Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 05:58 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times

Advertisements

The Supreme Court holds Trump accountable, and agrees with him:

At Trump's request the Supreme Court allowed federal immigration authorities the right to detain immigrants awaiting deportation anytime after they have been released from prison on criminal charges.

The Supreme Court allowed Trump to divert $2.5 billion in Pentagon funds for border wall construction.

The Supreme Court allowed President Trump to enforce his policy of banning certain transgender people from the military.

The Supreme Court permitted full enforcement of Trump's travel ban for Syria, Chad, Iran, Somalia, Yemen and others already enforced.

Why does the Supreme Court agree with Trump?
Because Trump assembled part of that bench.

President Trump can do whatever he wants, and everyone is jealous to some degree of that power.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:20 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Can you identify the lies about 9/11 and Trump you are addressing?
That's not what I was referring to, but to your question, how about the TITLE OF THIS VERY THREAD!!!

You leftwits have been TAUGHT that Marxism is somehow GOOD for Humanity even though the REAL results of that wretched ideology has been proven over and over that it brings nothing but misery and DEATH when it's forced on populations!!!

Too bad if you don't like these FACTS, Ms. Canadian contrarian.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:07 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And the unhinged, desperate, delirious attacks on our president continue.
As opposed to Trump who made signing the 9/11 survivor bill about him? Come on now. Who does this? He did not invite the bill’s author, a Democrat, to the ceremony, beyond petty.

At any point in time, Trump could have made clear to Congress, “ get er done, TODAY. Instead, it was necessary for responders to beg. That it took the celebrity of Jon Stewart to testify and beg to a near empty floor to embarrass Congress to act is shameful. Two Senators voted against the bill on principle that no federal costs were cut to offset the spend. I get it. I also get this was not the bill to make this point.

On 9/11, Trump was in his tower, 4 miles away and watching TV. Unlike anyone else in the world, he “ saw thousands and thousands of Muslims celebrating on rooftops in Jersey City on 9/11” on his TV.

There is no question Trump made appearances at the site in the days and weeks following the destruction. The cameras were rolling, after all. He was at a distance and did not get dust on his blue suit.

There is no greater evidence of a political derangement syndrome, than to continuously defend, no matter how embarrassing the behavior.

I voted for Trump.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 07-30-2019 at 07:21 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 07:32 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Intriguing = lying now to liberals?
Alternative facts = lying to everyone else, except Trump supporters.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:45 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I doubt he will; but we are supposed to using intriguing thread titles

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/polit...ers/index.html

"I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder," Trump said. "But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you."

Several days after the attacks, Trump did an interview with a German news station just a few blocks from Ground Zero. And according to a Newsday report on September 14, Trump had been spotted at Ground Zero the previous day:
"The sight of Donald Trump, every hair in place and impeccably dressed in a black suit, pressed white shirt and red tie, walking into the plaza with his cellular phone to his ear.
"'No, no. The building's gone,' he says into the phone."
The point here is that there's very little evidence to back up what Trump tried to do on Monday morning. It's also not the first time he's done it.

Frankly I am not sure how Trump manages his life and what kind of people he has around. Someone must feed some 'sense' into him. He doesn't have to be everywhere. His craziness is so unbelievable! His brain is like a 3 year old! I am sure if you start talking about Holocaust and start praising someone who saved 100s of lives, he would not be quite and manage to claim somehow he was there too helping them out!!

Old 07-30-2019, 07:49 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
No, we have 3 branches of government. Checks and balances.

I'll agree. The POTUS is supposed to be the president for all of us. Not just his base.
The President DOES have more power than everyone else. He is the SINGULAR head of his branch of government. It takes 50.1% of Congress voting the same way to have an equal voice.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:58 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
"Just" because he is the President.
The President is supposed to have more power than everyone else.
The President (not just Trump, but any POTUS) still, as any employee is, is subject to being critiqued by his employer. We are his employer. Trump works for us.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Oh, I'm not ignoring this record economy, lower taxes, record unemployment for blacks and latinos, criminal justice reform via the First Step Act, renegotiating unfair trade agreements and fighting for the American worker, building a wall and fighting to secure our border, appointing constitutionalists to the federal judiciary, and the list goes on and on. Only to the Trump deranged--who like to play the race card and fight our president at every step of the way--does the notion that progress isn't being made exist.
So, does someone have to be in lockstep agreement with Trump about everything to avoid being part of the 'Trump deranged' ?

Just asking .

Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
More nonsense !!! Who comes up with these false talking points !!!
Its the language of division solving nothing !!!

Show us the President that has satisfied everyone on everything they have done !!!

Elections have consequences if people want to be represented they can get on board the issue positions and promises the elected one campaigned on !!!
No President can represent everyone on everything !!! Total bovine excrement to believe otherwise !!!

Those complaining can chose to be represented by supporting the Presidents positions !!!
All behind one, b/c one can't be behind all, or they wouldn't get elected !!! Totally impossible !!!
If the President represented everyone there wouldn't be a need for elections !!!
Anyone would do !!!
Did you do the bolded when Obama was President ?

Old 07-30-2019, 08:10 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Amazing how many people are jealous of Trump.
They despise him because he does whatever he wants.
Everyone wants to be him, but nobody has his courage.
Who want to be a 60 plus man child with a carpet on his head and a store bought wife? I might be poor but mi know my wife loves me and I have REAL friends,
The only friends people like Trump have are those who think they can make some money off of.

You must be a very shallow person to think that’s what life is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies