Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So now athletes are the voice of reason? It's always interesting traveling along the pretzel-like twists of logic exhibited by Trump loyalists.
Voice of reason? Or does blunt language assail your delicate sensibilities?

Old 08-02-2019, 07:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Voice of reason? Or does blunt language assail your delicate sensibilities?
Because Damon says people "should not be so sensitive", you have to come along reiterate? I don't think Damon was blunt, but Trump was, and he is an idiot.

Yea, right, the President calls an entire city a rat infested dump, and it's really no big deal to smear everyone who lives in it. Not to the empty headed who don't live there, I guess. When Damon called himself an idiot, I have to now agree with him.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:10 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the thing. What Trump said wasn't particularly racist. What President Trump, said, however, was uncalled for. It was neither the time or the place for it. Yes, Baltimore has alot of crime, poverty, and blight. For crying out loud, The Wire and Homicide:Life On The Streets are set in Baltimore. A riot just took place there. However, Trump's comment was not done to bring attention to Baltimore. That happened by accident. Trump made that comment as a below the belt way of responding to Elijah Cummings. Baltimore has nothing to do with what Trump and Cummings were talking about: The Border Wall. Trump only brought up Baltimore because he wanted to hurt Cummings because he didn't like the way Cummings was talking to him.
C'mon man... this is grown man politics that Trump deals with everyday, and Cummings has dealt with for the past 30+ years - which has enriched his life very nicely.

If you think this is below the belt - how do you think his constituents feel hearing that the district received $15.7B dollars last year and still have to put up with those living conditions?

Old 08-02-2019, 07:14 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So why did he just single out Baltimore, it was a childish response to Cummings criticism and does absolutely nothing towards solving their problems. I've got news for you, there are many inner city neighborhoods that are dangerous, this isn't a revelation but his supporters will say this is great no one knew this until Trump came along.

So what is Trumps next step in his master plan.
That is the point all along. What Trump said was not necessary. I've been saying that Trump's comments were petulant and uncalled for. It all started with Cummings response to the border wall legislation. Trump hit below the belt.

We know there are dangerous neighborhoods. We all know that Baltimore has alot of problems. This has been well-known for years. Alot of people know about how bad Baltimore is. This is nothing new. However, there are a few things to consider.

1) When the President of the USA refers to a specific city as a dump, I wonder how the residents of that city are going to look at the President of the USA?

2) Considering the circumstances of which Trump made that comment, it can be safely said that Trump didn't make such a comment because he cares about Baltimore.

3) How is President Trump referring to Baltimore as a dump suppose to make the city any better?

Old 08-02-2019, 07:16 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
C'mon man... this is grown man politics that Trump deals with everyday, and Cummings has dealt with for the past 30+ years - which has enriched his life very nicely.

If you think this is below the belt - how do you think his constituents feel hearing that the district received $15.7B dollars last year and still have to put up with those living conditions?
We can deal with the corrupt and graft in a different thread. Baltimore was only brought up because Trump was arguing with Elijah Cummings. And thanks for trying to deflect.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:16 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Damon is an idiot. He played at Yankee Stadium. Go three blocks in any direction from Yankee Stadium and you will likely be mugged. And that is the best outcome.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:26 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
All three of these things are true:

1. Baltimore has a high crime rate and some of the low income areas have rats.
2. Jared Kushner is a Baltimore slumlord.
3. Donald Trump is a racist.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:03 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Damon is an idiot.
I mean the dude is an avowed Trump supporter.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:07 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I mean the dude is an avowed Trump supporter.
How can Johnny Damon be a Trump supporter? He's half Thai.

I guess not every minority hates Trump. He must be an Uncle Tom.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:09 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Damon is an idiot. He played at Yankee Stadium. Go three blocks in any direction from Yankee Stadium and you will likely be mugged. And that is the best outcome.
This is definitely not true, unless you also travel back to the 80s and then walk three blocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies