Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 12:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Two parts disgust me the most about healthcare.

2. In many other countries, for things like an sinus or ear infection, you can simply walk into a pharmacy and the doctor will have a look with a scope, charge you 3-12 euro's for a bottle or package of anti-biotics, and you are on your way. Here it was a weeks wait to get an appointment, miss 3 hours of work for the appointment, pay a $30 copay, insurance gets billed for $135 more, then go wait at a pharmacy for another half hour, pay another $10 copay for the medicine, insurance gets billed another $35.

It's just horribly broken all around.....
Where I'm from you don't make an appointment. You just walk in the clinic, fill out a paper, and wait for your name to be called out likely in less than an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 12:21 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Two questions, re: thread title question:

1) Where in the US Constitution is "health care" an enumerated power of the federal government?

2) Where in Article 2 of the US Constitution is the making of laws the SOLE purview of the Executive branch?

Old 08-02-2019, 12:26 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Two questions, re: thread title question:

1) Where in the US Constitution is "health care" an enumerated power of the federal government?

2) Where in Article 2 of the US Constitution is the making of laws the SOLE purview of the Executive branch?
He promised a plan. Where is it?

Old 08-02-2019, 12:52 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
Trump's health plan is being audited. Until the audit is concluded Trump cannot discuss it. If this sounds familiar it is. As America waits for the health plans of all health plans we also wait to see Trump's tax returns. That ain't going to happen, but Trump will tell voters it will all magically appear if he is re-elected. If you buy that BS then I got a good deal on a nice bridge for you.

BTW, have you noticed how Trump slurring of words is getting worse and worse. Trump claims he doesn't drink. Drugs might cause it. It could be that all those tiny blood vessels in Trump's head are clogging up with all the fatty foods he eats. Watch for Trump's up and coming stroke or heart attack.
It will be the happiest funeral of all times.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:56 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Anyone dumb enough to believe a campaign promise that doesn't comport with the constitutional realities of how laws are actually made in this country deserves to have their hopes and dreams dashed.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:24 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Canada is not necessarily going to go along with that. First priority in Canada should be Canadians. If there's a demonstrable surplus of certain drugs, then maybe an arrangement can be worked out.

But in general, as much as most Canadians feel sympathy for suffering Americans, it's not Canada's problem that the US is too greedy and short-sighted to actually get out of bed with pharma lobbyists and do what's right for their own people.
The irony isn't lost to Canadians either.

Listening to US politicians, including Trump, bash Canadian healthcare, but now see us as part of a solution to US drugs prices, is...ironic.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:36 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
"When I take office, I'm going to repeal Obamacare so fast. Same day, maybe even same hour!" - Donald Trump, 2016

That was one of Trump's biggest campaign promises.

2.5 years later, Obamacare remains.
Tax returns, Mex Wall, Obamacare repeal/replace, deport millions of illegal immigrants who've been here for decades, drain swamp (has added to it - see his cabinet selections). !0,000+ documented lies and mistruths since being inaugurated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ef7fc1da6255

Old 08-02-2019, 02:54 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Where I'm from you don't make an appointment. You just walk in the clinic, fill out a paper, and wait for your name to be called out likely in less than an hour.
I have to go to a walk-in clinic that IS IN MY NETWORK if I can't wait to go to my regular doctors office. Otherwise it's not covered. Of the 3 of them I can choose from in about a 20 mile radius, I had to wait quite awhile 90 minutes and over 2 hours and still pay all the out-of-pockets and then pick up a prescription for my last two visits. When I had pneumonia in 2016 my oxygen levels were borderline to getting sent to the ER which I can't afford even with insurance, so they got me in right away.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:15 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energystream View Post
His plans consisted of words spoken about such a plan. Trump in general says things are easy to fix when they are not. I don't see how fixing this has financial benefit to him so it is likely low priority, if it even remains an afterthought in his mind.

I am willing to bet some of his base believe he has corrected the issue already. Whatever exists today has the Trump seal of approval and that is good enough.
Best job market since 1969...go get a job that offers health insurance.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
To repeal Obamacare and go back to what we had previously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies