Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 06:21 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times

Advertisements

If so why Texas allows guns in Churches? It does not look like they have much faith in prayers over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 06:23 PM

17,631 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Liberals love nothing more than mocking and belittling things they don’t understand. They’re basically schoolyard bullies, but dumber.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals love nothing more than mocking and belittling things they don’t understand. They’re basically schoolyard bullies, but dumber.
Could it be said that God is mocking all those who pray to stop these mass shootings and yet still allows a classroom of children to be shot to death.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:27 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Now, I know that leftists like to mock prayer and those who pray, but do tell us what gun control measure either being pushed by Democrats or that have a prayer of passing would have prevented this shooting?
Theres alot of thing the democrats could pass that would prevent this, its just a matter of if their donors would allow it.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Theres alot of thing the democrats could pass that would prevent this, its just a matter of if their donors would allow it.
I don't think the Democrats will have a problem from their donors. Republicans....a whole different story.

This table lists candidates receiving money from NRA

Old 09-02-2019, 06:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Could it be said that God is mocking all those who pray to stop these mass shootings and yet still allows a classroom of children to be shot to death.
Assuming there was a god he would be angry and watchful and make many more of these happen.

But since that is not the case, HUMAN will allow many more of these to happen.

If there was every a turning point in the USA when things went from bad to hopeless, it was the "OK, that's just part of life" acceptance of Newtown and Parkland and Las Vegas......any nation that lets its children be slaughtered is very sick.

It's safe to say just that one thing puts us FAR down the list of civilized and advanced countries.

Most Americans wouldn't care if there were 10 million guns or 50 million. BUT, they should care more that the marketing, culture, and 300 Million guns..and their pols (GOP) have said it's just well and fine for children to be killed in bulk.

I'd say we have reached "Peak Sickness" - although we can always get sicker.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
What you say isn't wrong.

I live in a Buddhist majority country. By majority it is about 90% of the native population. My friend is a psychologist, also an ex-pat like I am. He is also profoundly liberal although he claims that he is only progressive...

He never misses an opportunity to make fun of Buddhists, their beliefs or their ceremonies. He hates all religions . His wife like mine is a devout Buddhist. They do their weekend Temple runs. I normally stay home, but my friend always goes. He then comes back and mocks the entire event.

I asked him why he married a devout Buddhist if he has such a problem with it?

Further evidence of his psychosis is that he is a devout Patriots fan. At least in his defense he is consistent. He condemns Muslims and Christians equally, unlike many on this forum whom seem to think that Muslims should be a protected class.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
The definition of insanity = " doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. "
~ Albert Einstein
You mean like liberals and gun control?

Old 09-02-2019, 06:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
God has nothing to do with any of it.

It could be said that in the majority of cases of actual mass shooters. Meaning the kind that plotted and planned their crimes, not the drunk at the party and started shooting type.

Most of these mass shooters that planned their event then carried it out, had enablers.
People who knew that something was wrong but did nothing. That includes the damned shrinks. Parents who watched little Johnny exhibit all the warning signs and yet made excuses for him. Co-workers who were at some level afraid of Johnny, but didn't say anything.

It really isn't a lot different than inner-city mentality that it's better to live with thugs than cooperate with the police. The none of my business mentality..... Yeah the none of my business types sure have a lot to say after the fact.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:46 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What a maroon....Prayers do nothing.

https://www.wagmtv.com/content/news/...559169201.html
Most would disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies