Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 08:38 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Responding to their smears doesn't mean I care what they think.
Yes, it does. If you didn't care, you wouldn't bring it up.

Quote:
If pro life is something I'm passionate about, it makes sense that I talk about the people who smear pro life males as sexist male pigs.
That you chose the terminology 'sexist male pigs' demonstrates the emotional tie that you have to that component, that you are hurt/offended. Patriarchal oppressor would be more accurate and more dispassionate.

Quote:
There's only one reason not to be pro abortion...that it is killing a baby.
Again, being pro-choice isn't being pro abortion, and it's a fetus, not a baby.

Quote:
Your assertion is like saying you are not pro theft but pro choice on theft. it is a cop out.
No, it isn't, as abortion and theft aren't equivalent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 08:39 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
What reason is there to be against abortion unless you think it is killing a baby.

if you have a conviction that abortion is killing a baby, then you can't be personally against abortion but cool with other people choosing to abort a baby.

Lincoln did not say he is personally against slavery but pro choice on other people owning slaves.

So if somebody falsely accuses you of murder, you would not defend yourself because if you did it means you care too much about what other people think....

Seems more likely it is because people like responding to false allegations made by other people.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
My point was the guy is pro choice and he doesn't respect women.

There is a lot of proof for that assertion.

Pro choice people have tended to describe pro life males as sexist male pigs.

I think the jury is gonna find he killed her because she wouldn't get an abortion and he didn't want a kid.

That may not be the case, perhaps he had another motive, but it is irrelevant to my observation that he's a male pig and not pro life on abortion.
Is the bolded something you made up? Or is it common terminology in pro life circles? I've never heard a man refer to other men as sexist male pigs nor male pigs.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:45 PM

4,146 posts, read 2,840,911 times
Quote:
Multiple people said he didn't want to have a kid and he was pressuring her to have an abortion.

Keep in mind this pro life 'sexist' male also supports the death penalty for the killer who had the non-sexist view on abortion according to pro choicers.
Wait, wait, “multiple people said†versus “She was really upset because she was pregnant and she had been trying to [get rid of her child] through unhealthy ways, like going out, drinking a lot and doing drugs. She was 17 weeks pregnant. She was not handling it well..."

YET, one has verifiable proof (on video!), and you still have zero proof he is pro-choice, and still the murderer is somehow proof of pro-choice being pigs while she gets a pass (I noticed you’ve been ignoring her own actions) and is a pro- life saint. Stop it, silly.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:47 PM

People who knew the guy said he was pressuring the girlfriend to have an abortion. You haven[t explained why it is logical to conclude that these people are lying or somehow got it wrong.

I never said the girlfriend was a pro life saint. You are making up strawmen arguments to debate.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
If you are encouraging the mother of your child to have an abortion, you are pro choice and cool with abortion.
I dont have a problem with this logic, I just think the bigger point everyone is making is that this guy was likely only pro choice when it affected his life.

In short, he was probably a giant hypocrite.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont have a problem with this logic, I just think the bigger point everyone is making is that this guy was likely only pro choice when it affected his life.

In short, he was probably a giant hypocrite.
You have no evidence that he ever advocated the pro life position, and if he was hypocritical on the issue he was never in reality pro life. Your true convictions come to light when they are tested.

I knew frat boys in college and most of them were pro choice for obvious reasons.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
You have no evidence that he ever advocated the pro life position, and if he was hypocritical on the issue he was never in reality pro life.

I knew frat boys in college and most of them were pro choice for obvious reasons.
You have no evidence he was pro choice before this either, and the bold is exactly why I 100% disagree with you.

Most frat boys I knew were right of center and were only pro choice when they didnt want the girls they hooked up with to get pregnant.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
What reason is there to be against abortion unless you think it is killing a baby.

if you have a conviction that abortion is killing a baby, then you can't be personally against abortion but cool with other people choosing to abort a baby.
^^^^^ And by doing so, you are also making the decision, whether you like it or not, to be a patriarchal oppressor.

Quote:
Lincoln did not say he is personally against slavery but pro choice on other people owning slaves.
^^^^^ Continuing to attempt to milk a false equivalency.

Quote:
So if somebody falsely accuses you of murder, you would not defend yourself because if you did it means you care too much about what other people think....

Seems more likely it is because people like responding to false allegations made by other people.
^^^^^ Yet another false equivalency. Being accused of being a sexist pig isn't equivalent to being accused of murder.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You have no evidence he was pro choice before this either, and the bold is exactly why I 100% disagree with you.

Most frat boys I knew were right of center and were only pro choice when they didnt want the girls they hooked up with to get pregnant.
lol yeah right

Did they go to FCA meetings on campus too

C'mon man.

I do have evidence he is pro choice...the witnesses who said he pressured her to abort the baby.

Witness testimony is admissible in court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies