Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 09:20 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times

Advertisements

More hurt feelings from a bitter flake who couldn't handle rejection or being played. Living in a bubble and expecting everyone to treat your fragile emotions as a priority. We all get burned in relationships from time to time, it's not a crime. Learn from it, grow from it, and move on with your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 09:21 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Oh! So sex without clear “verbal or physical” consent is rape...who would be angry about that?
(MU- Which part is about about dinner?)
What exactly is clear "physical" consent? And more importantly, this consent is again just between the parties about to have sex. And if there are any disagreements later, how would either party prove to persecution that there was no consent. This is again a case of she said/he said. Only if they can't agree that there was no clear consent the man will most likely go to jail. This again is a case of man hating Feminist mafia trying to use its power to humiliate men.

I think the previous standard about violence is much clearer and less open to interpretation.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:25 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Sweden's current majority controlling party has made feminism a main priority and focus. I believe there are a many things we can learn from a foreign country's politics but I do not agree with a lot of the feminist driven politics lately that has consumed Sweden. Yes... feminism gone to far is no longer about equality. The other side is that someone posted that they have a high rate of rape.. so it could be a reaction to that statistic. They also have a higher representation of females in the government which is not necessarily a bad thing.
I think man hating Feminist mafia in power in any country has only one goal. That goal is to hurt and humiliate men and gave all advantages they can think of to a woman. They don't care about the equality at all.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:53 AM

3,145 posts, read 1,602,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Sort of. Food companies deceive us all the time with ads making it look juicier than it really is, but it hardly seems accurate to say that we were force-fed.

Similarly, a partner may be misleading with regard to motive but that hardly makes it "rape".
Not the same thing as consent isn't required for a food purchase and certain things are mandated on the label such as percentage of actual fruit in fruit juice. On the other hand, any medical procedure (which is considered an assult on the body) requires an informed consent.

I think requiring written informed consent is a good idea considering the intimacy physical contact and exchanging bodily fluids.

This isn't about hurt feelings. The principal is that no one has the right to touch your body in an intimate way. They may only do so with your consent. For example, years ago when I was in a store, a stranger pinched my butt. Where my feelings hurt? No. But this person had no right to touch me without my permission and it was a physical assault.

Similarly, if you meet someone who wants sex, there should be permission in the way of consent. If the other party gives permission because the consent was under false pretenses, i.e., an intent of a relationship, engagement, etc. or perhaps the other party said they did not have any STD's, in my opinion there should be a legal remedy if it can be proven that the person mislead or lied in order to have sex.

Last edited by Maddie104; 09-18-2019 at 11:44 AM..

Old 09-18-2019, 11:29 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Let me guess, this goes only one way, right?

Old 09-18-2019, 12:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Not the same thing as consent isn't required for a food purchase and certain things are mandated on the label such as percentage of actual fruit in fruit juice. On the other hand, any medical procedure (which is considered an assult on the body) requires an informed consent.

I think requiring written informed consent is a good idea considering the intimacy physical contact and exchanging bodily fluids.

This isn't about hurt feelings. The principal is that no one has the right to touch your body in an intimate way. They may only do so with your consent. For example, years ago when I was in a store, a stranger pinched my butt. Where my feelings hurt? No. But this person had no right to touch me without my permission and it was a physical assault.

Similarly, if you meet someone who wants sex, there should be permission in the way of consent. If the other party gives permission because the consent was under false pretenses, i.e., an intent of a relationship, engagement, etc. or perhaps the other party said they did not have any STD's, in my opinion there should be a legal remedy if it can be proven that the person mislead or lied in order to have sex.
There is an existing legal remedy for lying about STD status. A guy in MD just got convicted for lying about being HIV positive.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/frederic...o-be-sentenced

There is not and should not be a remedy for what amounts to hurt feelings at the end of the day.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:24 PM

3,145 posts, read 1,602,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
There is an existing legal remedy for lying about STD status. A guy in MD just got convicted for lying about being HIV positive.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/frederic...o-be-sentenced

There is not and should not be a remedy for what amounts to hurt feelings at the end of the day.
Yes I know about HIV but what about other STD's? As I said, not about hurt feelings. In fact, it's immaterial whether feelings are hurt or not as I pointed out in my example. It's about consent under false pretenses.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:33 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
"No one is ready to have that conversation yet..." because it's ridiculous.

I swear these people are getting dumber by the day.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:20 PM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
My take on this would be that anyone crazy enough to come up with this theory is very likely to have had a string of people sour on her as the crazy started to come out later in the relationship.

The whole concept is really creepy of the "you can't leave, or I'll have you arrested" variety.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:35 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
It's only a matter of time until paying for sex becomes less risky than having it for free. We're halfway there as it is.

"Paying" charge -- 12-month misdemeanor sentence, fellow inmates simply hate you.

Rape charge -- 25-year felony sentence, fellow inmates put you through hell.

That, or flying to Nevada, where it's legal. I can totally see the McCarran Airport getting inundated with out-of-state Timothys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies