Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 08:36 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Since WWII, the economy has always done better under the leadership of Democrats.

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/in...can-presidents
You probably weren't around for the 80's. After Carter tanked the country, Reagan brought us back from the brink.

Your not around, or entirely lucid now either. Because we have the strongest economy IN THE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY right now, under Trump.

The internet search engines are covering for the lefties also, just like the media. Google, Yahoo, and many others LIE.

CN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 08:40 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
All in all it was a very sad evening if you, like me, see the Trump presidency as an existential threat to American democracy. The sad fact: all of these candidates have major issues come next fall. Biden is clearly not up to the task. He is mentally in decline. He is lying about his record. While Trump is too, whataboutism is not going to cut it next November. You can't attack Trump for unsuitability or lying if you are the same or worse. The next two Warren and Sanders are too far left in a centrist America, even one that is fed up with Trump. Yes, we want health care reform - major - but open borders? Reparations? Get real. Harris is more like the American majority, but she can't seem to catch fire no how. She would rip Trump to pieces in a debate and that astute political observer, Steve Bannon, claimed she would beat Trump. But Dems are just not going her direction right now and the kooky system we have letting people in Iowa and SC determine who are candidates will be is not much help. Maybe a white knight (no racial thing here, just an expression) will emerge and put this whole matter to rest. But as it stands today, things do not look good.
I disagree. People have had it up to here with Trump's dishonesty, immaturity, ego, megalomania, chaotic brain, temper tantrums, making policy based on emotion, refusal to hire good people, nepotism, making us a laughing stock of the world, cozying up to dictators, insulting and disrespecting every single person he perceives has slighted him, stealing money from the taxpayers, lying like a 5-year old, immorality, abnormality as a person-nevermind a president, weaponizing the DOJ, indecisiveness, crudeness, ignorance--people are just exhausted and annoyed by the guy.

It is too early to know who the candidate will be, and frankly, any of the Dems on the stage would be better than Trump. And I disagree. Biden/Warren or Biden/Harris could definitely defeat Trump--people want him gone and to return to a sense of stability and normality from insanity. The mistake the GOP could make is to underestimate just how much people dislike Trump.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:46 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
I didn't waste my time watching the "debates". ALL the Dim candidates lost me when, in a previous debate, they all held up their hand when asked if they would give illegal immigrants free health care. I have to pay for mine.

President Trump is clearly a better option than any of the Left Wing Loony Toons the Dims are offering. If you can't see that you should not be allowed to vote.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:46 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I disagree. People have had it up to here with Trump's dishonesty, immaturity, ego, megalomania, chaotic brain, temper tantrums, making policy based on emotion, refusal to hire good people, nepotism, making us a laughing stock of the world, cozying up to dictators, insulting and disrespecting every single person he perceives has slighted him, stealing money from the taxpayers, lying like a 5-year old, immorality, abnormality as a person-nevermind a president, weaponizing the DOJ, indecisiveness, crudeness, ignorance--people are just exhausted and annoyed by the guy.
People like you maybe... the rest of us have good jobs, lower taxes, increased income and a President who is appointing good judges to federal courts all over the nation as a blistering pace.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:50 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:

Hate to burst your bubble but normal people don't care about this. They care about how they are doing financially. The rest is just noise.

As they say, "It's the economy, Stupid."

Old 09-13-2019, 08:53 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
You probably weren't around for the 80's. After Carter tanked the country, Reagan brought us back from the brink.

Your not around, or entirely lucid now either. Because we have the strongest economy IN THE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY right now, under Trump.

The internet search engines are covering for the lefties also, just like the media. Google, Yahoo, and many others LIE.

CN
Well, if you don't consider the United States Congress Joint Economic Committee a reputable source then I don't have anything else to say to you. Except that Trump is riding the coattails of the Obama economic recovery. Cheers.

Here is the source:

"The Joint Economic Committee (JEC) was created when Congress passed the Employment Act of 1946. Under this Act, Congress established two advisory panels: the President's Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) and the Joint Economic Committee. Their primary tasks are to review economic conditions and to recommend improvements in economic policy.

Chairmanship of the Committee alternates between the Senate and House every Congress."

Old 09-13-2019, 08:54 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
All in all it was a very sad evening if you, like me, see the Trump presidency as an existential threat to American democracy. The sad fact: all of these candidates have major issues come next fall. Biden is clearly not up to the task. He is mentally in decline. He is lying about his record. While Trump is too, whataboutism is not going to cut it next November. You can't attack Trump for unsuitability or lying if you are the same or worse. The next two Warren and Sanders are too far left in a centrist America, even one that is fed up with Trump. Yes, we want health care reform - major - but open borders? Reparations? Get real. Harris is more like the American majority, but she can't seem to catch fire no how. She would rip Trump to pieces in a debate and that astute political observer, Steve Bannon, claimed she would beat Trump. But Dems are just not going her direction right now and the kooky system we have letting people in Iowa and SC determine who are candidates will be is not much help. Maybe a white knight (no racial thing here, just an expression) will emerge and put this whole matter to rest. But as it stands today, things do not look good.
I think they need to pick Biden or at least Warren. The Dems need large voter turnout in minority communities. That’s how Obama and Bill did so well. Call it racist, but I don’t see blacks and latinos turning out in high numbers to vote for a gay guy, an Asian, or a prosecutor.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:55 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:

It is too early to know who the candidate will be, and frankly, any of the Dems on the stage would be better than Trump. And I disagree. Biden/Warren or Biden/Harris could definitely defeat Trump--people want him gone and to return to a sense of stability and normality from insanity. The mistake the GOP could make is to underestimate just how much people dislike Trump.
I whole-heartedly agree that any of them would be an improvement and would get my vote. But the reason Trump is in there, and the way he remains there is lack of enthusiasm among Democrats and INDs. The right wing has been put on edge by decades now of race-baiting, xenophobia, exaggerated cultural distinction, and victimhood. They will turn out. We just saw this on Tuesday in NC-9. Dems and anti-Trump others failed to vote in anywhere near the numbers of 2018, but the Trumpers were there in force. The middle and the left are pretty much personality driven. Give them an Obama and they come out in droves. Give them a Kerry and they stay home. I don't see an Obama anywhere (except Michelle) in the Dem stable. In fact it looks dismal in terms of voter motivation. It's going to take more than disgust with Trump to move them. Without a rock star, I fear that Trump wins again with a minority of votes but an electoral victory.

I hope I am wrong, but the Dems could end up handing it to Trump with another lack luster candidate who can't motivate their own base. and turns off the middle.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:55 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I didn't waste my time watching the "debates". ALL the Dim candidates lost me when, in a previous debate, they all held up their hand when asked if they would give illegal immigrants free health care. I have to pay for mine.
And THIS is what's going to sink the Democrats come election time. Forget the BS pro-ILLEGAL immigration stance the MSM keeps peddling, the majority of folks on the Right AND Left are vehemently against illegal immigration and sure as hell do not like footing the bill for these people to be here. FACT!

Old 09-13-2019, 09:02 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I think they need to pick Biden or at least Warren. The Dems need large voter turnout in minority communities. That’s how Obama and Bill did so well. Call it racist, but I don’t see blacks and latinos turning out in high numbers to vote for a gay guy, an Asian, or a prosecutor.
She's clearly got problems right now, but I think the one who will win against Trump is Harris. Blacks may not love her just yet, but when given the choice of a black woman as president and a racist like Trump they will turn out in numbers like no one thought possible. Younger people will get behind her too. And she will be a firebrand in debate reducing Trump to a sniffling, confused hunk of jello. She has to survive IA, and SC, but after that things can open up for her as the others fall out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies