Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 08:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Trump has no real policy to talk about does he?

No ideology, no vision. Trump's life is not based upon lofty goals. There is no philosophy, no poetry, no heart.

He has a lack of understanding of basic civics (something most people should know to graduate from high school). One would think that matters to a supporter, but apparently most of them lack an understanding in civics as well, so they don't actually see it.

The base wanted an outsider, one who was truly ignorant about how to run a government but capable of running a successful business. They got a thief because they couldn't tell the difference between an altruistic corporate CEO and a greedy and dangerous head of a crime family.

Trump needs to attack the personalities of his rivals, because he has no positive message of his own to offer.

Don't expect leadership from the man, he's not the type to put a man on the moon or wage a war on poverty. His greatest accomplishment thus far has been to secure massive tax breaks for the wealthiest of our nation (conveniently including himself, with special new loopholes for the real estate industry) and balloon the deficit our children will be burdened with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 08:39 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Nothing new, just wall and “those people” who ever that may be, it changes from week to week.

No new policy proposals since 2017 really.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:47 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Trump has one policy called 'Me'. Look at me. Worship me. Tell me how great I am. Give me money. Don't disagree with me. Leave if you don't look like me.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:58 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bernie Sanders Introduces ‘Medicare for All’ Bill. Here’s What It Says

Sanders, who also sought the Democratic nomination in 2016, has backed the concept for years and offered similar legislation in 2013, when it attracted no co-sponsors.

https://fortune.com/2019/04/10/berni...-for-all-bill/

You conveniently avoid as do most that we are paying now. We pay for the homeless person with no health care. We pay ourselves. We pay for the single mom one way or the other.

In reality this would get more people paying into the health care system. We pay into Medicare now. People who get "free" health care pay into it.

Right, the "more people" that will be paying in to the healthcare system are people that currently receive good health insurance from their employer.

Single payer will replace the employer provided health plans with an employee paid health care plan.

Employers will pocket the difference.

If you are not an employer, why is that a good idea?

Old 07-19-2019, 10:59 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No replacement needed. Pay for your own stuff. Personal responsibility. Do not force me to pay for your poor choices in life.
Yah. I really regret my choice to contract cancer. Love it when people go broke and die because of it.

(Hyperbole. I don't really have cancer.)

Old 07-19-2019, 11:07 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Doesn't matter.

The GOP has quite well-defined policies, and they're being carried out. Loading the courts with the right sort of judges will ensure that gerrymandering and vote suppression will survive for another generation. Dismantling the EPA. Tax cuts for the rich, obviously. Deregulating financial institutions. Increased arms spending.

A lot of those policies are quite unpopular, and you can bet they'll be laid at Trump's feet once he leaves.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Right, the "more people" that will be paying in to the healthcare system are people that currently receive good health insurance from their employer.

Single payer will replace the employer provided health plans with an employee paid health care plan.

Employers will pocket the difference.

If you are not an employer, why is that a good idea?
The law will cover that. Employers do not pocket their share of Medicare costs now. An employer matches what an employee pays.

You can't ignore facts and expect people to take your questions seriously.

It's certainly possible that the few companies still providing a good health care plan may see their costs go down some as the costs get spread wider, but that is perfectly fine.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:16 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yah. I really regret my choice to contract cancer. Love it when people go broke and die because of it.

(Hyperbole. I don't really have cancer.)
My husband did. The bills... whew. We have good insurance through his work, but not everybody has that and the costs they would incur for a similar experience...yikes. He had surgery to remove it, but ended up with a massive infection and his health declined to where he was on IV nutrition, several heavy antibiotics via IV, and home health care visits for a while. Had another surgery to clear out the infection. Just....a lot.

That's one of the things about medical issues. While yes, sometimes people make poor choices and it affects their health, there are plenty of circumstances where it has nothing to do with being irresponsible. It's just a part of being alive.

They can be truly trying to live within their means....not buying too much, making wise choices, saving up, etc. What happens when they manage to rack up huge medical bills, as is very easy to do? Not all jobs offer good insurance, or any at all. If you run your own business, it can be hard to get decent insurance.

It's a mess.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:19 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The law will cover that. Employers do not pocket their share of Medicare costs now. An employer matches what an employee pays.

You can't ignore facts and expect people to take your questions seriously.

It's certainly possible that the few companies still providing a good health care plan may see their costs go down some as the costs get spread wider, but that is perfectly fine.
Yeah, if you are self employed, you get to pay the other half that the employer usually pays.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
He ran on no policy he just spoke to his base about nothing. When asked he went on the attack.
It's gonna be the best plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies