Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 02:52 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Why should he? What's it to you people? It's time to grow up and quit whining folks... HRC lost.
Why should he?

He promised he would in the campaign.

Every President elected prior to Trump since Richard Nixon released their financial records. Releasing of tax records had become something expected of any nominee. When he broke that tradition, which went back nearly fifty years, it is reasonable to wonder why.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:56 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Has he not paid his taxes or is he not nearly as rich as he wants people to believe, and he's embarrassed about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.f595659123c5
Here we go again. If you'd paid attention over the past couple of years you would know that the IRS (the government) has already seen his taxes. Nothing further to report. Only troublemakers and antagonists want to continue down this rabbit hole.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:00 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Why should he?

Every President elected prior to Trump since Richard Nixon released their financial records. Releasing of tax records had become something expected of any nominee. When he broke that tradition, which went back nearly fifty years, it is reasonable to wonder why.
Stop. Making. Sense.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:02 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Has he not paid his taxes or is he not nearly as rich as he wants people to believe, and he's embarrassed about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.f595659123c5
Because he’s made soooo much legitimate money that he’s just too humble to disclose... lol. Just kidding. It’s because he’s a con artist. That’s the real art of his deal.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:12 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
the main reason trump won't release his tax returns is he would get nothing politically positive from releasing his tax returns.

the leftist press would find problems with his tax returns and trump's voters don't care one bit about his tax returns.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:17 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
You show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Old 07-02-2019, 03:44 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

It remains to be seen whether the "DOJ" and Mnuchin "rightly judged," as Congress has decided to speak the only language Trump understands. They have sued the IRS and Treasury to obtain them. They do not need to 'justify' anything.

We will see how the judge rules to determine if the DOJ is even allowed to "rightly judge" anything in this case. We will see if this admin will obey the rule of law or remain lawless.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/polit...uit/index.html
Subsequent case law holds that Congress must have some legitimate legislative intent to obtain the tax returns, if they are not forthcoming otherwise.

The Ways & Means Committee whiffed rather comically the first time, and the DOJ caught them flat-footed asking for sensitive tax data for the express purpose of publicizing it for their own nefarious purposes.

Informed observers would have no reason to think that another judge is going to view the matter any differently than the DOJ did, with good reason: there is no clear legislative intent on the part of the current Congress that can possibly be served by obtaining Trump's tax returns.

None whatsoever.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:11 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Why should he?

I agree, he clearly broke that promise.

As for the whole "expected" thing, well when the #1 goal is getting elected he made a smart move in not releasing them as it clearly didn't hurt him and giving potential ammo to your enemies is stupid.

In fact, not releasing his tax returns is probably one of the few solid examples of Trump making a smart decision.

P.S. I voted *neither* in 2016, just talking from a strategic standpoint here. Sadly I have to explain this so I don't have to deal with as many responses from the pinheads on the forum.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:26 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1. Because his income in many years is ridiculously low.
2. Because it may have Russian and other such dealings in it.
3. Because it will show he doesn't pay his fair share (we know all that already)

I don't care about his tax returns. I don't need them. I can do the calculations in a few minutes, having been around AC when he went bankrupt a couple times, etc.

Basically, he never made any money his entire life (that is, he made 1/4 or less what he would have in an index fund).

Not only that, but to achieve this fantastic return, he bankrupted, stiffed and took advantage of many persons and institutions (including our tax money).

That is all 100% provable in one paragraph. So why would I need his returns? He's a failure. The extent of his particular losses are not really of interest to me.....his total losses (based on that index fund or what he should have made) are in the 10 Billion dollar area.

Simple enough.
Jealousy is a nasty color Craig.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:27 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,793,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Because it's nobody's business except his and the IRS and I think he enjoys toying with the Leftists TDS sufferers.
If he is required to submit tax returns for public scrutiny shouldn't ALL government officials be required to do the same? It would be a real eye opener to see how much money our congress critters and senators are making from insider trading. Of course their staff are also profiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies