM

They are making a hard push for it now...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ons-commission

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...parations-bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies