Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 11:04 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

His plan is for the 95% of the people covered by Private Insurance to keep the plan and their doctor unlike Ex Pres Obama and the Democrats who want to destroy all those Options.

The real President who actually means "If you like your plan you can keep your plan, If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor".

Unlike the last Idiot in charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 11:07 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
We already know the Demwits' healthcare plan:

Free health care for illegals! Yippee!!

If you object, you are a racist!

Old 08-02-2019, 11:10 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
His plan is for the 95% of the people covered by Private Insurance to keep the plan and their doctor unlike Ex Pres Obama and the Democrats who want to destroy all those Options.

The real President who actually means "If you like your plan you can keep your plan, If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor".

Unlike the last Idiot in charge.
Pre-ACA I couldn't afford to cover my husband on my plan at work. There were years we were without insurance because it was too expensive. So no, just being covered by private insurance isn't the panacea you think it is. More than a decade ago my doctor wanted me to get an ultrasound. The insurance company said no. I didn't get it. Our healthcare system needs to be revamped. The ACA was a start, and I think we could work with that. It sure has helped us and millions of others, although I know it's very expensive for many. At least it's a start.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:12 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
He wants to put a man on Mars ? He doesn't even know where Mars is !
Are you sure HE is not Mars?

He's round, red, and there is no proven intelligent life on there....

Old 08-02-2019, 11:12 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Mainstream media will never tell you anything good this President has done or plans to do. That's why so many intelligent people WalkWay from the Dem party, which controls 90% of the media.

Lot of health related information (83 web pages of links) on the White House website

Old 08-02-2019, 11:16 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What is this thread all about?...Do you people know or should know that 91% of the American population according to the US census has some form of HC now.
So that's 27 million without - and you seem to think this is impressive?

Old 08-02-2019, 11:19 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Unfortunately, I don't see there ever being one. As a dual citizen who has lived in several countries and travelled in many, I've never heard anyone who would trade their system for that of the US.

If anything, most really feel for the Americans, who live in mortal terror of losing their jobs or die early, watch their children suffer, lose their homes, and have to resort to begging on GoFundMe, all for something that the rest of us around the developed world take for granted as a basic human right.

But the US knows nothing else, and change is scary to people, even if the change is a positive one. That's why many people stay in abusive relationships, or why lottery winners subconsciously rush to go back to being broke again.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:19 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
His plan is for the 95% of the people covered by Private Insurance to keep the plan and their doctor...
That's - not a plan. That's a declaration of intent.

In other news, my plan is to have a hot date with Brooke Shields. I haven't taken any steps towards making it happen, but hey - it's a plan!

Old 08-02-2019, 11:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Lol. Here's the new plan--get your prescription drugs from Canada because the US doesn't have the spine to put price controls on drugs here because the Swamp Monsters in Congress take too much money from the pharmaceutical companies to stand up to them.

It sounds like Trump, et. al., are too cowardly to really stand up to lobbyists for Big Pharma (and their Big Money donors) and fight them.

So Trump naively states he's going to allow importing drugs from Canada, as he hasn't a clue how the process or government works or the regulatory hurdles involved with medicine. It would take years, and again...the lobbyists and Big Pharma.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:26 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So that's 27 million without - and you seem to think this is impressive?
And that's only because the ACA still exists. Before the ACA it was closer to 15-16% being completely uninsured.

The percentage of people who had garbage insurance plans that unceremoniously dropped them the minute they made a claim was likely much higher than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies