Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 08:36 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Let me guess? The article is from campusreform.org?
I've never read campus reform. Is it a conservative news source that reveals just how crazy the leftists are in regard to education? Sounds like something worth checking out.....thanks for alerting me to its existence.

And to answer your question....NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 09:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
OK... but the remarks being discussed here were made by a prominent writer with 139,000 Twitter followers. Similar stuff can be found in the NYT every day.
I guess our definitions of "prominent writer" differ greatly.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I guess our definitions of "prominent writer" differ greatly.
Whatever. This garbage is mainstream now and liberals own it.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:05 AM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
If that is applied it just shows that the liberal arts and literature are a matter of personal taste and personal choice best studied as a hobby and not a course of instruction. Glad that I studied engineering.
Who wrote the material you studied?

Old 11-04-2019, 01:47 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That or due to an overdeveloped sense of societal guilt and a competition to see who can hate themselves the most? The PC crowd has always swung to the extreme, but now they are taking it even further.

Me? I grew up with the classics.
Mark Twain- Tom Sawyer
O'Henry - The ransom of Red Chief
Poe- The tell Tale Heart
Just to name a few.
I am in a mixed race marriage with 2 beautiful daughters and a son I adopted.
I guess the classics were a bad influence on me.
When people handle issues properly from the beginning, it reduces the risk of issues like this.

See Rwanda. The different ethnicities deemed themselves different races and as we know, the genocide occurred. Afterward, all references to ethnicity were abolished. The country devoted itself to its betterment. Today Rwanda is better than ever. It’s capital city is one of the cleanest cities in the world.

The U.S. would have been better off it had handled its wrongdoing early on. This and other issues are the result of not doing so. Instead you have sorts of extremes, such as this woman who obviously despises what made her.

I’m of mixed heritage and married a different mix than myself as well. I enjoy classics from various cultures.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:34 AM

17,813 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
OK... but the remarks being discussed here were made by a prominent writer with 139,000 Twitter followers. Similar stuff can be found in the NYT every day.
This lady is a freelance writer from LA. Not an academician nor a "prominent writer".

Her premise is that none of the traditional female writers and writers of color get exposure in school curriculum because they are crowded out by the works of white males.

BFD.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:15 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This lady is a freelance writer from LA.
Nope.

Quote:
Schwartz grew up in Highland Park, Illinois,[6] Schwartz attended Brown University on a public policy and a pre-medical course, but ultimately decided to become a writer.[7] Schwartz was a Presidential Scholar.

Dana Schwartz has published two books. Her first book, a YA novel entitled And We're Off was published in May 2017. Seventeen Magazine named it one of the best books of the year, and Vulture listed it as one of the 10 best YA books of 2017.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Maybe if you don't like what you have to read, you shouldn't go to college...or at a minimum, not take that class.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
When people handle issues properly from the beginning, it reduces the risk of issues like this.

See Rwanda. The different ethnicities deemed themselves different races and as we know, the genocide occurred. Afterward, all references to ethnicity were abolished. The country devoted itself to its betterment. Today Rwanda is better than ever. It’s capital city is one of the cleanest cities in the world.

The U.S. would have been better off it had handled its wrongdoing early on. This and other issues are the result of not doing so. Instead you have sorts of extremes, such as this woman who obviously despises what made her.

I’m of mixed heritage and married a different mix than myself as well. I enjoy classics from various cultures.
I can't believe it! This is a thread on the extent to which leftists have gone with their anti-white hatred, and a liberal races in to blame the United Statss of America.

Stop defending the bad behavior of racists.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This lady is a freelance writer from LA. Not an academician nor a "prominent writer".

Her premise is that none of the traditional female writers and writers of color get exposure in school curriculum because they are crowded out by the works of white males.

BFD.
Such a typical liberal retort. When one of the leftists reveals just how crazy they're getting, another leftist - not quite as bad but with no defense - says she's an outlier. She represents how extreme (and yes, racist) far-leftists are in this country, and how they are brainwashing our children into the white-man-bad mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies