Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 08:41 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,539,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Negatory. They lack the required sense of humor.

I thought it was hilarious. Good for her. and yes that is exactly the point that she was making!
I don't understand why people can't live their lives and just let other people live their lives.
Because their religion really wants to run everyone else’s lives, just like it used to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 08:53 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
When Elizabeth Warren was recently asked how she would respond to an Evangelical supporter who believes marriage is between one man and one woman, her reply was baffling. She stated, "I’m going to assume it’s a guy who said that, and I’m just going to say: then just marry one woman."
Why would she assume that only "guys" believe in traditional marriage? I guess I missed the news flash that women no longer support marriage between a man and woman.
No one said anything about NOT supporting hetero marriage. The question was about responding to evangelicals who support it ONLY. You can support all kinds of relationships without negating any of them. I’m in a hetero marriage so I guess you could extrapolate I “believe” in it, but I also “believe” in gay marriage. Believing in things that actually exist is pretty silly though. You don’t believe in reality, it just is. Marriage isn’t a unicorn.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 10-11-2019 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-11-2019, 08:56 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
She sounds like a snarky broad with that comment. The question was pertinent and with a thoughtful answer she possibly could be persuasive to a voter on the fence about her. But no, she had to sound like a man-hating witch instead.

If you are a grown up who still believes that your personal religious beliefs extend beyond your own finger tips then you deserve a bit more than snark. Elizabeth Warren was quite restrained there.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:56 PM

9,423 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
When Elizabeth Warren was recently asked how she would respond to an Evangelical supporter who believes marriage is between one man and one woman, her reply was baffling. She stated, "I’m going to assume it’s a guy who said that, and I’m just going to say: then just marry one woman."
Why would she assume that only "guys" believe in traditional marriage? I guess I missed the news flash that women no longer support marriage between a man and woman.
She's simple-minded, phony through and through, and would be nowhere without her long trail of lies which opened doors for her because...she's phony.

Look at her onstage. Waving her arms around, yelling, bunch of zombies cheering her, she says nonsensical impossible things, she either has no grasp of reality or knows that her drones don't.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Aaahhh....just like Trump, I'm sure she was just joking...you "guys" take everything so seriously! ...must just be derangement.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:09 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Boom!

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1182466357738164225

Old 10-11-2019, 09:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
She's right, there are not many men today. Too many abandon their kids and don't work enough to take care of themselves or family. A man that doesn't take care of family can never be a man.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:03 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If you are a grown up who still believes that your personal religious beliefs extend beyond your own finger tips then you deserve a bit more than snark. Elizabeth Warren was quite restrained there.
Good for her. She can keep her tent small then instead of trying to expand it.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:27 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,104,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Aaahhh....just like Trump, I'm sure she was just joking...you "guys" take everything so seriously! ...must just be derangement.
Exactly. It’s the Court Jester Excuse. “She was just kidding and poking fun at the media”.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:32 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,104,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

Look at her onstage. Waving her arms around, yelling, bunch of zombies cheering her, she says nonsensical impossible things, she either has no grasp of reality or knows that her drones don't.
Sounds exactly like a Trump rally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies