Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It Would Be Very Concerning if Trump Refused to Debate
Yes 23 33.82%
No 45 66.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 02:03 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times

Advertisements

Yes his base would feel cheated. Part of the reason he's President is because of how he destroys in debates. He will annihilate anything they have behind a podium right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 02:11 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Ex Dem here. They have been in a race to the extreme, some of it could be considered Left, and some just out of touch with reality. The current batch of nut cases have more in common with the Jihad squad than any normal Democrat of 10 years ago.
No doubt. Listening to them is like listening to a bunch of losers arguing over how to spend the money if they win the lottery.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:27 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Trump would not debate, he would only berate, it's his style.
Orange man bad?

Trump 2020!

Old 08-20-2019, 05:27 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There have been some comments alluding to Trump possibly not wanting to participate in the typical three debates with the future Democratic nominee. Would Trump supporters care if he refused?
Do the dem candidates have anything useful to say? So far, I haven't heard anything that makes any sense or seems logical, so listening to a lib babbling would be the last thing I would want.

Looks like Loony Liz is in the lead. Could you imagine that whack job as POTUS?

At least she would be entertaining, as she is AOC quality crazy. Our enemies would have a field day with that loon.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:40 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
1) Trumps base does not care if he debates. So that is a wash.
2) Trump is good enough debater that he should not fear it. Heck if I were him I would walk in with a pic of the Dem nominee holding up their hand for free health insurance for illegals then hang the pic from my podium.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:45 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Do the dem candidates have anything useful to say? So far, I haven't heard anything that makes any sense or seems logical, so listening to a lib babbling would be the last thing I would want.

At least she would be entertaining, as she is AOC quality crazy. Our enemies would have a field day with that loon.
This post is a brilliant exercise in Trumpian projection. Listening to Trump's constant babbling, reading Trump's insane tweets, and our enemies having a field day watching Trump divide our nation, divide our allies and sow dissension and chaos throughout the world, nails Trump.

Nobody, I MEAN NOBOBY, is crazier or a bigger lunatic than Trump.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:51 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
In reality, he should refuse to debate the nominee. Creepy Joe will likely be fed the questions beforehand and still lose the debates and election just like HRC last time.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:20 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This post is a brilliant exercise in Trumpian projection. Listening to Trump's constant babbling, reading Trump's insane tweets, and our enemies having a field day watching Trump divide our nation, divide our allies and sow dissension and chaos throughout the world, nails Trump.

Nobody, I MEAN NOBOBY, is crazier or a bigger lunatic than Trump.
Keep America Great!

Trump 2020!

Old 08-20-2019, 06:28 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

if Warren debates Trump, He will probably have a group of Tribal leaders sitting in the front row! That would be epic

Old 08-20-2019, 06:37 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Trump lives for the spotlight and he is so good when he goes off the teleprompter or off the hammered in talking point scripts that so many politicians rely on. Granny Warren can talk up an angry torrent or regurgitated talking points but when she has to go off the cuff she is like a deer in the headlights.

I think Trump is looking forward to the debates and it would be a shame if he skips them but who could blame him for doing so when we all know that no matter what he says it will be twisted by the Lefty media to no end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies