Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 08:05 AM

639 posts, read 972,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nobody plants corn in Arizona. Peddle your apocalyptic message elsewhere.
Going to need you to do some research before you post things like this. Corn is one of the top 5 in the state of AZ. There are cornfields in every town. We have large ones within 3 miles of our current home and have had them around us in every area we've lived here (major cities, not farming areas).

Look up the five c's of Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 08:31 AM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
I lived in Phoenix for 2 years, and my best friend has lived there for 24 years. 115 isn't unusual, it's July/Aug. Always in the 110s during summer, like mid-June to mid-Spe and the city goes about life just fine. My hottest day when I lived there was in summer of 99 and I recall 124 degF, and I went to work, was outside, etc.

Yuma tends to run about 2-3 degF hotter than Phoenix on average, and 120+ in Yuma is common.

Palm Springs and Vegas both get that hot all the time and it doesn't stop life from happening.

It's nonsense. Yeah, nothing happens in Phoenix for two whole months. Sure.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:38 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I lived in Phoenix for 2 years, and my best friend has lived there for 24 years. 115 isn't unusual, it's July/Aug. Always in the 110s during summer, like mid-June to mid-Spe and the city goes about life just fine. My hottest day when I lived there was in summer of 99 and I recall 124 degF, and I went to work, was outside, etc.

Yuma tends to run about 2-3 degF hotter than Phoenix on average, and 120+ in Yuma is common.

Palm Springs and Vegas both get that hot all the time and it doesn't stop life from happening.

It's nonsense. Yeah, nothing happens in Phoenix for two whole months. Sure.
Well, the source is Rolling Stone... Op could have started this thread with a review of 'Sharknado' with little noticeable difference!

Old 09-01-2019, 06:11 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Human beings have lived for thousands of years in hostile environments that were dangerously cold or hot and survived. They stay in place and adapt or migrate to more hospitable places. We're a pretty hard species. Civilizations collapse. Millions perish. Some of us will still be around even in the harshest conditions.
That's what I'm desperately trying to do. I can't take the weather anymore. I just don't know how to make enough money. I can't take another December here because then I'll get sick all over again due to the bitter cold wind.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Or the right wing fact denial thread. Either way
Denial of alarmists?

Old 09-01-2019, 11:42 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
That's it, no more electricity, paper, garbage collection, etc for Phoenix until they fix their global warming by sending me their cash money... Ironically, that's what liberals propose... Luckily we took away their guns so they can't fight back....

Old 09-02-2019, 12:14 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
No, you are going to continue living inside with your air conditioning set on maximum cool. I'm from the Four Corners and I've spent plenty of time in both Phoenix and Tucson. These cities grow hotter every year and where once the average temp in Phoenix in the summer was around 94 degrees, temperatures of 100 degrees and up have now become common. It doesn't cool down that much at night as it once did either. Now night time lows in Phoenix get down to only 90 degrees and air conditioners hum along around the clock. I lived my entire life in the SouthWest and the changes are obvious.

The other fun thing that residents of Phoenix and the rest of Arizona are dealing with and that is only getting worse is drought. The level of the water stored in Lake Mead only continue to drop and the threat of reaching deadpool is a real possibility. Finally, for the first time ever, Arizona does not get to draw any water from the Colorado River thanks to the severe drought that has gripped the SouthWest for almost 20 years now.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in Phoenix. That city is a disaster waiting to happen.
If you are referring to the average maximum summer temperature in Phoenix, it has been over 100 degrees F for quite a while.

I also recall a minimum temperature of that city at 99 degrees F about 30 years ago.

Also, the record high temp (122 degrees) was back in the 1990s. Phoenix has always been hot!

Old 09-02-2019, 12:26 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Guess what? It's a desert. It does get hot in deserts, and did so long before the days of Henry Ford.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:04 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Global warming means a couple degrees. We can handle that. It is the perturbations in weather systems - the storms, the droughts , the freezes, the changing ocean currents etc that will destroy us.
Well, you have to go somehow.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:05 AM

17,673 posts, read 6,928,439 times
The alarmists are busy spreading fear and panic in an effort to win political elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies