Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 08:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMan View Post
Trump is thin skinned, too quick to react, probably not very diplomatic but at no time in our history has the press treated a president so unfairly. This nothing burger impeachment #17 illustrates my point. The MSM and the Democrats are in lock step with each other, and that's disgraceful. After reading the transcript with the Ukrainian president I have more questions about Biden and his son Hunter's deals in Ukraine, not Trumps. Will we get answers from the press or will it be swept under the rug, like it was 3 years ago?
Don't you want to hear the Whistleblower before you put all your eggs in one basket of the media being unfair to him? Honestly it is the same as Obama but from the other side. The otherside needs to vilify the president and that is nothing new. Goldwater did that so did Buckley. Then again they had decorum, Jones and Beck are no Buckley and Trump ain't no Goldwater and not in policy...

As for answers, CNN was more than fair to Trump by having him interview virtually every week as Republican candidate for nominee. They were as fair to Trump as they were for Hillary. Nobody talks about that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don't watch TV.

As to the maniac, all I need to know has come straight out of his pie hole. He admitted to the crime in this case (soliciting foreign interference in an election).

You would think any idiot who had just been investigated by a special counsel for 2 years over election interference allegations wouldn't be so idiotic as to go back to the well again for MORE FOREIGN ELECTION INTERFERENCE!

How you people can continue supporting this maniac is astonishing, but yes I can't see any way he has captured your loyalty so blindly unless you literally can't see the wrongdoing. Why can't you see it? Partisan blinders or low info discernment skills would have to be my guess.
Exactly. I doubt this is trolling the libs like most Trump crap is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You're right, and I'm afraid he is trolling the democrats right now. I think Trump really wants to be impeached, and is trying to goad the Dems into it. He sees how being impeached increased Clinton's numbers and backfired on Newt Gingrich and Co. He knows the Senate would never convict him. His transcript with the Ukrainian leader must contain something bad enough to get the House to impeach, but not so bad that the Senate would be compelled to convict.
I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I would say that the verbal abuse and lack of respect is probably like that experienced by Lincoln during his presidency.

The media, given it is a left wing propaganda unit, treats conservatives very poorly. Part of the terrible treatment of Trump is due to poor leadership among the dems. Reagan had Tip O'Neil, who would actually work with the president, while Trump has Pelosi, who is a nitwit.

The dems have become more and more radicalized over time that I would assume that they will continue to refuse to work with any elected republican official. That has been their MO and it only appears to be getting worse. Dems want 100% absolute control and cannot tolerate ANY dissention, like other totalitarians.
The dems are radical because they saw the Republicans do the same and win in the 2010's with a father right pull. That proves the country don't want moderates in most cases. Except more red states like Arizona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Think about some of the persons who are his staunchest supporters. Said persons tend to be nativist. Trump just says things that they want to hear.
Yep look at all the crap they are saying with this being a nothing burger.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:23 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelateTransform View Post
I agree with Mr. Trump. The treatment is TERRIBLE. I am amazed it hasn't broken him. I never thought I'd feel bad for a billionaire. It's very very disrespectful. If you don't like him, vote him out. But what;s been going on is truly shameful.
Did you feel the same shame the way Prez Obama was treated ? Please

Old 09-26-2019, 06:14 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,070,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

Obama was given the kid-grove treatment. Worse president in US history treated like he was the best.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:36 AM

171 posts, read 109,567 times
Like my Pop told us growing up "Act like an A-hole, get treated like an A-hole"

Old 09-26-2019, 06:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
why would they? 0bama was treated like a saint, especially by the media.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:02 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Lincoln didn't fare too well, either.
Correct but i wanted to keep it within the last 70 years or so..

Old 09-27-2019, 07:18 AM

225 posts, read 144,590 times
Default Personal animas, vitriol in politics nothing new

Personal animas/vitriol nothing new in politics. Lincoln had the very survival of the republic to contend with. President Lincoln was ruthlessly attacked/belittled, yet his legacy is held in highest esteem by generations of Americans. President Trump would be well served addressing his moral compass and critical thinking skills as opposed to Twitter whining and watching copious amounts of TV, choosing programming that supports/soothes his self-esteem. So much rancor over who voted for who and why one or other side is wrong is connected to self-esteem issues and critical thinking skills. Difficult for anyone to come to terms their vote was not in our countries best interests. As usual history will be judge on this administration - not CNN/Fox News or any highly paid media celebrity pundit.

Last edited by trouillot; 09-27-2019 at 07:45 AM..

Old 09-27-2019, 08:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouillot View Post
Personal animas/vitriol nothing new in politics. Lincoln had the very survival of the republic to contend with. President Lincoln was ruthlessly attacked/belittled, yet his legacy is held in highest esteem by generations of Americans. President Trump would be well served addressing his moral compass and critical thinking skills as opposed to Twitter whining and watching copious amounts of TV, choosing programming that supports/soothes his self-esteem. So much rancor over who voted for who and why one or other side is wrong is connected to self-esteem issues and critical thinking skills. Difficult for anyone to come to terms their vote was not in our countries best interests. As usual history will be judge on this administration - not CNN/Fox News or any highly paid media celebrity pundit.
History won't look good on Trump at all. Nixon had far more redeemable qualities that are muddied due to Watergate. Trump is one Goddamn thing after another. The only thing he got done was the tax break, which no President has ever really been championed over. No wall, no immigration reform, no better healthcare, no infrastructure, no drug reform, no pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, no backbone with an Iran redline...

Old 09-27-2019, 09:04 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times
Obama was worshipped by the liberal media, which is most of the national media. Even among non-liberal media, he was often treated with kid gloves because he is black and they don't want to be accused of being racist if they were to attack a black president too hard. Trump was already accused of being racist for questioning Obama's birth certificate even though it had nothing to do with his color and more about his foreign connections and his non-American name and official Indonesian documents stating he is Muslim.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
His conduct has, indeed, been shameful.
What did he expect? He went out of his way to make enemies of everyone in DC. he is getting exactly what he sowed.

That said the party hardliners on both sides are what caused us to get stuck with Trump. Hardliners all deserve to be ridiculed.

We need middle of the road choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies