Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think:
Rashida Tlaib should run for and win the Presidency? 3 2.03%
Rashida Tlaib is a material asset to Congress and her district? 13 8.78%
Is sincere in her love for her grandmother? 14 9.46%
Is a national disgrace? 103 69.59%
Is a traitor? 40 27.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 01:17 PM

18,486 posts, read 15,291,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Jews won't support restricting immigration or banning immigration from certain cultures and regions. I can't think of one even supposedly conservative that wants to reduce immigration from anywhere. I can't think of any liberals either, and to be a liberal is like a litmus test for supporting open borders.

I don't think there is a single group that would have more authority to denounce open borders and multiculturalism but they don't. Instead they do just the opposite funding and promoting open borders causes.
What are you talking about? Conservative Jews do not want to take in and pay for the world’s poor people. And I cant speak for all conservative Jews, but I think that they would agree that Trump’s Muslim ban was very reasonable.

Maybe the difference you are talking about, is that we don't really care about the color of the people who do come in. We just care about whether they are contributors vs takers.

Is that the difference you were talking about?

Old 08-17-2019, 01:33 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,523,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, possibly, but from this, I think it truly was unintentional, Israel apologized, and reparations were made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Of course, no amount of money can make it up to the men and loved ones of those who were killed or seriously wounded, but I don't think Israel would have apologized and made payment (apparently without being pressured to do so).

And as far as spying, I believe that the U.S. spies on many counties, too -- even friendly ones.

P.S. I apologize for something I wrote in my earlier post. I was in error when I wrote that I thought that Jews were as non-violent as Quakers because they will defend themselves and their country if they feel threatened. I still believe, however, that the great majority of Jews would just like to live and let live in peace. I don't think the same can be said of as many religious Muslims, however.
Yes. Israeli attacks are always in response to an attack or as a pre-emptive action to stave off a threat. Certain Arab nations have made no secret of their intent to wipe Israel off the map ("Death to Israel"), and Israel is rightfully defending itself against those who would have it annihilated.

In the meantime, you will never hear of a Jew strapping a bomb to a child and sending him off on a suicide mission. Neither will you hear of how Israelis rescued hundreds of critically injured Syrians near the border and nursed them back to health. (Can you imagine Arabs rescuing Israelis?) Nor will you hear of the Save-a-Heart Foundation, in which Israel gives (GIVES) life-saving heart surgeries to children who would die otherwise (they are up to more than 3,000), the vast majority of whom are Arabs from neighboring countries.

Neither do you hear much of the nearly 1 million Jews kicked out of Arab countries, their land and property stolen. The sympathies are always one-sided: against Israeli Jews and for Muslims. To hear some of these liberals speak, you'd think that the Palestinians - led by HAMAS - are completely without fault. Tlaib's actions regarding permission to visit her grandmother tells you how strong her hate for Israel is - she gave up seeing her grandmother because she saw it as showing Israel's humanitarian side, and she couldn't do that.

Old 08-17-2019, 01:37 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,523,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes. Israeli attacks are always in response to an attack or as a pre-emptive action to stave off a threat. Certain Arab nations have made no secret of their intent to wipe Israel off the map ("Death to Israel"), and Israel is rightfully defending itself against those who would have it annihilated.

In the meantime, you will never hear of a Jew strapping a bomb to a child and sending him off on a suicide mission. Neither will you hear of how Israelis rescued hundreds of critically injured Syrians near the border and nursed them back to health. (Can you imagine Arabs rescuing Israelis?) Nor will you hear of the Save-a-Heart Foundation, in which Israel gives (GIVES) life-saving heart surgeries to children who would die otherwise (they are up to more than 3,000), the vast majority of whom are Arabs from neighboring countries.

Neither do you hear much of the nearly 1 million Jews kicked out of Arab countries, their land and property stolen. The sympathies are always one-sided: against Israeli Jews and for Muslims. To hear some of these liberals speak, you'd think that the Palestinians - led by HAMAS - are completely without fault. Tlaib's actions regarding permission to visit her grandmother tells you how strong her hate for Israel is - she gave up seeing her grandmother because she saw it as showing Israel's humanitarian side, and she couldn't do that.
P.S. Jews learned a harsh lesson during WWII - that "going along," not putting up resistance, being peaceful, etc., leaves them with millions of dead Jews. That also informs their decision to take strong action in the face of people who would like to wipe them out to sea.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,783,080 times
May God push her into the fire pit of Hell.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:25 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,017,766 times
good piece from today about the Omar/Tlaib controversy.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...rip-to-israel/

Their trip was to have been organized by a non-profit called 'Mifta.' Omar and Tlaib had both turned down an alternative trip organized by a bi-partisan group of US House members.

Quote:
I started looking at the articles and views published on the Miftah website, and it was like peeling an onion of evil. There was layer upon layer of vile anti-Semitism.

First, the group actually published blood libel, posting an article that accused “the Jews [of using] the blood of Christians in the Jewish Passover.” When pro-Israel bloggers condemned the article, Miftah first claimed that the attacks against the piece were part of a “smear campaign” and minimized the reference to blood libel as merely “briefly addressed.”
This is the 'blood libel' of medieval times that resulted in many anti-Jewish pogroms in Europe. How long are Democrats and liberals going to continue in denial of the fact that these two are vicious and vile anti-Semites?

btw I would add that I read this conservative writer, David French, and find him to be on the order of a Michael Medved--always reasoned, moderate (sometimes to a fault), and always looking for 'kumbaya' approaches.

another good line from the piece:
Quote:
I look forward to hearing apologists argue that these statements are merely critiques of “Israeli policies.”

Old 08-17-2019, 04:33 PM

35,239 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The truth is, today’s democrat party has become a crazed shark in a feeding frenzy, biting everything in sight, including the hands that have always fed them.

They have abandoned the black community in favor of the Hispanic community. Now they are abandoning the Hispanic community in favor of illegal immigrants. In the ultimate demonstration of their self destructive natures, and absence of situational awareness, they are now abandoning the Jewish base, in favor of Muslims. The biggest problem here is, there aren’t enough illegals and Muslims to keep them in office.
I only wish that the abandoned groups, including my Jewish people, would see that these Democrats are not their buddies. And I am a lifelong, extremely liberal Democrat.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:38 PM

4,933 posts, read 2,074,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Just send Grandma a plane ticket and she can visit her kids and grand kids in the US.
....And Grandma will never leave the U.S. and with the help of Tlaib, game the American system AND the American taxpayers of all the social/financial benefits we offer.

They could have met in Italy, Greece or Turkey.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What are you talking about? Conservative Jews do not want to take in and pay for the world’s poor people. And I cant speak for all conservative Jews, but I think that they would agree that Trump’s Muslim ban was very reasonable.

Maybe the difference you are talking about, is that we don't really care about the color of the people who do come in. We just care about whether they are contributors vs takers.

Is that the difference you were talking about?
No, the difference is people who come in and majority vote for a party that constantly criticizes whites and America and wants open borders and for a party who labels white Americans xenophobic, supremacist, racist, klan and even Nazi, for not wanting open borders. It's indeterminate if their color is or isn't incidental to their support of that.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:42 PM

4,933 posts, read 2,074,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

I'm not Jewish and this is way I support Israel and her people.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:52 PM

57,424 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Once again it isn't about should, it is about could.

I agree they are far too dependent upon the US's generosity and had I my way, they would be cut off cold turkey, along with the many other mooches.

That said, these congress critters have taken delight in bashing Israel in favor of Orgs that have been enemies of Israel since their beginning. They do so while hiding behind the very flag that they demonize almost as much as they do Israel.
Countries can do many things, that doesn't mean its an intelligent decision. They support the BDS movement and that is the reason Netanyahu stopped their visit. This has caused a greater division in both countries, not much of a democracy if it can't withstand a visit from two US congresswomen, what are they afraid of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies