Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 08:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
...I'm just wondering why his presidential bid apparently didn't gain much traction...
Probably mostly due to him being a relatively unknown Congressman outside of his immediate vicinity. Which in NO WAY means he's doing a bad job in his current position.

How many members of the House can you name off the top of your head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 08:30 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How many members of the House can you name off the top of your head?
Well, let's see . . . there's Elijah Cummings, my representative, who is currently deceased. His empty chair is doing a better job at representing my interests than he ever did. There's Seth Moulton in Massachusetts' 6th District . . . yeah, that's about all I can think of off hand . . .

But seriously, how does one gain name recognition? What can Rep. Moulton do to broaden his profile on the national stage? (Assuming that he wants to try again in the future.) Whether or not I'd ever vote for him, I can't say. I haven't the slightest idea where he falls on the liberal-conservative spectrum, but given that he's a Democrat in Massachusetts, I'm assuming he's more to the left than I'd prefer. But in any case, I'd at least be willing to consider him, given that he seems like a reasonably normal human being. And honestly, I think our country would be a lot better off if the electorate were able to choose between two or more reasonably normal human beings for the presidency.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:48 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Whether or not I'd ever vote for him, I can't say. I haven't the slightest idea where he falls on the liberal-conservative spectrum, but given that he's a Democrat in Massachusetts, I'm assuming he's more to the left than I'd prefer. But in any case, I'd at least be willing to consider him, given that he seems like a reasonably normal human being.
OK, so I was curious, and I checked out his Facebook page. He lists his positions on various issues, and it turns out that I disagree with him on almost all of them. So now I know, I wouldn't be voting for him, assuming he were still in the race.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:51 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
Who? Never heard of him!

Old 12-18-2019, 02:25 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
OK, so I was curious, and I checked out his Facebook page. He lists his positions on various issues, and it turns out that I disagree with him on almost all of them. So now I know, I wouldn't be voting for him, assuming he were still in the race.
Moulton's positions line up very well with those of most of his constituents. While he was running for the presidency, he was very open about his positions and the had the willingness to stick with them. Would he have made a good President? He probably would have been as good as anyone else.

I'm guessing he will run for Senate if a position opens or perhaps for MA Governor in 2022.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies