Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 02:56 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The shooter's manifesto used the word "invasion" several times.

https://twitter.com/natijomartinez/s...49182877458433
Well it is an invasion, I don't know what else you'd want to call it? They weren't invited here and have complete disregard for our immigration laws. This also applies to those who overstay their visa's. It doesn't matter where they come from. There is a legal process for becoming an American citizen or obtaining a green card. These people choose to ignore it. It's not about a persons race, color, creed or religion.

If you want to come to the United States to live just do it legally. It's no more complicated than that.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:00 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Well, Trump has announced his plans. It's pretty much what I would expect from him. Restrict the First Amendment, but keep the Second Amendment strong. That and lots of thoughts and prayers. Because thoughts and prayers, have been doing such a great job to solve this problem. Oh, and reopening the mental institutions, which of course he is not really going to do.

Quote:
Two days after the US was shocked by mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, the president made his first extended public statement on the attacks.
In a 10-minute White House speech, Mr Trump offered condolences, praised law enforcement and condemned the "racism, bigotry and white supremacy" he said motivated Patrick Crusias, the El Paso gunman.
"Sinister ideologies must be defeated," he said. "Hate has no place in our nation."
Those who had long pressed the president to denounce white supremacy had their pleas answered.
But critics who have called for him to address how his anti-immigration rhetoric may have given rise to that white nationalist movement will be disappointed.
Those who thought the president had offered a preview of his speech in tweets this morning linking support for expanded background checks for gun purchasers (something Democrats want and have passed in the House of Representatives) to his immigration reform (something Republicans want) will be puzzled.
Instead, Mr Trump made vague references to "great legislation" and called for an end to "destructive partisanship" after outlining a series of five proposals of various levels of detail and practicality. Here they are, and what they might mean.
El Paso and Dayton_ Does Trump's five-point plan to end gun violence make sense_ - BBC News

Old 08-05-2019, 03:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
The other right-wing terrorist, the MAGA-Bomber, was sentenced to 20 years today. The El Paso guy will likely get the death penalty unless Trump pardons him.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Well it is an invasion, I don't know what else you'd want to call it? They weren't invited here and have complete disregard for our immigration laws. This also applies to those who overstay their visa's. It doesn't matter where they come from. There is a legal process for becoming an American citizen or obtaining a green card. These people choose to ignore it. It's not about a persons race, color, creed or religion.

If you want to come to the United States to live just do it legally. It's no more complicated than that.
illegals have been sentenced for thousands of murders in the USA, yet the msm is relatively quiet about it.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:31 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The shooter's manifesto used the word "invasion" several times.

https://twitter.com/natijomartinez/s...49182877458433
the other shooter loved the false term 'concentration camps' just like ocrazio-cortex.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...72637241077760

Old 08-05-2019, 03:36 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The other right-wing terrorist, the MAGA-Bomber, was sentenced to 20 years today. The El Paso guy will likely get the death penalty unless Trump pardons him.
Texas will give him the death penalty first, then he can go on Federal trial. Rest assured, even if he gets a gold plated Federal pardon, the Walls unit will still take care of business in Huntsville.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
So you think the government is evil (putting people in cages) and you think we should all have our weapons turned in to the same evil government you think is going to protect us?

Unreal.
Where did I ever say the government was evil? Or even imply that?
Why would I ever want any of my numerous collection of firearms turned over to the government. HKs, MP5s, FN/FAL AKs and various historical WWII collector military weapons. All throughout this thread I have been saying exactly the opposite to that. That Democrats will always lose the debate when they try to take guns away. that ship has sailed and you can't put the 400 million gun genie back in the bottle.

What the hell are you smoking? Read the posts before you make a fool of yourself and try to keep up, please.

Also, to answer the statement of leaving NYC,......all throughout our history we have been a nation ruled by laws. Every law we've ever passed has been broken by someone. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't pass any laws, so that bird don't fly, IMO.

With insurance, everyone can still own any gun of their choice they just may have to pay a little bit more for it if they are considered a higher risk than someone else, who doesn't think that a trigger lock is a imposition to their 2nd amendment rights or that a locking gun cabinet is an unconstitutional imposition.

I expected those folks who are 2nd amendment absolutists would hate my proposal because they realize right off the bat that it's the one thing congress could do that would stand legal challenge and any restrictions, no matter how reasonable they are, is considered anathema to them.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

They are using the legal process. American law states that if a refugee enters America legally at a border crossing or illegally by frog jumping the Rio Grande, if they ask for asylum, they are to be processed and get a court hearing as to their asylum claim.
And don't give me the crap about nobody shows up for their hearing. 92 percent of all immigrants show up for their hearing and accept deportation if asylum is not granted. The percentage is 98% for immigrants who have an attorney. Those figures are based on the latest DOJ immigration report I linked to earlier in this thread in another post.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-05-2019 at 04:09 PM..

Old 08-05-2019, 04:02 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Jesus, Donald. What a scumbag.

Pay your bills, idiot.

https://twitter.com/publicintegrity/...67712936398849

Old 08-05-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
illegals have been sentenced for thousands of murders in the USA, yet the msm is relatively quiet about it.
Oh really? I could sure use a link to verify those thousands that you speak of. Otherwise I can show you a link from a credible government source, INS, that states that immigrants are 74% less likely to commit a crime that an American citizen is.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies