Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2019, 06:50 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times

Advertisements

None of my business.

We are all humans. Love is love. Love unconditionally and treat everyone with respect.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:54 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times
I am a Christian (Southern Baptist/Church of God). The Bible says Homosexuality is against God's will, so I think it's unnatural and wrong. I also live in America and respect it's laws. We are taught to hate sin but love the sinner. I do not harass, condemn, or judge those that I disagree with, but I don't support them either. I try to live by the Golden rule, and treat everyone with respect. I believe there are only two genders, marriage is only between a man and a woman, and abortion is wrong. Only God judges man, it is not my place to impose my will on others. I don't hate anyone, and I never intentionally hurt anyone, but I don't care for the seemingly constant bombardment of the 'gay lifestyle'.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
None of my business.

We are all humans. Love is love. Love unconditionally and treat everyone with respect.
^^^ this. It's really not that hard.

Old 08-31-2019, 07:35 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Neither.. and not my business. To each his/her own.

Old 08-31-2019, 11:23 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I have no issue with homosexuality. I want them to be as happy as the next man or woman. May all of God's blessings be bestowed upon them and their lives. But I will say this...I have met my fair share of gay men over the years...who've had issues with containing their sexual lust for strangers. Like myself for example. I've had some pretty uncomfortable experiences over the years. From a gym that I used to work out at.. too other areas of my life where I have encountered gay men or gay couples. I will spare you the details. And this is not all of them by any means. I know men can wear their lust on their sleeves for women....I'll say no more at this point. I'm sure u catch my drift.

Yeah, welcome to our world.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-31-2019, 12:51 PM

135 posts, read 90,020 times
If two adults of the same gender have a romantic relationship, why would I care?

They aren't hurting anybody and my life isn't affected by it.

I'm not pro-gay or anti-gay. It just doesn't matter to me.

That said, I don't like the ones who make a big deal out of it and are obnoxious, but that is because I don't like obnoxious people in general.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:55 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Homosexuality is mentioned/condemned in several books in the Old and New Testament. I attack no one, why should you attack me? I only said what I believe and why make my choice. If someone else (or you) believes different than me, so be it, it is between them (or you) and God.
It was an honest question. Why does homosexuality get such disparate treatment compared to other sins by so many Christians? Are you aware of the context of those Leviticus quotes referring to abomination as a prohibition of male temple prostitutes and the English translation is disputed? Why don’t Jews condemn homosexuality so fervently despite the fact that they are essentially still living the Old Testament?

Why is it made into such a boogeyman? Why is hate for homosexuality also so often coming from people engaged in sloth and gluttony? Just self hate and they’re the scapegoats to project onto?

Collectively they act as if Jesus was quoted directly in the Bible saying they should be called out for special treatment. I personally don’t know how anyone reads the Bible and comes away with that rather than to approach everyone with love.

Last edited by notnamed; 08-31-2019 at 01:08 PM..

Old 08-31-2019, 02:53 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
Is it something to be ashamed of? Proud of? Or neither of those?

Could care less! Why should you tell someone who you have sex with?

Old 08-31-2019, 02:56 PM

732 posts, read 391,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
Is it something to be ashamed of? Proud of? Or neither of those?

Neither. I think it's just a peculiar subset of humanity.

Like having a foot fetish, it's nothing I'd advertise, but shouldn't be illegal.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:24 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Neither. I think it's just a peculiar subset of humanity.

Like having a foot fetish, it's nothing I'd advertise, but shouldn't be illegal.
Homosexuality isn't a paraphilia/fetish I don't think you can compare the 2. It's also about romantic and emotional attraction. And in my opinion it is nothing to be ashamed of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.