Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 07:23 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What??

Are we allowed to remove rep points?
As I said before ... a mass shooting is when 1 person kills 3 or more people in one event. So no, most of the gang violence incidents aren't "mass shootings," usually it's 1 person killing 1 person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 07:25 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As I said before ... a mass shooting is when 1 person kills 3 or more people in one event. So no, most of the gang violence incidents aren't "mass shootings," usually it's 1 person killing 1 person.
By your own definition it's far more common than any of these "mass" shootings. We can call them multiple shootings, whatever. It's still far more common.

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
was this 3rd shooter a raging leftist like the 1st two?

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
America inner cities are under attack thanks to democrats. Do I get a cookie now?
Let's get the attention back on violent black people where it belongs!

Old 08-05-2019, 07:27 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I hardly think, in the immediate wake of the tragedy in El Paso, this is a good time to be blaming liberals.
They are blaming me, even though I’m sitting in Minnesota and don’t own guns...but I’m white and I don’t drink the progressive gun control koolaid. I must be a white nationalist I guess whatever that is. I mean Don Lemon says so.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:29 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What's the point of this thread? I think it's obvious to most people that we have two separate problems:

1. Inner city gang/drug gun violence

2. White nationalist Terrorists

The causes and solutions to each are very different.
I would be very interested in hearing what your solutions are other than blaming whitey for everything.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I hardly think, in the immediate wake of the tragedy in El Paso, this is a good time to be blaming liberals.
I hardly think, in the immediate wake of the tragedies in El Paso and Dayton, this is a good time to be trying to politicize the deaths of 29 innocent people.

What we SHOULD have learned from this weekend is that political extremism can be very dangerous. Unfortunately, "see something, say something" apparently didn't work with the Dayton shooter. I can attest to it's ineffectiveness here as well.

You know, people are all about great social changes, changing the constitution, etc. etc. but how bout we start with enforcing what's already on the books? And listening to citizens who take the time to report something disturbing?

Old 08-05-2019, 07:45 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
That's not a mass shooting. It's gang violence. It's actually not a lot of shootings for a summer night.
7 people shot at once is a Mass Shooting, doesn’t matter if it’s a gang member or not.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What's the point of this thread? I think it's obvious to most people that we have two separate problems:

1. Inner city gang/drug gun violence

2. White nationalist Terrorists

The causes and solutions to each are very different.
True.

However, there is a case for rational gun control to help tamp down the urban, gang related or drug related, violence ... but the NRA is against that.

The white anxiety mass shootings are a different matter. Some people think that the answer is not rational gun control because it is a mental health problem. But the Republican party opposes national health care and offers no remedy to this supposed mental health crises, so it is nothing more than a convenient excuse for them.

Interestingly but sadly, most death by firearm is neither of these heartbreaking issues, it is suicide. In 2016 that was 63+ deaths per day, overshadowing everything else but rarely reported.

Perhaps it is a mental health issue after all, our nation has gone crazy.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:00 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,088,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Interestingly but sadly, most death by firearm is neither of these heartbreaking issues, it is suicide. In 2016 that was 63+ deaths per day, overshadowing everything else but rarely reported.

Perhaps it is a mental health issue after all, our nation has gone crazy.
Can we please stop with the apocalyptic nonsense? In a nation of 300+ million, a sizable number of folks are in fact BSC. It is foolish in the extreme to base policy decisions on the basis of actions by that tiny minority of criminally insane people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies