Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 08:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Why are white people so obsessed with race????
Why are democrats so obsessed with falsely accusing white people of being racist from the time they are born ?

Look there and find your answer !!! Its not a difficult assignment to find the answer unless a person is unconscious !!!
Will you be attending the funeral and at the grave site when racism is buried or will you be a part of what is being buried ? It is a choice !!!

Old 07-19-2019, 08:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,412,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm glad AP news was able to get the keen insights on the issue from the community college english professor.

Right? How are more people not reacting to this vs. the questionable idea he put forward?

Found a bio for him:

I have a PhD from Purdue University’s Rhetoric and Composition Program and currently teach at Macomb Community College. My early work focused on the ways that narratives about black athletes constructed blackness along a narrow and limiting spectrum. I’ve shifted that focus a bit, and for the last several years my scholarship has concentrated on privacy, institutional tech policy, digital redlining, and the re-inventions of discriminatory practices through data mining and algorithmic decision-making, especially as these apply to college students. I am currently developing a project that looks at how popular misunderstandings of mathematical concepts create the illusions of fairness and objectivity in student analytics, predictive policing, and hiring practices.

https://hypervisible.com/

Old 07-19-2019, 08:29 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,295,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, and there was that huge rat snake looking into the Camera, and also that guy who spent hours licking it. :-)

Oh, the snake videos cracked me up! We don't get anything that exciting on ours. Just the UPS guy, the FedEx guy, the mail carrier, and family visiting.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:33 AM

15,542 posts, read 10,531,284 times
When everything is racist, nothing is racist (or something like that).

Old 07-19-2019, 08:34 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,668,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
So you agree that doorbell cams are racist?
No, but you might be if you come to this conclusion based on the article.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:44 AM

19,699 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Crime is increasing in some areas. Of course a good security system is of benefit. I'm not sure if this is some bubble-think that every place is gentrified and safe.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:04 AM

78,555 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Right? How are more people not reacting to this vs. the questionable idea he put forward?

Found a bio for him:

I have a PhD from Purdue University’s Rhetoric and Composition Program and currently teach at Macomb Community College. My early work focused on the ways that narratives about black athletes constructed blackness along a narrow and limiting spectrum. I’ve shifted that focus a bit, and for the last several years my scholarship has concentrated on privacy, institutional tech policy, digital redlining, and the re-inventions of discriminatory practices through data mining and algorithmic decision-making, especially as these apply to college students. I am currently developing a project that looks at how popular misunderstandings of mathematical concepts create the illusions of fairness and objectivity in student analytics, predictive policing, and hiring practices.

Yeah, I guess that with all the tech experts, privacy, constitutional, sociology types out there....they found this guy?

Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,918,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Crime is increasing in some areas. Of course a good security system is of benefit. I'm not sure if this is some bubble-think that every place is gentrified and safe.
There was a surge in car break-ins around here earlier this week. The dozen or so cameras that captured pictures of the two perps were definitely racist cameras.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:09 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Why are white people so obsessed with race????
Why are race baiters obsessed with race?

Old 07-19-2019, 09:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,648,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Found a bio for him:

If you read what he wrote, you'll see he quoted a line from an article that has the same myth so many other people have repeated: “Black women are the most educated and entrepreneurial group in the U.S., yet they receive less than 1% of VC (Venture Capital) funding.”

This guy teaches college and doesn't know how to read charts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies