Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 03:19 AM

3,848 posts, read 1,791,151 times

Advertisements

Some thoughts on tonights debate:

1.) Jorge Ramos is all about illegals, why was he invited? Also his English seriously needs improvement, it was hard to understand him.

2.) Joe Bidens closing statement was heartfelt. He did overcome a lot personally. And I totally got what he was trying to say about playing the radio or record player in the evening. Songs teach children words, he could have also said read to your children and buy them books.

3.) Julian Castro unfairly attacking Biden on his memory was a low blow especially when it was fact checked and Julian was the one misrepresenting what Biden said.

4.) Yang offering money seems like he wants to buy votes.

5. I like Bernie, but he looked and sounded exhausted.

6.) Elizabeth Warren has a couple good ideas, don't know a lot about her policies.

Everyone else didn't really stand out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 04:29 AM

934 posts, read 403,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post

Really?
He wants to win by buying 10 votes? His math is good enough not to think that way.

Yang wants to gather additional information about how UBI works on a monthly basis.
He also wants to popularize UBI. And his candidature, since media have been very busy suppressing it. He did fine in the debate.

Re debate
Admit I watched only about half of it or so. From what I've seen:

Castro's pathetic attempt to make Joe look senile, ew. Ok, Joe is not on the top of his game, but that was lame and consistent with Castro brother's attempt to media lynch Trump supporters, which backfired and so will this.

Amy sounds very well prepared and competent. So does Liz.

Even Joe was not bad in the first half at least. I heard he fumbled his way through the second, will watch.

Kamala, surprisingly, sounded better than before. A little better and that refers to the part where she talked about her experience.

People say Booker is a good guy, but to me every word he says sounds fake and there is much grandstanding. Same goes for Beto. I don't know how this guy is for Texans but doesn't sound like somebody who is able to prioritize the issues.

Bernie needs to see his otorhinolaryngologist, yesterday. Buttigieg - I need to see the rest of the debate.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:41 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
MRPGA
Make Record Players Great Again!
Nobody is discussing it on this thread, but that gaffe is getting played up all over social media

Old 09-13-2019, 04:52 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:

1.) Jorge Ramos is all about illegals, why was he invited? Also his English seriously needs improvement, it was hard to understand him.

2.) Joe Bidens closing statement was heartfelt. He did overcome a lot personally. And I totally got what he was trying to say about playing the radio or record player in the evening. Songs teach children words, he could have also said read to your children and buy them books.

3.) Julian Castro unfairly attacking Biden on his memory was a low blow especially when it was fact checked and Julian was the one misrepresenting what Biden said.

6.) Elizabeth Warren has a couple good ideas, don't know a lot about her policies.

It was a low-blow and upsetting, but the fact that Biden didn't defend himself well and attack Castro back for clearly lying was equally disappointing. If he is the nominee that faces Trump, there will be all kinds of low blows and lies thrown his way. He needs to display the scrappy, Scranton demeanor/personality he once had. Sadly, I think at his age (no fault of his own), it is gone for good.

Kamala Harris, Castro, and DeBlasio have all wrongfully attacked Joe really hard on the debate stage, and unfortunately, he looked pretty weak. No real fight back or defense. There's only so much we can feel sorry for Biden and say it was unfair or low blows. Biden needs to defend himself out there.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:07 AM

10,773 posts, read 4,353,901 times
“I stand with Barack Obama all eight years – good, bad, and indifferent,”.....Wow, even Obama's VP isn't impressed.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:21 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Didn't watch the thing myself. This sounds like a good synopsis.
Here is a quick recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatCC9McRi8

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times
Default Did you see the Democratic Debate Last Nite Are There Any Normal Democrats Left

Main points:

Taking away Guns from the American people

Our new official language Spanish

Wide open borders

Elizabeth Warren: dodging middle class Tax(translation she’s raising your taxes up big!)

Eliminating private insurance

Buttigieg Basically calling half the country incorrigible racists

Karmas Harris low class comment making fun of presidents Trump man hood. And the unprofessional moderators all laughing about it especially little George.

IMHO...with these Bozos, Trump wins re election hands down.

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; 09-13-2019 at 05:40 AM..

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Warren sounds strong. Like her or not, she's smart and is principled.
I don't really like her, but I 100% agree with this comment. She won't get my vote in a primary, but would easily get it if running in a general against trump (as would anyone).

Didn't watch the debate last night.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:22 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,342,240 times
No, but I'm sure I'll have to hear soundbites from it for days to come.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:26 AM

59,109 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:

"Elizabeth Warren has a couple good ideas, don't know a lot about her policies."

Why NOT? She has been spouting them off since the LAST election.

And WE are called the uneducated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies