Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 07:13 PM

18,473 posts, read 15,262,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Any immigration bill that passes will have some significant legalization. The 2013 act had significant legalization but also conditioned it on various security goals being met first. And it had more than enough support from Democrats and Republicans to pass. That is why the Republican leadership blocked it. Because the Congress would have passed it. So some minority of the representatives blocked the majority.

The present system is quite unable to even hold the illegal population stable. Unless we do something soon we will hit the proper economic conditions and the illegal aliens population will jump 3 or 4 million. And the rightists will scream about the left when in fact it is the idiot approach of the right that prevents a solution.

And this is a good way to tell those who oppose illegal immigration from those who do not like brown people...just watch whether they go after the majority of the illegal new arrivals who are not brown or fixate on the brown people coming over the south border. It is pretty clear what motivates most of them on this list.
What percentage of illegal immigrants are European? I know there are some, but statistically, are they significant enough to test your theory? Aren’t most of the visa overstayers Asian? Do Asians count as brown, like the caucasians from south of the border seem to be considered by some? Do you really think a person who is against brown Mexicans coming here illegally, is fine with a Caucasian Mexican coming here illegally? Or a Caucasian Brazilian? Are they welcomed by the people who want immigration enforcement? Really? Or is the charge of racism just a way for the left to try to shame people into backing down from the immigration issue?

And what of the pro Brexit people in England, who don't want the poor Polish people coming in and lowering waged and sucking up social services? Are they racist too, for not wanting those other white people in their country? Because the leftists in England call them racist because of it. Try to explain that one to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 07:47 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't understand why someone arrested for a sex crime was released from custody in the first place? Perhaps someone can explain that to me, devoid of political commentary. Did they pay their cash bond to be released until their trial date?
Because democrats consider pedophillia a sexial orientation and they love illegals. This is almost as good as it gets for them. If he knocks up some welfare queen while on the run they may run him for vp in 2020

Old 09-28-2019, 08:24 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What percentage of illegal immigrants are European? I know there are some, but statistically, are they significant enough to test your theory? Aren’t most of the visa overstayers Asian? Do Asians count as brown, like the caucasians from south of the border seem to be considered by some? Do you really think a person who is against brown Mexicans coming here illegally, is fine with a Caucasian Mexican coming here illegally? Or a Caucasian Brazilian? Are they welcomed by the people who want immigration enforcement? Really? Or is the charge of racism just a way for the left to try to shame people into backing down from the immigration issue?

And what of the pro Brexit people in England, who don't want the poor Polish people coming in and lowering waged and sucking up social services? Are they racist too, for not wanting those other white people in their country? Because the leftists in England call them racist because of it. Try to explain that one to me.
So now that poster has resorted to the skin color/race card? His/hers ideas are ludicrous anyway and now this????? Not our fault that most illegals in our country tend to be from south of our border with brown skin. If they had white skin I would till oppose their illegal presence here. He/she needs to re-read my post #57 also.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:34 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So now that poster has resorted to the skin color/race card? His/hers ideas are ludicrous anyway and now this????? Not our fault that most illegals in our country tend to be from south of our border with brown skin. If they had white skin I would till oppose their illegal presence here. He/she needs to re-read my post #57 also.
Yup. As soon as a leftist starts in with the snark about "brown people," which is the tired old racist lie, I tune out.

I don't want millions of high school dropouts with no valuable job skills to sneak into our country every year, settle in our neighborhoods, put their illegal alien children on the free food program, and bring down the caliber of the schools. In an ultra-liberal county about an hour from where I live, their sanctuary policies have been a big welcome mat to illegals, and estimates are now that 25% of the county residents are illegals. (Of course, they're being settled into the working class neighborhoods. The affluent neighborhoods, where the local politicians live in their $1.5 million houses, are free of illegals.)

Color has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:14 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Because democrats consider pedophillia a sexial orientation and they love illegals. This is almost as good as it gets for them. If he knocks up some welfare queen while on the run they may run him for vp in 2020
Its not just democrats who have a thing for pedophiles...its ALL political parties!

If only we could get some transcripts of Bohemian Grove retreats?!!!

Old 09-28-2019, 09:32 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Breitbart? Seriously?

You expect thinking people to believe something from Breitbart?

Lol...
Just because Breitbart is a questionable source ("fake news" material) that doesn't mean that all stories from them are false/fake!

Old 09-28-2019, 09:36 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

Best view of where they are coming from I know of is a BBC quote of Pew data...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48629658

About half way in there is a chart of where they came from in 2007 versus 2017.

Mexico went from 52% to 20%
El S, Guat, Hond went from 11% to 17%
South and East Asia went from 12% to 23%
Rest of world went from 23% to 49%

The message is that Mexico is no longer the big player. And Asian are not Hispanic. Seems to be Spanish that sets people off.

The Brexit thing is pretty much pure xenophobia. And the interesting thing is that there were rules that could have been asserted by the Brits to avoid the problem. But they did not and the lower end of Brit Society erupted.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Why ddes the GOP cite Breitbart? Lol,. Completely unreliable.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Maybe it's time that ICE quit using 'requests for detainer' and got arrest warrants signed by a judge? That's what Police all over the US do when they want a prisoner held. ICE uses detainers to imprison people without due process and, in many cases, without any charges pending or probable cause of any violation

Old 09-29-2019, 12:43 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Why ddes the GOP cite Breitbart? Lol,. Completely unreliable.
Why does the left cite CNN, NYT, MSNBC, WAPO ?
All of those have been caught with way more lies, fake news, racists, hatemongers, racebaiters, and corrupted reporters than Breitbart has.

Show me one story on their webpage that’s fake or unreliable. I read it occasionally because
Breitbart has news that other outlets don’t cover., especially facts and data the left totally ignores.
I read a wide variety of news, opinions, and facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies